User Tag List

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Here is a link to some US coupons.... http://www.bettycrocker.com/coupons-...t.ac=flexspace
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Does anyone know where they have double coupon days in the states.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thank you really helps!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Don't you have to pay a tariff if you bring stuff back up from the states? Or is it different because you technically only pay nothing to a small amount...? Very curious! Anyone know/done this?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

I think you are charged tax on the total of your reciept. I could be wrong though.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Been crossing the border for over 10 years and never paid taxes on anything that i brought back as freebies. I always declare the freebies and keep them in the original enveloppes or boxes when i show them at customs.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i go across the boarder once a week to full up my truck for gas and grab some groceries and never had to pay duty once... some groceries are well work it, milk 2.99 a gallon, cereal real cheap, cheese including cream cheese... so many other items so much cheaper there, and if you use coupons even more reason to go!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MissFranco View Post
    Don't you have to pay a tariff if you bring stuff back up from the states? Or is it different because you technically only pay nothing to a small amount...? Very curious! Anyone know/done this?
    Everyone who goes into the States gets an exemptions for most goods depending on how long they are in the US. after 24 hours you have $50 exemption. After 48 hours you get $400 and after 7 days you get $750 each. There are other limits on things like cheese, and eggs and sometimes there are restrictions on meat and some types of produce (check before you go). For the most part they aren't overly concerned about small purchases and when they ask you the value of the good that spent I am not sure if the want the before coupon value or what you paid. Guessing it's the before coupon value. Been doing this for years and never paid a penny. Just stay in your limit.
    Last edited by crazymom0617; Wed, May 4th, 2011 at 11:36 PM.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ColleenMGorecki View Post
    Does anyone know where they have double coupon days in the states.
    It depends where you are going. Some places have very few stores that do that and some cities have several. You have to research the places you are going.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I have been this too! I looked at the immigration website and it's a lot of jargon and difficult to interpret. It would be great to hear about people's experiences!

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

coupons.com also has hundreds and I mean hundreds of US printables

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

My husband is American and when we were dating and engaged I would cross the border every weekend to go visit him (I lived in the GTA and he was in Buffalo).

I never had an issue coming back into Canada. At the beginning I was paranoid and would have detailed receipts showing every penny I spent, but then as time went on I realized how much many of them just don't care.

I will never forget the time I brought across our 46" LCD TV...ah yes...I was scared that trip...LOL! But they just sent me across, did not even ask how much I spent just if I had any tobacco or alcohol.

My main recommendation is don't lie, but don't offer any info either. If you spent 75 and were only gone for the 24 hours, they honestly will not care (as long as it is not booze or tobacco).

They don't want a detailed list either, generic is fine. If you bought clothes and a few munchies, say just that. They don't need to know it was one pair of pants, 4 socks, and some Cheeze Its, hehe.

Most of all, stay calm, while some of them are ogres and real jerks, the majority of them are not and just doing their job.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Dayanara - Earn free stuff just for searching the web!

http://www.wagjag.com/?wid=66bba0e75...fbd07b4aef23ad - WagJag it up! Great deals at a fraction of the cost.

Thread Information