User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

That is why I always do coupon items at the end when I am done loading the belt so I can watch and have them change it before they finish the transaction, just makes life easier on you and the cashier

As far as ice cream coupons, coupons that say 'up to $x' and not $x off don't fall under the guidelines of overage, because they write the price in. Some managers seem to be allowing overage, others not but I don't think either of them are wrong and I certainly would not give a cashier a hard time over it
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    344 (100%)

I went to Walmart last night in Kitchener and went through a checkout that I had gone through before and had to explain the policy to the girl, which she then had to get another girl to come over and okay it. She told me that all the cashiers have now been informed of the new policy at this store. She kept apologizing to me, saying that she was sorry for the confusion on my last visit regarding the coupons, and that the cashiers were not told of the changes. She said that I should have no problems in the future. I will definitely look for her if she is working. She put my whole order through last night and then just rang the coupons through at the end without a blink.....it was so nice!!!! Fingers crossed that this will be the norm.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    That is why I always do coupon items at the end when I am done loading the belt so I can watch and have them change it before they finish the transaction, just makes life easier on you and the cashier

As far as ice cream coupons, coupons that say 'up to $x' and not $x off don't fall under the guidelines of overage, because they write the price in. Some managers seem to be allowing overage, others not but I don't think either of them are wrong and I certainly would not give a cashier a hard time over it

I like to have the cpns rung in after each item that they belong to, this way it is easy for cashiers to verify that it is the right cpn for the right item.
    Regarding the ice cream cpns, the cashier was not the problem in the first store, it was the supervisor who took one look at me and declared that she was not going to argue with me, saying it in a condecending way. She has always given me a hard time, for the past 3 years, even before I used cpns.

The second store supervisor was great, he recognised the ice cream cpn, and told the cashier to scan them in at the end. She did not understand/ hear/ or care to do it, as it seemed to irritate her that I was getting money towards the rest of my shopping basket. She stood there and argued with the supervisor who for the second time explained to her how to ring in them in at 5.00 each. I was amazed at how a cashier who is new on the job, would think it is ok to give that kind of attitude to a supervisor, and them to be so rude to me as the customer afterwards.
    She was at first all smiles and very polite untill she saw that there was extra funds going towards my basket.

I have had my own store, have worked in the retail trade for over 30 years, and am just floored at the attitude some cashiers give towards customers. They would not last long in my store, if that was not changed.

As a customer I expect to be treated with respect, as cashiers also should be treated with respect. Break that respect circle and everything goes wrong!!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I phone the main WM customer number in Ontario a few times about the coupon policy, i put in a complaint to my local store because none of the cashiers(although they are all very nice, and friendly) do not know anything about coupons, and always have to call for help several times when i am in the store. The first time I phoned, my local store (carleton place) stated that it I had used the wrong store number, and dissregarded my comments (lol)
    the second time, (after several headache inducing incidents) The store manager call me back...to tell me that there is not a problem, all the cashiers are trained on policies every few months, and did not understand what I was complaining about. He kept asking me for a specific cashiers name, which I would not give him, because I like the cashiers...I just don't like having to wait three days while every employee in the store comes over to verify how to process my coupons!
    So basically nothing was worked out.
    Anyone in my area have this problem?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes I do coupons after each item, but I do any items with coupons last so I am not unpacking the cart and can watch the screen to make sure stuff rings in properly

I agree with you on the way cashiers act though, why be in a customer service industry if you act like that
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Went to the McPhillips store here in Wpg today and had a perfect transaction. It appears that all of the staff have been trained regarding coupons .... although the elderly lady I had today as cashier couldn't understand how the store would pay me to shop, but didn't make a huge issue of it. My bill was $378.62 before coupons and tax ... oop $18. Woo hoo!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

That was a great shop Ilikefree. Crazy amount of stuff you go for almost free.
    My Wal-mart is great. Not all cashiers know about the change in the coupon policy but after a CSM's help. I am usually good to go.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I will be so happy when all stores and cashiers are on the same page. i thought this was it with this "new policy" but it seems we still have to wait some more. I will stay away from deals that are too good to be true for cashiers at Walmart and use my coupons at the Superstore where I get a bit less hassle.

Hopefully we will not have to wait too long. It is just so frustrating not to be able to get the same answer from cashiers every time a coupon is used.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Freebie_Fanatic View Post
    I phone the main WM customer number in Ontario a few times about the coupon policy, i put in a complaint to my local store because none of the cashiers(although they are all very nice, and friendly) do not know anything about coupons, and always have to call for help several times when i am in the store. The first time I phoned, my local store (carleton place) stated that it I had used the wrong store number, and dissregarded my comments (lol)
    the second time, (after several headache inducing incidents) The store manager call me back...to tell me that there is not a problem, all the cashiers are trained on policies every few months, and did not understand what I was complaining about. He kept asking me for a specific cashiers name, which I would not give him, because I like the cashiers...I just don't like having to wait three days while every employee in the store comes over to verify how to process my coupons!
    So basically nothing was worked out.
    Anyone in my area have this problem?
    I also shop at the Walmart in Carleton Place and have never had any problems with my coupons... I generally have at least 10 for every shop I do there. When do you go? I find Friday mornings the best time to go.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I used to do this but then the cashiers are so darn FAST that I can't get organized in the time it takes them to ring the first lot of items through! (maybe I'm just slow! lol!). So now I usually put one item and one coupon at the front -- usually a tricky or unusually hard one to read and that stops them in their tracks. By the time they are done reading the coupon/confering with their other cashier friends/calling a manager or whatever, I've loaded the belt with the rest of my stuff, put coupons with everything, laid out flyers for price-matching and <STRIKE>done my nails.</STRIKE>
    <STRIKE></STRIKE>

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

ughh. I haven't come across this many problems in a walmart before. I'm also somewhat new to using plenty of coupons, but still.. I have always tried to make sure I watch as items ring in and if the total seems fishy to me, I have them give me a printout to read BEFORE I pay. If they don't like it.. too bad, My shopping there is what helps pay their wages. It's my own responsibility to make sure I am not over charged on any items. IF you don't like dealing with the public, get a different job

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I had a WONDERFUL experience today!! when I whipped out the coupon policy the manager laughed and said "I love it!" (at me with my coupon policy!) Writting a letter to head office to let them know how wonderful her and the cashier were!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Happy Dance for You

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    I had a WONDERFUL experience today!! when I whipped out the coupon policy the manager laughed and said "I love it!" (at me with my coupon policy!) Writting a letter to head office to let them know how wonderful her and the cashier were!
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I stopped at the Portage la Prairie Store and the Dauphin store and they still aren't familiar with overages and new policy. Still a ways to go ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information