User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that LD is really starting to crack down on their policy and enforcing it strictly. The LD in south Surrey is only allowing a price match of one item (unless authorized by a manager and/or it will be compared to the last sale price). For example, Huggies pull ups were on sale via Shoppers Drug mart for 9.99 and because this item has never been on sale at LD they only price matched one of the packages (I only had two).

I know that this has been reiterated many times but there are a lot of couponers out there that are ruining this all for the others. Please only buy what you need and don't clear the shelves or argue with the stores. Remember this is their policy (right or wrong) and they can and will refuse you at the till. I was told directly from a customer service agent that LD is enforcing their rules because of greedy and rude people. Too sad.

Please be nice !
    This thread is currently associated with: Huggies, London Drugs, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Via Rail

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

totally agree with you!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

It certainly doesn't help matters when there are "classes" on couponing that tells their students to take the whole stack of coupons and clear shelves *sigh* This is what I have heard lately, what's worse is I have seen it..... High value coupons, specifically at safeway in my area, is cleared out typically the same day or the day after the new coupons are put out..... it's sad, and it's not right, and it's ruining it for the rest of the couponing community.
    "I can't brain today, I have the dumb"

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I have taken a coupon class, and by no means did the class teach to clear shelves, I understand there quite possibly are classes out there that do, but as far as the class I took goes, proper couponing etiquette was taught.
    I was always under the impression that LD did not price match diapers, Ive read plenty of blogs on here before, although it never hurts to ask, being respectful of the cashiers+store managers decision is a must, I just dont bother trying to price match diapers.
    Last edited by ProudMomma25; Thu, May 12th, 2011 at 02:03 AM.
    ~Newbie & Excited to start saving~

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I know what you mean. I know our LD in Winnipeg has really cracked down on it as well. I went there the other day and found out you can only purchase 2 of something with stacked coupons. Needless to say, I only bought 4 toilet ducks because I was with my partner at the time so she let us have 2 each. I have a feeling that they might say no to stacking coupons all together eventually. It saddens me.
    Open for all coupon trades!
    Join Swagbucks for free money!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I don'tthink LD will stop stacking as long as the coupons are stackable. As for the PM'ing.... really if you think about it allowing one at the competitors price and then pricing down to whatever their sale price is is actually fair. From their point of view you may be coming in with a flyer and want to PM the "loss leader" from another store and are really not buying anything else. That loss leader is used as a draw to get you into that competitors store in hopes that you will be purchasing more. Generally they are not making any money and sometimes could actually be losing but it is a gamble to try and get more people into the store. If we take all the flyers and ask LD to PM multiples of loss leaders from other stores they are going to be losing alot of money. By allowing us to PM one and then use their lowest sale price we get a good deal still but they are not going to be out alot of money. Win win for both sides really.

But yes you are right that there are couponers out there that are pushing limits, making demands and just getting greedy and it is ruining it for couponers in general. People get greedy and clear shelves, coupons out of stores and it's like a snowball out of control. There are alot less coupons in the stores around here too (Nexxus pads are pretty much empty....overage at WM). Same with travel sized products you can use coupons on at WM. Maybe out of line but hopefully those ones realize what they are doing and play nice or eventually get bored with couponing and move onto a new thrill.
    Last edited by tdjca; Thu, May 12th, 2011 at 04:29 AM. Reason: spelling errors....it's late, I'm tired lol forgive any i've missed

Thread Information