User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: H&M - Really bad experience today

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is a fairly common company standard to ask for ID if there is no receipt to return an item. (As already mentioned by others) it is to avoid fraudulent transactions.
    They did not need to be so rude to you. But it is just after the Christmas rush, I'm sure they're just tired.
    I once returned $200 worth of items to Zellers and I couldn't find the receipt anywhere, so they put it on a gift card for me. Not long after when I went to use my gift card it wouldn't work! They cancelled my card because they were unsure if this was a fraudulent transaction. Luckily, when I called their "detective hotline", I was able to give them the creditcard # I purchased the items on, and after being able to see that I had actually purchased those items they reinstated my giftcard.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Super Super old thread...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know this post is quite old, however i used to work for the company and could offer you some answers. Quite often we would have someone in our store make a purchase, large or small, and accidentally leave the bag somewhere in the mall, bathroom, parking lot... and someone else would pick it up and try returning the items to our store without the receipt (unless paid with cash, store MUST return money onto the exact same card otherwise it is considered credit card freud) in the hopes to get cash back for the purchased items, and you lose not only your purchase but the money spent on it as well. The point of asking for a photo ID is to limit this from happening. It is unfortunate that theft is such a big problem. That being said, The staff shouldn't have been so rude, also they could have called a manager to deal with the issue and it would have been resolved that day. There are much easier ways to get a point across and keep the customer happy....
    pippinelkhound likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just had a really bad experience with H & M today, so I can relate! I know your frustration. I just experienced the same "smirking" rudeness in the Victoria store at Uptown. I am so insulted, I have gone out of my way to post this, call head office, and send an email to head office. Last night, my daughter and her friend were lied to by one of the managers. They were told that they could not sell the size off the mannequin at 8:00 pm that evening. They were treated rudely, and were seriously insulted by the person they spoke with. I thought, that's not right on the rudeness scale, but I understand that there are policies around the removal of clothes off the mannequin. However, they were told that they could come and get it the next day, as the mannequins were being changed then. They were heading out of town for a few days, and could not get in the next day, so they asked me to go this morning and pick up the item. I agreed, and went this morning. I was confronted by the same rudeness and smirking attitude. I was told that the mannequins were not being changed today, but that I can leave my phone number and be called when they the item comes down. I explained the situation, and told them that I had made a 20 minute drive to come and get this item, because my daughter and her friend were assured by the manager that we could purchase it today. Apparently, I was speaking with another manager who knew nothing about last night, and would not budge in the least. In fact, she was uncaring, stone-faced, and disrespectfully smirky. It is strange, but she seemed almost happy that she was denying me the purchase of this item. This is my second experience with H & M. The first was in Abbotsford last week, and my daughter and I had a wonderful time, and everyone was so friendly, we purchased over 14 items. I am shocked at the difference in the stores. I noticed in the Victoria store, the sales clerks do not greet anyone and actually avoid customer contact. In a world where the key to success in retailing is customer service, (and not to mention the selling of the items in the store), this just seems so out of place. It will be a long time before I set my foot in another H & M. The whole experience has me that turned off.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information