User Tag List

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I am SO excited to tell my (local) SC friends about my new blog!

Coupons-Canada.net

A little history: I had an idea about 4 months ago, but then the idea got a spark, and then well, the spark started a fire, and now a full out wild fire is the result! Now I'm happy to say I'm all fired up about coupon blogging!

Anyways, I have other websites and blogs (not coupon related, quite different actually) but this one is the first one I really have a PASSION about--it's weird, because I really didn't think I would enjoy it this much!

So my dream for Coupons Canada is for it to become a useful tool and place for information for passionate Canadian couponers like me, and I really hope that I can bring tools and advice and eduction to others who want to learn about saving money with coupons.

I don't intend for it to be a full-blown coupon-only site, and I hope it won't be viewed as a 'competitor' coupon site of SC...that's not what I am trying to do--I only want to add to the education and information that SC provides it's members.

Some of my goals that I will strive to bring to Coupons Canada in the near future include:

- coupon giveaways & freebies (like next week--I'm going to be giving away a bunch of inserts!)

- a download center for files to be all combined in one place--like shopping lists, excel spreadsheets, pdf copies of store coupon policies etc.

- daily RSS feed (that you can view on your smartphone/iphone when you're out shopping) for current coupon deals at all the major retailers. Wouldn't it be nice to know if you are going to buy pickles on sale at WM if they are on sale over at Superstore for a dollar less? I can never remember that big long list Anne nicely does up for us here every week, and I have the hardest time printing it out! Plus, I don't always need to see all the deals across Canada when only a few stores are applicable to me here in Alberta, so hopefully I can bring some sort of organization to that information that makes it easier to download/print??
    Also, by having the current coupons/flyer match ups along with you when you're shopping you could have that info with you! I think I've got a software solution, and so I will announce that on my blog as soon as it's ready to roll out.

- a learning center for newbie questions, maybe in an ebook format that could be downloaded--aimed at helping new couponers learn the ropes without coming here and seeing all the threads/posts etc. and not knowing where to start and getting overwhelmed...maybe a step-by-step guide of how to start out and what forums to read first etc.& lots of links back to SC for sure. I'm not planning on taking people away from SC, but merely add to their experience here. I know when I'm out shopping and someone asks me how they can get started couponing I don't really have a place to direct them to--if I say SC they would come here and just see a big huge forum and not know what to start with. It would be great if there was some information that was specific for Canada stores and gave some direction as to where to start reading etc. I think that would really help.

- videos related to coupon organizing, videos and stories from the media about coupon related news (like the story on CTV Edmonton I posted on Wednesday, you can watch it here, no google search required).

- overall I just want to create a clean, user-friendly, helpful, professional blog that will enhance our Canadian coupon community!

(and I have lots of other ideas too...but if you have suggestions I'd love to hear those too! I would love to hear from some local SC'ers your ideas of what you would like to see more of!)

Anyways, without anymore babbling on, there is a link in my signature to my new site, please come check it out, and leave a reply here if you like it or find a problem on the site, or make a comment on one of the posts over on the blog if you have a moment, I'd love to get your feedback!

Thank you for letting me share my new passion with you all!

Ranae
    Coupons-Canada.net
    http://www.coupons-canada.net
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

EASY PAYPAL $$ - GetCashForSurveys - receive $50 free when you take your first paid survey! Brand new site--now open to Canadian residents, reserve your spot before it's full--get paid for your opinion!

My Wish List in under 'About Me' on my profile page

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I've bookmarked your site, to add to my daily site visits. Looking forwards to seeing your posts and good luck!
    Wanna make some spare cash? Check out Clixsense: http://www.clixsense.com/?5382267

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Wow, that sounds awesome! I'm deff bookmarking too
    Good Luck!
    moefox

Cia
    Female
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Great site, thanks so much!!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Good for you - follow your passion! Love the logo and tagline.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Well done! It is a well thought out and clear to follow site. Good luck - i will be visiting it often.

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Way to go Ranae! I'm looking forward to reading!
    I'm no longer couponing and my dogs have passed away. I can't figure out how to delete my profile. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Frugal love
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Link isn't working for me. Sounds like a great blog, though. Take care.

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

It's www. coupons- canada .net without any spaces I believe.
    I'm no longer couponing and my dogs have passed away. I can't figure out how to delete my profile. Sorry for the inconvenience.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I really like idea for the deal feed that you can view from your phone! I look forward to checking your site out!

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I will definitely be checking it out!!!!

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

subscribed!
    Search/Click and win free gift cards! I could really use a friend!!
    Search and Win on swagbucks.com
    Join Superpoints, it's back!

Thread Information