User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Julie Andrews
    http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_16352.aspx

Amber Alert Issued After Woman Takes Newborn From Hospital

Thursday November 1, 2007
    CityNews.ca Staff
    It happened a long way from Toronto, but police up north are desperate for your help about a missing baby who could be in extreme danger. Authorities in Sudbury have issued a province-wide Amber Alert after an unidentified woman walked into a hospital, picked up a newborn baby girl and apparently walked the infant right out of the building.
    Cops have no clue who she is or where she was taking the child, but they do know she's not a relative and no one at the health facility knows her.
    The suspect was caught on security camera (top left) and appears to have come well prepared. She's dressed in a white hospital-style uniform and likely would not have looked out of place.
    "We don't believe she's an employee there," confirms Sudbury police Const. Bert Lapalme. "The uniform was pretty much to go along with the plan, we suspect."
    She's described as:
    • Aboriginal,
    • 5'6",
    • Slim,
    • 26-30,
    • Black ponytail.
    The baby is white, has dark hair and bruising on its face. She was clad in a white flannel hospital gown and was wrapped in a white blanket.
    The hospital, St. Joseph's, was locked down for two hours as the search continued. Only those showing I.D. were allowed to leave the premises. Cops in the city were also boarding local transit to see if they colud find the suspect. It doesn't appear she came by car.
    The crime may be distant but the urgency isn't. Amber Alerts are broadcast across the entire province, including on all media outlets and all highway road signs, to alert everyone that a child is missing. And time is always of the essence. The longer a child is gone, the more danger it's in and the less likely it will be recovered safely.
    There's no word yet on how the woman gained access to the hospital ward or the infant. If you see her, call 911 immediately.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Prue
    Wow that's scary!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

omg
    i can't imagine!!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

This baby will be found. I am an optimistic person.
    Not only the police and boarders watch for this person, the Amateur Radio Operators (Ham's) have been continuously broadcasting the Amber Alert.(this is a worldwide network).

Julie Andrews
    Abducted newborn returned to mother, woman arrested, police say
    By The Canadian Press

SUDBURY, Ont. - The baby snatched from a Sudbury hospital was returned to her mother late Thursday, ending a day-long Amber Alert that had authorities across the province looking for the child.

The baby was healthy and the woman accused of kidnapping the day-old child was arrested in nearby Kirkland Lake.

Police issued an Amber Alert for the newborn shortly after she was reported missing from the St. Joseph's Health Centre site of Sudbury Regional Hospital at about 1 p.m.

An Amber Alert is issued when police believe a child has been abducted and may be in danger.

Sudbury police held a news conference Thursday afternoon and expressed concern about the woman's psychological state.

Police also released an image from a hospital surveillance camera showing the unidentified woman carrying what appears to be a swaddled infant.

The suspect was apparently wearing white hospital scrubs, and police say that points to a premeditated decision.

Police described the woman as aboriginal, five-foot-six, slim and between 26 and 30 years old.

About 100 police officers were posted along highways leading out of Sudbury, and they were searching all vehicles for the suspect and infant.

Local transit services were delayed as police searched across the city for the suspect.

The hospital called police and stepped up security after the baby was reported missing.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0..._alert_sudbury

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I like happy endings. That is great news.

remarker
    Wow - what an ordeal. Hope the baby is ok and the mom will be ok.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

that's good news does anyone know how they found her and the baby they did'nt give mch details

Julie Andrews
    Quote Originally Posted by yomelissa View Post
    that's good news does anyone know how they found her and the baby they did'nt give mch details
    It doesn't seem like they've released much info yet... I've been looking around for more info and I can't find out how they found the baby yet. I'm just happy & relieved that the baby has been returned to the Mom.

Baby it's cold outside tinytina's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

OMG!!
    I cant even imagine what the mom was going threw.
    Thank God she was returned back to her mom.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Andrews View Post
    It doesn't seem like they've released much info yet... I've been looking around for more info and I can't find out how they found the baby yet. I'm just happy & relieved that the baby has been returned to the Mom.
    I was searching around as well. It's sad how many infants get taken from the hospital. I couldn't believe how many stories came up.
    I'd like to know more of the story as well, but it'll get released in time. I'm just happy this baby is now safe in the mom's arms.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Wow, scary! Good thing for amber alerts!
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

twogirlsmom
    Very scary situation but i'm glad it had a happy ending.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow.. that's really scary. I'm glad they found the baby. Poor mom.. I can`t imagine what she must have gone though.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It said a caller phoned in and tipped them off as to the vehicle she was in in her hometown. Yeah, mentally, she's obviously not stable.
    <center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center>http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/FreebieChick
    http://www.winster.com/refer.jsp?uid=n30kdpgphys5r

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information