User Tag List

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I cant find anything official on the superstore website. Was it just on Friday for Western Canada?
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I read that it was just for ON.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I think so, I was at the Clarview one last night and the sign at the door said from 5pm - close.
    Wanna make some spare cash? Check out Clixsense: http://www.clixsense.com/?5382267

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yeah it was only on Friday from 5pm until close. However you really didn't miss out unless you were planning on buying big ticket items or really non grocery items. They kinda trick you into thinking its a better deal then it really is. I was thinking that you would get 15% off your purchase but really all they do is take off whatever your GST total is 3x. So I spent $125 and they took off $1.38 3 times as a lot of grocery items don't have GST on them (or at least I think so). So really rushing out to save $4.14 really wasn't worth it, at least for me anyways.
    I'm an Avon rep pm for info.

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/KeLyn7

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KeLyn View Post
    Yeah it was only on Friday from 5pm until close. However you really didn't miss out unless you were planning on buying big ticket items or really non grocery items. They kinda trick you into thinking its a better deal then it really is. I was thinking that you would get 15% off your purchase but really all they do is take off whatever your GST total is 3x. So I spent $125 and they took off $1.38 3 times as a lot of grocery items don't have GST on them (or at least I think so). So really rushing out to save $4.14 really wasn't worth it, at least for me anyways.

Thanks ladies, I'm going back to bed for a bit longer...it sucks that the promotion was deceiving.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I went to Clarview last night too

I think it was some good deals...guess it depends on what you bought! I got dog food (5 bags) and the Quaker items for the new MIR like Pepsi and cereal bars. Also Irish Spring body wash and deodorant were on for $2.99 each (limit of 2 each) - $2.75 coupons - 15%, so I came home with quite a bit, but didn't spend much!

I spent $32.58 OOP
    Total savings $79.50

I was happy! The people behind me at the checkout weren't super happy, but everyone had to line up and wait so I didn't feel that bad.
    The ladies behind me at the checkout were pretty impressed with my total going down and down at the end and they asked me "what's your secret?" - I replied "no secret, just coupons--I use a lot of them!"

Anyways, Superstore usually has these 15% days every 6 weeks or so. Hopefully you can catch the next one!

EASY PAYPAL $$ - GetCashForSurveys - receive $50 free when you take your first paid survey! Brand new site--now open to Canadian residents, reserve your spot before it's full--get paid for your opinion!

My Wish List in under 'About Me' on my profile page

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I dont think it's decieving.

i went in and only bought stuff that had the gst on it... some cleaning products, a book we've been waiting to buy, some health/beauty stuff. I came out with two bags full of things and ended up paying less than $30.. gotta love when things are already marked down and you end up using coupons on them plus you save an extra 15%. but you 're right.. not a big difference if you're buying food.. stuff that has no gst anyway

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KeLyn View Post

Yeah I agree and it's only 10%, cause they do minus the GST 3x but you do pay the GST, so -15% + 5% =10 %

I bought 20 bucks in food and only saved $0.60
    Wanna make some spare cash? Check out Clixsense: http://www.clixsense.com/?5382267

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Ya it was just till Midnight on Friday. I was at the South Common one and I read thier sign

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You do pay gst, but only on the total AFTER they take off 3x whatever gst is on the total amount. So 30$ total on products that you pay gst on is 30-4.50= 25.50 +gst = 26.78

still more than $3 savings just from the gst.. it's better than nothing and if you use your coupons in conjunction with it(like I did) it makes it pretty sweet :D

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I went saturday to rcss, and it was tax free. Bought some garden cedars. Could of sworn the signs posted said it was all weekend.

Thread Information