User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Say no to Cyber Bullying
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Expired on: Sat, Dec 31st, 2011
    Looks like no more overages at Superstore anymore?? Today I had a problem first time ever at our Superstore. No more overages they said. I told them the manager did it all the time. This particular manager said they were notified by head office. She avoided my questions. It was odd. Disinterest or not really listening, I wasn't sure. But I can't figure out if they were notified of a different coupon matter encountered on that same shopping trip or if it was the fact that permanantly there will be no more overages allowed. Another lady in town had the same issue a few days ago. I am thinking this is new?! So disappointing. Jury is still out in my mind on this one, but I am thinking it doesn't look so good for us couponers.
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It is sad to see, and I think we will soon see overages stopped everywhere. When you read of people getting 40+ ziploc bags and trial size items, so they can get other merchandise free, you wonder how long it is going to last. I am sure the companies spend time reading sites like this and see what is happening. I am fairly new to coupons and we are already seeing them with restrictions printed on them. I enjoy saving and waiting for a sale to use my coupons and hope to continue to do so for a long time.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

well i used one of each diff type of coupon and it was all good but i didn try to read a printed notice at walmart about coupons i think it said like so many printed along with the real coupons etc soethng along that line tho, and then when i went to buy low foods up the road from me i used only one coupon for ziplocks and cashier almost didnt take it cuz she said there is alot of fraud out there so we only paid reg price for one then .79 for other not buy tho but i notice u cna use one of each type of coupon but no more than 2 of each... hmmm

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

What do you mean by overages?

Say no to Cyber Bullying
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

SydneyV, overages are for eg. If your coupon is for $5.oo off, and your item s only $1.00. Then $4.00 will go towards the rest of your transaction. Walmart does this too. But now, it looks as though RCSS is stopping. Not 100% sure yet, I am not convinced entirely she knew what she was talking about because she didn't even know you could combine a manufactor coupon with a coupon zone coupon. So we will see I guess.

Lost in the Coupon Pile freefreed's Avatar
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Peoples greed ruins it for others... sounds like someone, or many have gotten greedy with overages at the loblaws chain....

***shakes head***
    Please vote for our summer traditions on Facebook

http://fbk.summertraditions.projects.fm/entry/4392085

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

RCSS that I go to has never given the overages. If it is 1 cent they would adjust the coupon, but other than that they do not accept the coupon.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

2 weeks ago I had split my groceries into 3 transactions (so that I could use <$10 in coupons for each = no need for override) at RCSS & in one transaction she didn't adjust the coupon so I got a bit of an overage but in a different transaction she didn't give me the overage.

I was a bit disappointed as that second transaction was the first time I would of really had any overage worth using toward something else!

I don't get what the big deal is with overages - the store is going to get the full value of that coupon when it is submitted so why shouldn't the customer get the full value as well! The stores that adjust the coupons are actually making extra $$ off us using coupons that are higher than the value.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I love couponing but it seems it's getting harder and harder to find a really good deal or get stuff for free. I don't think it's that big of deal for companies to pay small overages since they get money back when they mail in the coupon back. Their getting the money back wether they give it to us in overages or not. I do not agree with people taking advantage of that fact and using their coupons on trial sizes and so on getting outrages overages and getting their whole transaction for free. This is why I've been having problems using $1 off coupons on $0.99 products it's only 1c but it's becoming a hassel. This is why coupons are coming out with so many restrictions and stores are changing thier policies. I wish people who are taking advantage of these policies would think about how their ruining it for themselves and others. It's one thing to get products for free it's another thing to have the company pay you to shop. The company is there to make money not pay us.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GottaLoveFreeebies View Post
    RCSS that I go to has never given the overages. If it is 1 cent they would adjust the coupon, but other than that they do not accept the coupon.
    Same here.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

The one I go to has never done that.... the always adjust my coupons

Trading Score
    2 (67%)

i agree people are taking advantage- i can see buying 2 sample sizes getting a little overage and a smile- but cmon 30 or more? thats alot of coupons- sounds like hoarding
    Thank u all for your good working finding and sharing couponas anf reebies- Have a $3 similac cheque to trade for FPC- I have a 1 year old- but am willing to negotiate!

Also have many other coupons id love to trade for another good coupon

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by baybey_doll View Post
    i agree people are taking advantage- i can see buying 2 sample sizes getting a little overage and a smile- but cmon 30 or more? thats alot of coupons- sounds like hoarding
    well... I agree people try to earn money with trial size... but in another point of view, economy is weak, now many times happens the product itself sell lower price than coupon when they are on flyer special or pink sticker 50% off (Ziploc, Dove, Old Spice) this is not in our control. I am sure most of us are taking the benefit for on sale with rather than only try to use overage the coupons. The overage only a bonus on us

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by freefreed View Post
    Peoples greed ruins it for others... sounds like someone, or many have gotten greedy with overages at the loblaws chain....

***shakes head***

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I phoned Loblaws corperate and checked on overages a couple months ago (because i want to follow their rules and still get a decent bang for my buck) and it is stated in their policy that they are not to exceed the value of the product... that the price is to be adjusted... we can still get it for free but no overages... but you can still use all your free coupons to purchase things up to the 250 mark when they offer the 25 gift cert and get that... hard to do but possible. We can get some things for close to free... but we still do have to pay for some groceries. If i can get my grocery bill down... i am a happy camper. I am working on a $50 reduction per month for the first month and $25 per month after that... the total will not go down to zero... but my goal is $100 a month and still helping family with freebies. In my books when it comes to loblaws/ RCSS/ nofrils ect we already get fantastic deals because we can use the coupon zone and a manufacture coupon as well... never mind the price match on the items that we don't have a coupon zone coupon for. Keep in mind this store is pretty good to us... the more we follow the rules the easier it is to help teach the staff what the rules are ... and the nicer we are... the more couponers will be seen in a good light.
    Last edited by cheekysaver; Tue, May 10th, 2011 at 10:52 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information