User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I finally went coupon shopping today for the first time with my coupon folder in hand and looked like the crazy coupon lady! But I did save $153.60 today thanks to coupons!

One of my biggest saves today was at Walmart. I had a coupon for $5 off any Airwick Freshmatic odor detect air freshener and it was on for $7.95!! I only paid $2.95 for it! And SDM has it advertised "on sale" for $11.88! Yay Coupons!! I was very proud of that purchase.

I was just wondering...has anyone on here ever shopped like they do on TLC's extreme couponing? Like buying $1000 worth of stuff for $5? Or is that because of their coupon doubling and "special" coupons down South?

I felt guilty having a $300 bill even though I stocked up on food, cleaning supplies, and toilet paper and saved $150. I wish my bill was only $5.89 or whatever like on the TV show.

So....anyone???
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Wick, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Middleclassmom had a great brag, that could qualify.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/198247-...89-tax-canada/

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

wow you did super great youu saved alot,153.60 is a big coupon event,I had posted a few mths ago that I save over 500.00 at LD paid only taxes and the same mth I saved almost the same amount,there are alot of great coupon stories,the newbies on here are the best they learnt fast and are much better than me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I think Canadians are still being over charged for the same items that americans buy. I think one reason is simply that there are way more people in america then canada, therefore companies have to complete harder for business. I started couponing because that show, I was absolutely blown away the first time I watched it.

Did you notice that everyone on that show is morbidly obese? I think its important to not neglect the fruit and vegetable isle just because you have to pay full price.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

thats awesome grats! I've never even seen that show, I've heard tons about it but never seen. I feel like that's kinda a dirty little secret *lol*. but yeah 153$ is awesome! crazy coupon lady be damned!

and jessicasale, my solution for fruits and veggies is shopping at H&W produce and watching for sales on fruits and veggies, and i only buy whats in season or on for a really good price, and plan my meals around what's there. saves me a ton on my produce bills, and my family has salad or some other veggie equivalence with every dinner.

Trading Score
    1 (67%)

Wow! I have never saved anywhere near that much in one go!
    Jessi...

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

There are FAR more coupons in the states then there are in canada... it is much more difficult to shop for free here... and very often the stuff people are getting for free is not food stuffs... we get better deals... but we are still paying... but wow middleclassmom did great! still it is typical of the things people are getting for free... hard to get the food stuffs. I have had some smaller good shops... spent .39 cents at shoppers a couple weeks ago and i did get some food stuffs like
    janes checken breasts (odd thing is i got a bone in one of my peices of chicken and now i am getting sent a replacement coupon)
    betty crocker scallop potatoes $1 coupon
    2 stouffer rst chicken dinners (one bag feeds 2 and i forgot the $2 off coupons... it still is bugging me)
    smuckers jam,
    purina busy bone $2.99 on sale and i had a $3 coupon,
    hamburger helper $1 coupon,
    5 packs of multibonita vitamins with a rain check for $4.99 and i used $10 off coupons
    plus 2 bags ( i was busing and didn't think to bring any... I so can't wait for my car to get fixed!)
    To do this you really have to keep track in the store... and the cashier didn't want to give me the $10 off each pack until i asked how much shoppers gets back on that coupon... then he rang it thru.... i planned for this trip in advance nothing like sweating bullets at the till when the till comes up with $68.98 and you have a gift card for $6.99 in your pocket and $3 in change and a mitt full of coupons and prayers. I coupon because i need to... i am about to go to university and i have to coupon in order to make my budget work (40 years old and finally getting a education lol). Now for me to feed a family and do this for free everytime... i would have to clear every shelf in calgary when the deals present themselves and nobody else would get the deals. I am just happy when i get a share of the savings but i still do have to purchase some things. I hope and pray way we get a store that will start doubling coupons so i can make my little bit of $ go farther.

Thread Information