User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Just looked at the circular and Maxi will now price match anyone on anything, even meat and house brand. This is great, no more running around from grocery store to grocery store to get what I need. One stop shop. So exited.

Do you think they're doing this so more couponers will go?
    This thread is currently associated with: Maxi

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

What
    Great news ...wish i had the flyer to check it out myself!!
    Come on -Join me ! Get Points, get Free stuff

http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/kazm-l
    And if you need a link for Zoombucks or Irazoo ....let me know!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yeap, read it twice to make sure. Rules are on the back of this weeks flyer.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Not particularly excited... Because I never hunt good coupon at maxi and I don't have it in my small town, so I need to drive next city to go at Maxi... I shop there, but need to go at other store for coupon hunting... I do only one trip for grocery shopping and coupon hunting, don't matter to price match or not for me.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

That's interesting I didn't see that will go check it out. I rarely price match anyways because most stores are with 10 minutes from me but I will take it into consideration. Hopefully they will be easier on couponers. I have had a few bad times at Maxi.

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Thanks for posting this info... great news & yes I am excited about this I will check it out in the flyer. With the price of gas so high this will be great ....1 stop!!
    Thanks so much!!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

IM exited!!! for some reason managers at maxi are not emotionaly attach to the store... (maybe yellow turns them off) they understand that the goal of a store is to empty the shelfs... at IGA or METRO, PHARMAPRIX the managers lost it long time ago... the more you buy the worst they treat you... and if there is a miss price item you have to put your game face on, show that you know the law, they send three or four people verified the item, and lose a lot of time, patience, and they make you feel bad for getting things free... i never had those troubles at maxi, they dont have time to give me a hard time... and i like it!

thanks maxi, for realizing that went it comes to costumer service less is more!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has anyone actually tried to price match at Maxi? I went there over the weekend and spotted about 20 items that were cheaper in the competitor's flyers. You would think that Maxi would go around and adjust the prices, but it seems that the onus is on us to pay for everything at the higher price, and than wait in line at the service counter to get the price difference. They do not beat the lower price, just match it. So we do the work, and they match. Almost makes me want to support the actual supermarket who had the jewels to put the item on sale in the first place.

Can you imagine this on a Saturday? 20 price matches while there are 5 to 10 people behind me waiting for bottle refunds, cigarette purchases, returns etc etc. Not only will this be a very stressful time for both the cashier and I, but also for people waiting in line for other stuff.

Why can't Maxi just do a REAL price match? If they would go around the store with the competitor's flyers, and reduce the prices on those items, I would shop there every week , without fail.

Anybody have any experiences at Maxi doing a bunch of price matches? I would be curious to hear your stories...
    Last edited by Panache70; Mon, May 2nd, 2011 at 04:11 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No store ever or will ever match every other competitors with their price tags, they would be out of buisness quite fast!

I went to Maxi this week and pricematched what walmart had for sale that i wanted, good enough for me, for now. Yet the cashier had to ask her manager on how to do it, and made a comment about never seeing anyone with so much coupons ( 10 ).
    Still this was a better experience then what i'm used at Walmart. (they really seem to enjoy making a fuss and wasting lots of time for pennies even when they are wrong)

But as said, a premium, say 10% wich is the usual when price matching would make it much more attractive then to simply go buy stuff at the store wich did had the "jewels" to make up a real sale.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hate the concept.

"Do all the investigating, wait in line, and I will give you the price the other guy is selling for and still make a margin on it".

Somehow, I still prefer stopping at 4 or 5 locations on my way home from work, rather than give Maxi a margin (however small) after doing all the work.

Agreed, if they added a 10% premium on the difference I would do it all at Maxi.

I doubt they would be out of business if they went around the store and price matched everything in advance, because they would probably double or triple their customers.

Lining up a 2nd time to get the price match, without a premium, just does not do it for me.
    Last edited by Panache70; Mon, May 2nd, 2011 at 09:33 PM.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cher_montreal View Post
    IM exited!!! for some reason managers at maxi are not emotionaly attach to the store... (maybe yellow turns them off)
    I worked at a UK supermarket as a youngster where the second own brand was the same yellow. It brings back bad memories 25 yrs later...shudder.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So, anyone price match at Maxi?

Please post your experience....

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Actually wanted to update, went to Maxi Friday and was going to price match the Super C pork chop at 1.99 per pound. They had a sign already on them matching the price. Some blue one that says something like "prix plus bas point final". And I found these signs on many other item in the store so I guess they do their own price matching before hand so you don't need to do it. I like the concept of them doing the leg work. But I did question the customer service and they were very nice, proud and clear. It can be done at any cash during your transaction. You can price match all the local store except pharmacies. They will price match name brand from other store to their own as long as it's in the circular. So Truly diapers from Zellers will be match to President's choice from Maxi. If they don't have 10 pounds potato bags of the same brand, they will match with another 10 pound bag. Now if they had better coupons, it would be the perfect store.
    Last edited by frankienitka; Sun, May 8th, 2011 at 09:58 PM.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I did this weekend and could'nt use my coupons..... so from now on I'll be stopping where ever the special is.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frankienitka View Post
    Actually wanted to update, went to Maxi Friday and was going to price match the Super C pork chop at 1.99 per pound. They had a sign already on them matching the price. Some blue one that says something like "prix plus bas point final". And I found these signs on many other item in the store so I guess they do their own price matching before hand so you don't need to do it. I like the concept of them doing the leg work. But I did question the customer service and they were very nice, proud and clear. It can be done at any cash during your transaction. You can price match all the local store except pharmacies. They will price match name brand from other store to their own as long as it's in the circular. So Truly diapers from Zellers will be match to President's choice from Maxi. If they don't have 10 pounds potato bags of the same brand, they will match with another 10 pound bag. Now if they had better coupons, it would be the perfect store.
    I probably won't end up doing this, but good to know... Thanks

The only thing better than saving money is VOLLEYBALL!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information