User Tag List

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Just wondering how safe Seaton street is at night?? I have read a few things that said that area was shady but it looks nice? I wonder if it would be unsafe for a young female to be walking home late at night?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I dont know the street...but it s the people that arent safe..not the street...if doubtful..find a friend to walk with.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Its far from the worst area of the city, not an amazing area but most places won't be
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

what is the cross street?
    where would you be walking from?
    Giving swagbucks a try, if you want to try too, sign up here : http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jillyfree

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

That area of Toronto changes drastically from one block to the next, even from one side of the street to the other. It isn't the safest neighbourhood, but not the worst either, and the exact route you take will make a big difference. It also depends on your perception of safety - you won't be alone on the streets very much, if that makes you feel more comfortable.
    Join Swagbucks for free GCs & prizes, just by searching: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Chicka
    PM me for a Lockerz.com invite.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I once knew someone who rented a basement apartment on Seaton. He was a cop and didn't have any complaints. Sorry i can't provide more information. That area in general (Yonge and York Mills) is a good area.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheapNcheeky View Post
    I once knew someone who rented a basement apartment on Seaton. He was a cop and didn't have any complaints. Sorry i can't provide more information. That area in general (Yonge and York Mills) is a good area.
    I think the one she's referring to is downtown, in the Cabbagetown/St. James area (ish). Yonge and YM is very different (didn't know there was a Seaton up there).

Rose, it is not a good neighbourhood. It's a few blocks from the highest homicide area in Toronto (probably in Ontario, too, but I don't have any OPP stats). We get hundreds of calls to that area a month. Lots of drugs (the seriously bad drugs), lots of dealers, lots of hookers. High concentration of homeless shelters and public housing in the area too, with all of their attendant problems.

Save_girl is right - it can vary widely from one block to the next, but generally speaking, I would vote no. I've got all kinds of training under my belt, and I wouldn't walk there at night unarmed.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

ah darn found a cool 1800's place on seaton just off dundas no wonder the price was too good to be true LOL!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    ah darn found a cool 1800's place on seaton just off dundas no wonder the price was too good to be true LOL!
    Mind telling around the price you got it for? IF anything, it seems safe before night ours. lol. Just crash at a friend's place if you ever stay out late or something
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Nucleii

Swagbucks: A place to do your searches and more to earn points for items!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Don't forget to check the bedbug registry before you sign a lease, BTW.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by screamy View Post
    Don't forget to check the bedbug registry before you sign a lease, BTW.

oh eek! I never thought of that either! ughhh I don't like this whole apartment living idea anymore
    but where else would I live in downtown TO haha! I don't think there are many options...maybe if I increase my price range I can find something better. I don't really want to live in someone's basement anyway it just seemed to be much cheaper than an actual apartment.

Thread Information