User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

basically what the title says...what does SCOP stand for?

sorry fairly new and never understood this...lol

thank you in advance...
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not a stupid question Won't bore you with a cliche quote about there being no such thing as a stupid question.

SCOP stands for "Scanning Code of Practice." When an item scans at the register for more than the shelf price, if the item is under $10, you are entitled to get it free. If the price of the item is more than $10, the cashier should take $10 off of the appropriate price (shelf price).

Most stores follow SCOP - but not all.

You can check out this link for more info:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/18594-s...actice-canada/
    Last edited by Aimz; Thu, Apr 28th, 2011 at 07:21 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I thought that it was a law that they had to follow SCOP.

Now I have another question if you pick up 4 entirely different products and they all scan wrong does it only apply to the first one or all 4? I know if they are the same it applies to the first one only.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow thank you...i guess i will need to pay more attention at the cash so i can notice these mistakes...lol...

that is why when i went to independant a couple of weeks ago the price scanned wrong on one of my items but i didn't notice and the cashier did so she called the superviser and she gave it to me for free at the time i thought man they are being nice here...now i realize that it must have been their policy...lol...

thanks again

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by butterflies114 View Post
    I thought that it was a law that they had to follow SCOP.

Now I have another question if you pick up 4 entirely different products and they all scan wrong does it only apply to the first one or all 4? I know if they are the same it applies to the first one only.
    If they are the same product, it only applies to one of them.

If there are four different products, SCOP should be applied to each of them.

Also, I think most major retailers do follow SCOP, but apparently it is only a law in Quebec.
    Last edited by Aimz; Thu, Apr 28th, 2011 at 07:25 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by chloe2011 View Post
    wow thank you...i guess i will need to pay more attention at the cash so i can notice these mistakes...lol...

that is why when i went to independant a couple of weeks ago the price scanned wrong on one of my items but i didn't notice and the cashier did so she called the superviser and she gave it to me for free at the time i thought man they are being nice here...now i realize that it must have been their policy...lol...

thanks again
    No problem

I remember my first time experiencing SCOP - I thought the same: "Wow, they have good customer service here." And then I joined SC and realized its policy, haha.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimz View Post
    If they are the same product, it only applies to one of them.

If there are four different products, SCOP should be applied to each of them.
    Thanks a few months ago I bought 4 different Garnier items all came up at a higher price then what was displayed and the Manager would only give me 1 item for free (of course the lowest priced one), I argued with them that because they are different it should apply to all of them, I gave up beacuse I wasn't 100% sure, but next time I will stand there until they give me all my free items!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, it's a law in Quebec, my mother use this alot at a certain Provigo, they finally learned to remove all price tags for items that were on sale the week before.

I really don't know about multiple of the same items, but items with different bar codes definitively EACH deserve the SCOP discount.

Thread Information