User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hey everyone,
    I was baking a cake for a kids birthday party tonight, and of course I was thinking about couponing as i was doing it, and something clicked. If anyone (in Winnipeg) needs a cake for their kids bdays, parties, anniversaries, retirements, well...pretty much just if you want to eat cake , no excuse necessary... I would like to trade some coupons in exchange for me making your cake! I have lots of pics up on facebook, so if you're interested, pm me and i can add you so you can check them out. I'll try posting a link here, but it may not work if you're not on my friend list - i forget what settings I had it set to...
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9467.516111939

Hope to get in touch with some of you soon!

**update: Hey guys, i dont check this thread all the time, so please PM me if you want something, cuz I'd hate to miss a post on here!***New update: Hey everyone! Thanks for all the trades so far! It's been really great! Things have evolved since I first posted this thread. I have many more coupons than when I started out, and now it's getting harder to trade cake for coupons... I don't mind trading with you all, but the problem arises when I get too many of the same coupons... Some people have seemed to be upset with me when I don't want to accept their coupon offerings. The thing is, I do have to spend money to make these cakes, so if you're giving me $20 worth of coupons for a cake that I spent $10 on, that means that I make exactly $10 profit IF I USE EACH AND EVERY COUPON!... Well that's not always possible when I'm getting 10 offers of the same coupon, you know what I mean? I really want to continue to trade with you all, and most of my trades have been really smooth! But every now and then someone doesn't understand the basics of the trade.... If I were to sell someone this cake for cash, I'd have my money in hand ready to buy more ingredients for next time, no worries...but if I "sell" the cake for a coupon, there's a lot more strings attached. I need to make a conscious effort to use that coupon before it expires. And, 99% of the time, I have to put up some cash of my own cuz the coupon isnt going to get me a free item... so what i want to emphasize is this : If you offer to trade with me, and I say "No, I don't need that coupon, Thanks!" Please don't be upset with me. I need to make sure that I'm covering my bottom line as well. And I know in every trade it's a challenge to make sure that both parties are happy, but I think since I've added the CAKE itself to the trade table, I've made things more complicated. I do want to leave this thread up for future reference, because I do feel that some good trades can still be arranged... I just wanted to make sure that I was clear with everyone in advance that I'm not going to trade for something I can't use... It just doesnt make sense.

I hope that didnt come out too harshly, cuz you know how it is with writing things... you can't hear the tone... I dont mean to be mean, i just want to make fair trades!

Thanks to everyone that checks out this thread! I really appreciate the "business" I've recieved so far. I've met some great people and made some great deals. Let's keep it up!
    This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty
    Last edited by croman7; Wed, Sep 14th, 2011 at 04:49 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

what a cool idea
    Breyden's, Lizzie's, Alexa's & Danica's Grama
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/[email protected]

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That's a fabulous idea! Your cakes are beautiful!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Aw, wish you could ship to Saskatoon! Bartering is an awesome idea!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

omg love your cake pics I will totaly trade you please let me know the details via p'm !!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Aw, wish you could ship to Saskatoon! Bartering is an awesome idea!

haha. i probably could, but the taste might not be as good, and the cost of shipping might eliminate the savings... :p sorry!

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

WONDERFUL CAKES! My daughter's bday is on June 3 (so is her Dad's) I would trade coupons or something from My compnay what a woman wants!

Gaylene
    http://www.facebook.com/gkbringswhatawomanwants

Like us and be entered to win a Custom Personalized bracelet!

Trading Score
    249 (100%)

such a great idea!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

please p'm me an I will give you my number so we can talk
    Last edited by Jezebel; Mon, May 23rd, 2011 at 03:15 PM. Reason: grammer;)

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

**Update: I've traded 2 cakes for coupons so far, and have 2 pending... Can't wait to do more trades! I came up with a new goal... I need to finish some yardwork this summer (we dont have grass yet and the dogs would love a fence) so I'm trying to sell 75 cakes! I think it might be crazy, but I'm gonna try! If i trade them for coupons then hopefully i'll be able to put away the equivalent of the coupons in cash towards my "fence savings envelope"... Please check out my pictures, and tell all your friends too! I'd love to be able to reach my goal!
    Thanks guys!!
    Last edited by croman7; Wed, Jun 15th, 2011 at 01:59 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Your cakes are gorgeous -way to go! I love doing cookies and looked at selling them, but was unable to find a certified kitchen to use to make them...how did you go about finding a place to rent/use? Any tips would be great!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I ordered a camoflauge/hunting theme cake for my roomies b-day and a Vancouver Canucks theme cake for my bro's b-day
    Last edited by Jezebel; Wed, Jun 15th, 2011 at 08:01 AM. Reason: spelling LOL

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    -1 (50%)

Prices?

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzy204 View Post
    Prices?
    it appears to vary by size and complicity..as both mine are different prices same with garbagepickers....but not a price you could ever get from a bakery....

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hey everyone,
    Prices do vary depending on the cake... For example, if you're looking at my facebook pics, the Mickey Mouse cake was $30... the two tier zebra print one was $50, and fed about 50 people... It really depends... if you order black forest and i need to buy special ingredients (like cherries) or a cream cheese frosting, or extra complex things, then it goes up a bit. I've never had a cake over $50 so far, the zebra print was the biggest and most expensive. Hope that helps a little.
    As for the certified kitchen comment... I dont... I just bake at home. It's not really a business per se, but if I barter for coupons then it's not really a sale. I think i'm good though, cuz I dont make much money off of it, so I think it's legit. I think i've only done 50 cakes in almost 3 years... not like i'm making big bucks off of it! :p Just hoping to supplement some income and coupons work for me!
    Last edited by croman7; Wed, Jun 15th, 2011 at 02:00 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information