User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rcss

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wanted to start a thread about RCSS because, in my experience, there are a few benefits that I wanted to share to see what others thought and to get feedback.

* lowest prices in town
    * They Price Match - every week they automatically pricematch SOF and Safeway and put the flyers pinned up on the wall in the front of the store
    * They will also pricematch other [national] stores if you bring in the flyer
    * They WILL stack coupons including both their instore coupons and manufacturers coupons, as long as they have different codes (though, I was reading that the instore coupons can't be used with any other coupons now??)

The lowest prices alone brings me to their store. I get bitter sometimes when I see the jacked up prices in Safeway....especially when an 'on sale' item is the regular price at RCSS! Buggers.

At any rate, this has been my experience at our RCSS. Thoughts? Comments?
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Safeway, Save on Foods

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Instore coupons can be used with manufacturer coupons, just one of each though.

Literally the only things that make me go to RCSS are pink stickers and store coupons combined with manufacturer coupons.

I don't really PM much at rcss, I usually just go hunting for pink stickers. Cheap bread and yogurt is awesome.

Trading Score
    5 (78%)

Im a walmart fanatic!! and like you chantel I go there hunting for pink stickers!! that and extra foods in my lil town!!!

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Instore coupons can be used with manufacturer coupons, just one of each though.

Literally the only things that make me go to RCSS are pink stickers and store coupons combined with manufacturer coupons.

I don't really PM much at rcss, I usually just go hunting for pink stickers. Cheap bread and yogurt is awesome.
    Me too...well and this time of the year I go for the plant selection too...I won't buy my meat at RCSS and I am very selective of the produce I buy...I also find sometimes you really have to watch prices...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Definitely love the pink stickers, too! I miss the days of early morning RCSS runs for 50% off meat -- now they put it out intermittently during the day and it's only 30% off.

I think SOF has nicer fruits and veggies....but, I'm not overly picky. We were a house of 7 (3 teen boys included!) and right now we are down to 5.....so, cheap is good...lol.

I have stacked more than 1 mfct coupon there with no problem, as long as they have different #s they took them. This is also what one of the storefront managers told me??

At any rate, they seem to be the cheapest.

So, what store do you do most of your shopping and why? Inquiring minds and all that jazz....haha.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Does it drive you guys nuts that RCSS's prices change so drastically every week? Like one week, juice is 2.49 on sale, then the next week it's not on sale and it's $3, then another week it's 3.95?

Drives me crazy, I can never anticipate my costs unless I'm buying out of the flyer.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have noticed an increase in prices throughout town. Unfortunately, it doesn't help with transportation costs to get these products to the stores. I have listened to the news and read the newspapers regarding how everything is going up in price...it plain ole' SUCKS!! The more reason to use coupons

I'm nervous about using coupons at RCSS and Walmart. Read too many terrible stories. Has anyone had any problems at RCSS or Walmart lately?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have at RCSS they keep changing the rules on me. Everytime I go in there. I have a letter into the head office right now. I got a partial response but not the answer to my question so I wrote back and I will continue to up it until i get an answer. First they said I couldn't stack, and now they are saying I can stack but can only use one instore coupon per transaction (it does say it on the coupon) It also says on the coupon that it is not to be used with any other offers which it is used with other coupons. Next they willl tell me I can't price match.
    Walmart has been great, no refusal there yet.
    krazy

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The Kamloops RCSS and WM are generally very good with coupons. Every once in a while you'll get a cashier who is a total dope and has no idea what to do, but 98% of the time they're great.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ty SC'ers

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree. I have never had a problem at RCSS or Walmart.....they are the stores I frequent the most. SDM was good, too. I have several stacks for LD that I have been waiting to use but haven't gotten there yet....I'm a little nervous!
    A few months in -- learning so much from SC!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well, my friend and I tried to PM and use coupons at WM last night and were denied. The front end supervisor told us becuz the store we are PM'ing cannot guarantee if they have the product or not and are not allowing rain checks, we cannot PM that item and use the coupons. Is this right?????? I phoned this morning and spoke to two different people...the front end supervisor I spoke to told me that was considered stacking and it's not allowed in Canada, only in the USA. I almost snapped!!! I felt like saying to him "No, why don't you give LD a call. They will tell u what stacking really is!!!" Geesh......

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I think you and your friend are causing problems...bahahahahhaha

xoxox

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

bahahahha

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Of course YOU would respond to what I had to say!!!! LOL!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information