User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

After another horrible incident at the local Walmart store yesterday I phoned in a verbal complaint this morning. I mentioned my previous incident on April 19 and the formal complaint I had submitted by email to Maria Della Grotta.

I just received a call back from Maria regarding my incident on April 19th at the St. James store in Wpg. She managed the situation very well and was very open to hearing the whole situation over again to ensure she had all the details prior to addressing it further with the store personnel. After a lengthly discussion regarding the incident and my mention of the "letter" she made it very clear that this "policy" we are all carrying around was rather a "guideline". She was disappointed that it got posted as she felt it was a response to an individual enquiry and didn't think it would be used in this way. She said they are in the process of creating an official coupon policy that would be posted but until then the "guidelines" we are all carrying around would be used. I told her I would post a note here indicating this information.

She thanked me for taking the time to address the issues I had by email and phone and said that this would be dealt with further so no one else would have this same experience. I am waiting to hear back from the District Manager. To all you fellow Winnipeg SC's, it looks like our stores will be on the same page once and for all!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Unfortunately to me this sounds like a bit of a "brush off" to the problem... if it was just a "guideline" as she states, why do so many stores know about this and are referring to it as their actual policy?

I'm glad that she addressed your concerns though, that's more then the store did apparently!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I couldn't post the entire conversation, but it in no means was a brush off. She is taking this very seriously and they've been working on it so it is an actual policy. I am assuming they are taking advantage of the coupon craze that is stirred up by the show and wanted to get something in place immediately so the customers would benefit.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    286 (100%)

Hope it will spread through all provinces!

Trading Score
    2 (67%)

i plan on speaking directly to my SDM Associtae for our SDM policy- as the SDM policy posted on here also indicates they have no official policy in place
    Thank u all for your good working finding and sharing couponas anf reebies- Have a $3 similac cheque to trade for FPC- I have a 1 year old- but am willing to negotiate!

Also have many other coupons id love to trade for another good coupon

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

It certainly does make it difficult for us since this is the case... I hope an official policy starts soon, as it would make things easier for everyone involved!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Maria just called again to clarify the COMPETITOR'S COUPONS will only be accepted if they have the specified item and specified price. Most of RCSS coupon zone ones will not work cause they are an amount off the price of the item ... for instance the Sunlight coupon Zone is $1.00 off. It would have to say the sale price of $3.99 so we could use it at Wal-mart. She also said you CAN NOT combined competitor's coupons with a manufacturer coupon. It makes total sense as they have no way of redeeming these coupons from Loblaw. RCSS does have some that say they are "manufacturer coupon" on them, which they could then send in for refund.

We all need to play fair and follow the rules so they don't change the way they are doing it now!
    Last edited by Ilikefree; Wed, May 4th, 2011 at 11:54 AM.

Trading Score
    47 (96%)

Wow who knew we would have so much problems using coupons. I think that more stores are going to have to creat an official policy now.

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

That's very weird!!! i had a problem a couple weeks ago and the manager I spoke with told me that I was just trying to scam them by doing the overages and that if I could not afford my groceries I should get a better job!!! Yeah that's right!!. So I lodged a complaint and the exact same woman called me back and told me that I should have never been treated the way I was and that was there official policy and to make sure I keep a copy with her name and number on it and if I ever have any problems like that again with the policy to have them call her and she will clarify. She said that all stores were notified of the policy change. That made sense to me b/c I have not had any other problem beside that manager. Everyone else has said that they knew about it. i wonder why the same woman is giving 2 different answers

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

the part about being just a guideline sounds like she made it up as at the walamrt here in saskatoon they have them posted at the tills they don't say to be used as a guide line they say coupon policy so I'm not buying her story.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by glenglen View Post
    the part about being just a guideline sounds like she made it up as at the walamrt here in saskatoon they have them posted at the tills they don't say to be used as a guide line they say coupon policy so I'm not buying her story.
    It clearly states in the opening sentence of this "letter" : "the following represents guidelines shared with our stores to facilitate coupon handling:"

Doesn't matter what it is called ... it is not what they consider their official coupon policy!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Just received a call from the District Manager who assured me that this was going to the top of the Agenda for MB's weekly meeting this week. He promised that ALL managers (store, assistant, floor, CSM) would be getting trained on this immediately .... in his words ... we have failed terribly on this if this is the experience you had. Amen

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikefree View Post
    It clearly states in the opening sentence of this "letter" : "the following represents guidelines shared with our stores to facilitate coupon handling:"

Doesn't matter what it is called ... it is not what they consider their official c..oupon policy!
    n/a
    Last edited by glenglen; Wed, May 4th, 2011 at 01:35 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

[QUOTE=glenglen;3358580]I didn't say that it didn't say that i said our walmart/s have the coupon
    policy posted at each till and they all say coupon policy on them so I Will go by what is posted on the coupon policy at our walmart,I wasn't being rude so please don't jump all over what I said it was just a comment!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

I am not trying to be rude or start any arguements by saying this. But the last thread started by the OP. I had made a comment on and got jumped all over as well. I'm sorry but the point of this is for everyone to express opinions in a nice way. When a thread is posted. People expect that you can post your opinion. No matter whether you agree with the OP or not. There is no reason to jump all over people just because they are putting there opinions on here. If you don't want peoples opinions than you should start threads. There is no reason to jump all over people just because there opinions are not yours!!Like I said I am not trying to start anything. Is is just annoying to see someone jumping all over people every time there opinion differs. We can all have different opinions and experiences and that's ok

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information