User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, Mar 22nd, 2012
    ...i never knew id say this in a million years until i started couponing about a month ago, i had a feeling of separation anxiety! it just felt like throwing away money!

how do you describe the feeling you get when you dispose your expired coupons?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    "Couponing is my cardio."
    LF: icoke pins, Colgate, Crest Toothpaste, Irish Spring, Lever 2000, snuggle $1 off any

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Slightly sick in my stomach. I never know if I should hang on to coupons to the bitter end hoping for a great deal or just put them into a train or something.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

It depends on the relationship you have with any particular coupon. Some were dead end from the beginning (or became that way somewhere along the way) and it's best to put them out of their misery.

And some had so much potential for fulfillment but we might be unwilling to admit that we just failed to grasp the opportunity. It's best to toss those quickly, without a second glance.

The absolute worst though, is to have to toss an expired FPC into the recycling bin as you (with clenched teeth and fist, and eyes brimming with tears) do a spot on imitation of Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With the Wind...

"As God is my witness... I'll NEVER... " let a FPC expire again!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know exactly what you mean dead from thge beginning. When i get coupons I know I will never use because the product never goes on sale. Or Its not worth it because even if it does go on sale, still not worth it.

Trading Score
    101 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
    It depends on the relationship you have with any particular coupon. Some were dead end from the beginning (or became that way somewhere along the way) and it's best to put them out of their misery.

And some had so much potential for fulfillment but we might be unwilling to admit that we just failed to grasp the opportunity. It's best to toss those quickly, without a second glance.

The absolute worst though, is to have to toss an expired FPC into the recycling bin as you (with clenched teeth and fist, and eyes brimming with tears) do a spot on imitation of Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With the Wind...

"As God is my witness... I'll NEVER... " let a FPC expire again!!!

I have been laughing so hard till my cheeks and stomach hurts!! you just made my day..
    LF: icoke pins, Colgate, Crest Toothpaste, Irish Spring, Lever 2000, snuggle $1 off any

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    223 (100%)

deleted
    Last edited by chatykaty; Thu, Aug 25th, 2011 at 02:07 PM.
    Get paid to "like stuff" EASY money!!
    http://www.likenet.ca?ref=514483300

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't think I'm throwing away money when I throw away coupons.I'm saving money but not buying things I don't need.Saving myself from turning into a crazed coupon lady like those on Extreme Couponing.

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    I don't think I'm throwing away money when I throw away coupons.I'm saving money but not buying things I don't need.Saving myself from turning into a crazed coupon lady like those on Extreme Couponing.
    You have a point. Not using a $ off coupon on something that was never a decent enough price on sale isn't that much of a disappointment.

The episode where the lady bought 93 bags of croutons on EC. How is she possibly going to use those all before they go stale? It's not like it's even a side dish on its own.

I have 3 coupons expiring at the end of this month. I'm doing my first big shop on April 30th and I'm going to try to use at least one of these. If I can't find the items for a fair price, I'll just recycle and smile.

Interesting regarding the military staff, that would be a good place to dispose of them.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

does anyone know this for a fact? because there is a lady at my local LD that knowingly tries to pass off expired coupons..cuz i've been told it isn't just one coupon, its a stack she tries to pass off! ....maybe thats where its all going!

Quote Originally Posted by chatykaty View Post
    There is a lady who takes expired coupons in Alberta and gives them to the military. apparently military people can use the coupons up to 6 months after they expire. If you want the adress I can provide it!! Please PM me and i will get it to you!!

Trading Score
    101 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine88 View Post
    does anyone know this for a fact? because there is a lady at my local LD that knowingly tries to pass off expired coupons..cuz i've been told it isn't just one coupon, its a stack she tries to pass off! ....maybe thats where its all going!
    uh-oh..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

When I have coupons close to the expiry date that I haven't been able to trade and tht are for products that I'm not looking for particularly, I like to play the Fairy coupon lady and just leave them at the store by the items. At least someone else will be able to use them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

If it's a coupon I would have used if I found the right price before it expired I'll wish it a fond farewell. Some (batteries, vitamins) I say "good riddance"!
    "Never will you get a better psychological subject than a hungry cat" Dr. E. Thorndike
    "Never ask a hungry cat whether he loves you for you alone" L. Camuti

Trading Score
    101 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cbou View Post
    When I have coupons close to the expiry date that I haven't been able to trade and tht are for products that I'm not looking for particularly, I like to play the Fairy coupon lady and just leave them at the store by the items. At least someone else will be able to use them.
    Wow! that sounds like good thing to do! or if it doesn't sound creepy at all, i sometimes take a peek at someone else's grocery cart and see if they have something that i have a coupon for and give it to them! one time i saw this lady buying like 5 Head and shoulders shampoo without a coupon!!! i handed her a few of mine.. (which i don't use) i saved her a lot of money! guess who they're going to talk about during dinner! me! )

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine88 View Post
    Ugh sounds exactly like this lady who often shops at the store I work at she has piles of coupons that are expired, American and for the wrong product all the time and also tries to pricematch with old flyers and for the wrong items and sizes all the time. It's so frustrating as a couponer to watch her try to slide false deals at every shopping trip and then say "take off bill no want no more". It just makes it harder for other customers when people like this shop at the store.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I'm a sidetracked couponer...I'll order lots of lovely coupons and then forget about them once I've neatly placed them in my coupon binder. I'll dig out the binder later on only to find that those lovely coupons have already expired. Sigh...I silently recite the couponers' prayer "as god is my witness...." and toss the expired ones into the woodstove. I definitely need a better system. I love the binder, it's so organized! but it's sooo large and I hate dragging it around when I shop. One day...it'll get better!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information