User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I thought it would be nice to share our experiences in and around Lethbridge, what are your favorite stores to shop in? Which ones do you avoid? Questions, etc. No one seems to talk here in Lethbridge.

I hate shopping at Walmart personally, although I do shop there a lot. Customer service isn't all that great, everyone seems to work in a different department, etc.

I like shopping at Zellers lately because it seems I can use the most coupons there, plus I get HBC rewards points...I'm saving up for a blanket...lol...I may be saving for a looonnnggg time. I like London Drugs too.

I avoid Canadian Tire as much as I can...their customer service seems to be worse than Walmarts, at least with me.

I'm pretty new at this still, and am just starting to get the hang of things. It's been hard buying things I don't need just because it's on sale and I have coupons, but I'm getting over that. We used to live in the Crows Nest Pass, and came here to Lethbridge once a month to stock up, but after we moved here, I got out of that habit because I could just go and pick up stuff as we needed. Then I got a job, and it took up so much of my time, I just used to write a list of stuff I needed and picked it up, never paying attention to the sales and never used coupons. I've got a nice little stockpile now, and I'm saving money with both the coupons and watching the sales.

What days do the stores have their 15% off? I can't remember which Tuesday it is?
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, London Drugs, Walmart, Zellers, The Bay

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

First Tuesday of the month is 15% off at Safeway and Sobey's (pretty sure about Sobey's)... have you tried stacking at London Drugs yet? That is my favourite place to coupon, particularly if you get certain cashiers (a wonderful young girl named Matea, who also coupons; and a couple of the middle-aged women cashiers are good too, just can't remember their names). I find CT never has anything that I go in there for... kind of frustrating.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am sort of new to couponing, have be trying to do it for the last few months anyway. Have had a few good experiences, which is why I am still trying to do it, but I have had a few negative ones too. My main place to coupon is Safeway, love them because of the airmiles, and even if I purchase a product and find a coupon for it the next day I can usually get my money back with it. I have had the most problem at Save-On, could be my fault for not checking policy changes before I go or could be theirs for not being nice about it. Love LD but don't like that they limit their price matches. Really do save money, if I plan and watch the sales all the time!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes, just by watching the sales flyers, I've saved a ton of money.

I just tried stacking at LD last week for the Aveeno sale. The ladies there were super helpful cause I didn't have any idea what I was doing...I've got enough Aveeno to last me for at least 6 months now...lol...Matea is lovely! My nephew Chance works there too, so I go in just to say hello a lot.

I had a few negative experiences at Save-On too, but it was my fault.

The worst experience I've had lately was at the Bay, I had coupons for freebies which I love. I have to be careful with make-up and perfume due to allergies, so I like to try things out before I invest that kind of money. There was an older lady who was at the counter...she said that they didn't carry the one type of product, and "Seeing that you've obviously come in only for the free item, I'll give you two", is what she said to me. I'd gone in with my Bay bag like I always do, intending to see what they had on sale in the kids dept...like I always do, but after she said that, I made a point of not looking for anything, but left. I was too shocked to say anything, so I didn't. It won't stop me from going in, but it was sure insulting.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Yikes!!! She said that to you??? Omg the balls of some ppl. I would have reemed her butt out, that was rude and not called for.
    I always go to walmart and shop. I find the tellers on the southside wayyy friendlier then the north. I always end up commenting on their lack of friendliness at the north...me and others I have heard lol. Coupons or not, they all seem so cranky there.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have trouble finding stuff in the Southside Walmart, almost as if it's been shopped out everytime I go. I always thought it was because it's not as popular, I think a lot of people forget it's there...lol...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went to Shoppers on the southside here, tried to use a coupon on this weeks BOGO event, once three staff members came to the front to look at the coupon, they refused me. So, after feeling like a complete fool, I decide to try my luck on the northside, I mean to save some cash whats a little more embarrassing moments. It was like night and day, the cashier even commented on the good deal I found. She was so kind that I think I will be driving the extra 15 minutes to the northside to do my shopping from now on. Kudos to the northside Shoppers Drug Mart.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

It's amazing how different locations vary with friendliness isn't it? I also hate the ns walmart, it just feels weird, and I can never find anything there lol.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

For me, the ss one is outta stuff faster then the ns.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hmmm...I haven't been to the ss Walmart for a long time, maybe it's time to go back.

I usually have better luck at the NS Shoppers than the one at Park Place Mall too, the clearance stuff is easier for me to find as well. It seems that some sales associates really resent having to deal with coupons doesn't it? I had a coupon for a replacement Olay product, so there would have been no tax, the S/A had a terrible time trying to figure it out, she was nice about it, but I was feeling a little embarassed by the time it was done, I almost said that I'd pay the sales tax, but changed my mind.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found out today at Pharmasave is double coupon days, although they were out of a lot of things (not there fault they were unaware of the number of people who coupon in Lethbridge) but I was still able to pick up 6 Vim cream cleaners for free. Plus a few other things for .50 or $1. All in all the ladies were awesome, and kept a smile on their faces even when things got a little messy. Good job and thanks for all your hard work, saved some hard earned cash and we appreciate it.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ylangylang View Post
    Found out today at Pharmasave is double coupon days, although they were out of a lot of things (not there fault they were unaware of the number of people who coupon in Lethbridge) but I was still able to pick up 6 Vim cream cleaners for free. Plus a few other things for .50 or $1. All in all the ladies were awesome, and kept a smile on their faces even when things got a little messy. Good job and thanks for all your hard work, saved some hard earned cash and we appreciate it.
    thanks for your post, I wasn't sure if double coupon was a go in Lethbridge

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's wonderful! Where is the Pharmasave in Lethbridge?? I don't think I've ever seen it.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GinaMWright View Post
    That's wonderful! Where is the Pharmasave in Lethbridge?? I don't think I've ever seen it.
    downtown between 3 & 4 Ave. I think it might be 3rd street, not sure I know it is close to Kind of trade, or around that area.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks barato! I'll have to go and look for it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information