User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Harbinger of Cookies
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

So even though it isn't a bonus redemption day, I thought the deal on Huggies diapers ($9.99 for a mega pack!!!) was a good day to redeem.

I planned everything out to spend ~$85 and get lots of free diapers but the first SDM I went to was already sold out of the sizes I need by 1 pm
    I went to the cashier to ask for a raincheck and she says no!!! This is because Huggies is changing their whole line of diapers and they won't be getting in any more mega packs. However, she talked to the manager and I can have the box size for $9.99!!!! Now this means I have to pay out of pocket for them (minus my $3 coupon) but it was too good of a deal to pass up so I paid $6.99 + $0.50 tax for 68 diapers.

I still wanted to redeem so I went to a smaller SDM in town and they had 2 each of the sizes I needed which was perfect because I had 4 X $3 coupons to use!

Other coupons I used:

- Kraft $3 WUB4, bought 2 X peanut butter @ $3.49 and 2 X salad dressing @ $2.79
    - buy 2 Nutrigrain bars and get free 10 pack of MinuteMaid juice boxes (saved $5.09)
    - $0.75 on Sunmaid raisin bread which was on for $2.99

Total was $87.19 - $85 (50,000 redemption) + $2.45 tax = $4.64 OOP at the second store. Grand total for the day $12.13!!!

This thread is currently associated with: Huggies, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

Wow that's great, one day i want to be able to shop like you. lol

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Wtg !!!

Awesome
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

This is a pretty silly question... But how many diapers of each size do babies go through, approximately? I'm starting to stock up a bit by stacking at LD, even though I don't have any kids just yet. I figure if I can get them almost free, if I for some reason don't need them, I'll give them away to friends who have babies. But I'm not sure how many of each size to get. So far I've gotten two big packs of size 1, and I'm not sure where to go from there....

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

nice shopping

Harbinger of Cookies
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by blawblaw View Post
    This is a pretty silly question... But how many diapers of each size do babies go through, approximately? I'm starting to stock up a bit by stacking at LD, even though I don't have any kids just yet. I figure if I can get them almost free, if I for some reason don't need them, I'll give them away to friends who have babies. But I'm not sure how many of each size to get. So far I've gotten two big packs of size 1, and I'm not sure where to go from there....

When they are little they go through more diapers because they POOP ALL THE TIME!! You also have to change them more because their little butts are very sensitive For my little guy I estimate 8-10 diapers a day for the first 6 months and about 6 a day after that. They grow out of the little sizes really quick so I would mostly stock up on size 3 and up. This is a generous estimate and includes extras like the one you didn't quite get on before he peed on you etc.
    This is pretty accurate for my girl too, who is now 3. Just a note, her butt never got big enough for size 6 before she was out of diapers so I don't stock up on that size for my son either.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

What a great day shopping you had. Frustrating that the first store was already sold out though.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

Great redemption!!!!!!!
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Trading Score
    139 (100%)

Fantastic, that was really nice of the store manager to do that for you!
    ~ Becky ~

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

thats awesome!!!!
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Wtg!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There was a SDM in winnipeg that cleared them out at $4!!! Now you could have really stocked up at that price, however I missed their deal by a week

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieBargainista View Post
    When they are little they go through more diapers because they POOP ALL THE TIME!! You also have to change them more because their little butts are very sensitive For my little guy I estimate 8-10 diapers a day for the first 6 months and about 6 a day after that. They grow out of the little sizes really quick so I would mostly stock up on size 3 and up. This is a generous estimate and includes extras like the one you didn't quite get on before he peed on you etc.
    This is pretty accurate for my girl too, who is now 3. Just a note, her butt never got big enough for size 6 before she was out of diapers so I don't stock up on that size for my son either.
    I agree, and I've done this 5 times . The caveat being how big they are when they come out ! I had two almost 10 pounders who spent about a week or so in newborn, about a month in size 1 (if that), and then we camped at size 2 and 3 for a long tiem. I had two 5 poinders who lived in newborn diapers for 4 months, and size 1 for a long time, and a 7 pounder, who also stayed in newborn for quite a while...

I wouldn't stock up on too many newborns, as unless they are preemies, or really tiny newborns, they probably won't stay in them too long. DItto for size 1, to a lesser extent, but I'd go crazy on size 2 and 3 stocking up.

My experience with wipes, was that my kids could only use 1 type (huggies) as newborns as they reacted to pampers, so I was careful stockpiling wipes. THat could just be my kids too!

To the OP, good job!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Great redemption! I agree with the above posters in regards to buying diapers. My rule of thumb was 3 pks(mega size)each until sz 3. Both of my son's had chubby thighs so I have to buy them a little bigger. My youngest is almost 6 months old and wears size 4 already! I have stockpiled 2 boxes each of size 4 & 5. I have about 4 pks of mega sz 6 and a pks or two of size 7.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

this is a great redemption, wtg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information