User Tag List

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Just thought that I would throw a post out there for the Juniper Ridge Garage Sale on May 1, 2011. It starts at 10 but if you want the good stuff, be here by 8 am...or earlier...

If you have never been it is MASSIVE...actually beyond MASSIVE...people come from all over just for this...imagine 15000+ people walking down the street...the deals you find are amazing...of course my DH will be out selling his wares in our driveway...

Hope to see you there...
    This thread is currently associated with: Garage

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

DALLAS GARAGE SALE IS SATURDAY!!!

(juniper garage sale is awesome)

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Oohhhh...we may have to head out there on Sat...I love garage sale season...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm excited, can't wait!

Don't bring your car to either event and expect to drive it down the road. Bring it, park it, and have good walking shoes on. There is literally nowhere to drive and nowhere to park along the way, find a good spot and secure it.

HINT for those in Dallas, if you can't park at the school, take either end of Todd Hill Crescent. One side, the school side, has parking down the end of it, and the other side has a big empty lot that used to have recycle bins. To my knowledge there's nothing there right now, so unless there's a new no parking sign, you can probably park there.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I love garage sale season, it is my all time favorite thing to do. I tend to skip the Juniper one, as I have three kids (6,5,1) all with me and there is just too many people to navigate around, and the people that are just standing there in the middle of the sidewalk talking to someone that they just happen to see that they haven't seen in a while drive me nuts. Be curteous and move over so people can walk around you. If I could find a babysitter for the kids I would be there in a heartbeat.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I'm excited, can't wait!

Don't bring your car to either event and expect to drive it down the road. Bring it, park it, and have good walking shoes on. There is literally nowhere to drive and nowhere to park along the way, find a good spot and secure it.

HINT for those in Dallas, if you can't park at the school, take either end of Todd Hill Crescent. One side, the school side, has parking down the end of it, and the other side has a big empty lot that used to have recycle bins. To my knowledge there's nothing there right now, so unless there's a new no parking sign, you can probably park there.
    Yep thats right!! there is TONS of parking that face the soccer field..... (that's my childhood street)... my parents, and sister still live there....

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

>:[ I'm watching out my window dumbfounded at people. One person walked their dog up my driveway and onto my grass to let it poop, and somebody else just drove right up and parked in my driveway, and before that we had people parking OVER it so we can't get out... We are not selling anything, so I guess my yard is now a dog park and free parking! People are disrespectful as heck.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

>:[ I'm watching out my window dumbfounded at people. One person walked their dog up my driveway and onto my grass to let it poop, and somebody else just drove right up and parked in my driveway, and before that we had people parking OVER it so we can't get out... We are not selling anything, so I guess my yard is now a dog park and free parking! People are disrespectful as heck.
    where do u live?

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I just got back an hour ago from there. People are insane there, people are just parking where ever they want. One person in front of me got out of their car to go quickly look at a garage sale. We were on Dallas drive, he could have pulled over to the side but he was lazy. IMO some people were asking way too much for some items. Someone had a cute 12-18 month bathing suit, and they were asking $5, I can go get a brand new one the same brand (George) for around $7.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Sound like Dallas was chaos...I know Juniper is going to be tomorrow...Dear Lord...please give me strength not to strangle ANYONE tomorrow...I have run out of places to hide the bodies from last years Juniper garage sale...

Trading Score
    387 (100%)

So, its common people come at 8 even though it starts at 10?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I live on Dallas Drive, the main road, about 1/2 km from the school. My mom and I had to try to get out of our driveway around 1 pm and we were backing out and this group of women just stood there at the end of our driveway talking. We sat there for five minutes, 10 feet from them, and they still didn't get the hint. She had to honk before they even noticed we were there... They actually gave us a look like "Yeah, whadda ya want?" :/ It's like garage sales make people lose every ounce of common sense they have!

And yep! Very normal for earlybirds to be out 2 hours early. I was up at my boyfriend's house in juniper today and by 8 am I saw people coming in in droves. I was actually surprised that at 7:00 people weren't already set up and waiting, people come REALLY early.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

8...people were at my house in Juniper by 7:30...not as crazy this year as it has been in the past but still a gong show...

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

I live on Dallas Drive, the main road, about 1/2 km from the school. My mom and I had to try to get out of our driveway around 1 pm and we were backing out and this group of women just stood there at the end of our driveway talking. We sat there for five minutes, 10 feet from them, and they still didn't get the hint. She had to honk before they even noticed we were there... They actually gave us a look like "Yeah, whadda ya want?" :/ It's like garage sales make people lose every ounce of common sense they have!

And yep! Very normal for earlybirds to be out 2 hours early. I was up at my boyfriend's house in juniper today and by 8 am I saw people coming in in droves. I was actually surprised that at 7:00 people weren't already set up and waiting, people come REALLY early.
    my gosh-- we are practically neighbors!!!!! hahaha

Thread Information