User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I never have enough copies for this to be worth my while, but if it ever comes to it, I would probably do it.
    I loved the article about gang cutting and some of the history, not to mention the reactions of readers.
    If sale of coupons is not allowed, then can we 'trade' coupons for Gift Cards or is that considered a sale?
    selmada.blogspot.com

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I personally haven't stopped cuttting them this way since first reading the article. The reason is because in the instance the article was referring to, the store was gang cutting and submitting mass quantities of coupons illeagally. What then would be the difference if the store were to take down a tear pad from one of their aisles, disassemble it, then submit them ? No cutting, same premise and results.
    Sorry to have hijacked the thread BCL, I didn't mean to, I just thought given the title the article would be an interesting read.
    I think we should be able to cut them however we want. If the store does their books properly, every coupon should be accounted for. If I am following the legal jargon of the coupon, I should not held accountable for their responsibilty to cross their t's and dot their i's during the redemption process.
    Do a good deed...give a Coupon
    to a stranger !

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nifty cutting tool you have there

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

The "best-practices" approach to help ensure that your store will receive redemption for the coupons you're submitting is to simply cut the coupons you use, individually, with scissors.
    oh no.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KathieL View Post
    I read an article, that I don't neccessarily agree with, about this. Apparantly it is called "gang cutting" and for some strange and inane reason, it is illegal...

http://www.jillcataldo.com/gang_cut_coupons

Whether anyone agrees with the validity of manufacturers concerns or not, it's an interesting read.

Interesting article. I think that is mostly in the US. Many stores here don't take more than 4 like coupons per transaction, so it isn't like in the States where you hand over 50 like coupons that have all been "gang cut". I don't even think there is a well known place that you can buy coupons in Canada. I am guessing that cutting ten coupons the same is probably not a big deal. I think that they are looking for larger quantities than that. Anyway as far as I understand it isn't illegal here in Canada so I wouldn't worry about gang cutting coupons.

addicted to coupons
    Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Great idea for cutting your coupons. I have yet to find more than a few flyers (they dont deliver them to any of my family members here), but if I start to get more I'm totally getting a paper cutter like yours.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i suggest to check at the dollar store...

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KathieL View Post
    I read an article, that I don't neccessarily agree with, about this. Apparantly it is called "gang cutting" and for some strange and inane reason, it is illegal...

http://www.jillcataldo.com/gang_cut_coupons

Whether anyone agrees with the validity of manufacturers concerns or not, it's an interesting read.
    Interesting!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    i suggest to check at the dollar store...
    I concur. I bought one today for 1.25 at Dollarama.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I NEVER would have thought of that if i'd not read the article. whoa!.. who knew... i personally think that little gadget would be great just for ppl with arthritis etc. who find holding scissors painful.. never would have thought of that . im in shock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information