User Tag List

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

On the news they say Slave Lake people need toiletries as one of the top three items. I know us couponers gi after that stuff the most. I would like to propose spending the next week or two maybe using our abilities and coupons to help out?!?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    127 (100%)

You took the words right out of my mouth. lets put our heads together and use our coupon experience and get those people whatever they need for little or nothing. it's your chance to shine!

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

good idea, perhaps we should work through an organization that is already helping them to ship/bring the items to them.

I have a few products for men that they can have.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Maybe we can ask on the general forum for help too?

EdmontonSaver EdmontonChristine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Well I have lots of extras since the shelter didnt need everything at once and I will have enough time to stock up before they start requesting for more I imagine, just let me know how I can help

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonChristine View Post
    Well I have lots of extras since the shelter didnt need everything at once and I will have enough time to stock up before they start requesting for more I imagine, just let me know how I can help
    You're a doll. Let me know when/where I can pick them up!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

I am donating right from my stash today, there will be adonation centre in the Walmart Parking lot in Spruce Grove as well as at 10255 104 Street, Edmonton.

They are looking for unoped toiletries, clean bedding, and towels.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsjen View Post
    Maybe we can ask on the general forum for help too?
    Yes, add it to the thread running in the Tea Room.

Once someone decides they will collect coupons for this cause, please PM me with info and your address, as I can send you good ones ASAP!

EdmontonSaver EdmontonChristine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Heres some info that might be helpful:

If you’re reading this on Monday, 16 May, Edmonton Emergency Relief is accepting donations to help those affected at 10255 104 St. Unopened toiletries / clean bedding and towels (thanks, Scott Bourgeois @scottybomb)

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I had my head in the sand during the weekend and didn't know of the devastation going on in Slave Lake.

My friend moved away from Slave Lake last year leaving behind many friends and her House to renters. She doesn't know for sure, but assumes her house is destroyed. I've asked her to keep me posted of any items that her friends in Slave Lake will need, since most have probably lost their homes.

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Thank your for the information on the downtown donation center... I will take some toiletries over as soon as I can!

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I got this from the 630Ched website:

Emergency relief from Edmonton

With an influx of Slave Lake evacuees arriving in Edmonton, Edmonton Emergency Relief is jumping into action to help.

The group's Heather McCallum says they need basic supplies.

"We are going to need clean bedding, of course," says McCallum. "We are going to need towels, and unopened toiletries."

You can take donations to their downtown warehouse at 10255 104th Street. They'll start accepting donations any time after 10:00am. You can also call to volunteer: 780-428-4422

If you can't make it downtown, there are a few other drop off sites for donations in our city. On the southside there are two spots, one is J'Adore Dance Studio 5708-111 Street. It's going untill 9 tonight. The other is PHAT Training, 8632-53 Avenue.

If you live outside of Edmonton, there are also some donation centers popping up in surrounding communities.

- In Millet, there is a drop off at 4812 50th Street - it will be open 1PM to 9PM.
    - In Sherwood Park, you can drop off items at Key-Lime Athletic Wear, that's 975 Broadmoor Blvd.
    Just so everyone here knows, you don't have to go downtown to donate toiletries, there are donation places located in other places.

I plan on dropping off a couple boxes when I go out tonight, and I would encourage others who have extra razors, toothpaste etc. on hand to donate also. This is a great opportunity to use our couponing skills to benefit others in need.

EASY PAYPAL $$ - GetCashForSurveys - receive $50 free when you take your first paid survey! Brand new site--now open to Canadian residents, reserve your spot before it's full--get paid for your opinion!

My Wish List in under 'About Me' on my profile page

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I was thinking the exact same this this morning when I was watching the news. I think we can all give them a good chunk if we put our heads together. Give couponers a good name!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Way to go!!

Thread Information