User Tag List

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

Hi all just wanted to ask advise on what I should have or could have done differently yesterday....

SDM had an in flyer special to save $5 on ANY motrin product. So I went on the hunt...I found them on sale for 4.99 each so I got 2 boxes each for me and hubby (limit of 2) and they rang through for .99 (5.99 reg price) I didnt notice cause I was almost home before I noticed and I live half an hour away.
    In any case still no biggy, got them .99 each.

So went back the next day to get 4 more, same thing....they rang through for .99. So I told the cashier about the sale price of 4.99 and told her they should be free.....She then told me I could take it up with her manager if I wanted to....I had my kids with me so I wasnt really in the mood to fight over something I knew I was right anyway!! lol

So I said to my husband..."I dont care, I will just take 2 more for the .99"
    So he agreed and we went to leave. Before I got to the door, she called me back...."excuse me mame, my manager said to refund your money"
    I said well, if thats the case I will take the other two I was going to get.....(in the mean time I had told another lady in line about the deal, so she had 2 as well.......
    The casheir said "Im sorry mame she said I can only do it for the 2 you were going to buy" I thought OMGGGG you can do whatever you want.......
    So I only got 2 free and the lady in line got nothing and I was ripped off $4 from the day b4! lol

So Im not really sure who to call of if I should even bother....but I figured Id let you all know about the great deal anyway....(if you can get it) lol
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Personally, I wouldn't even bother for the original ones purchased, and there's nothing much you can do about the lady behind you. IMHO the manager already gave you a refund for he ones you purchased, if the lady behind you wanted the same deal she could have complained to them herself. *shrug*

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

I am in Chatham ontario, and my situation was nearly the same.
    The shelf tag said on sale for $4.99, from $5.99, so they would be free, but no, they rang in at $0.99. So they took the $5 off the original price even though the $4.99 is their new low price.
    Confusing yes, pain in the butt, yes, they wouldn't do anything about it here.
    Oh well, i can't waste my time on those idiots
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I talked to the manager at my sdm. it is $5 off the original price. it makes sense, they wouldnt advertise free product in their flyer

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Hmm...when I was at Shopper's, the cashiers seemed to think that it was a Sunday/Monday only deal!

Trading Score
    249 (100%)

I went to the SDM's here and they are all gone

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

I agree they wouldnt advertise a free sale in the flyer....however I guess if they dont want to give things away, they should pay more attention to sales and in flayer specials.
    It should have been free, nothing stated in the flyer $5 off REG price.....
    frustrating.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I talked with them too and the $5 is off the regular price and has Already been tAken off at the shelf. The back of the flyer is not a coupon, it is an advertisement. It was a little confusing but makes sense.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you go to shoppers website you can enter your card number and send them a complaint regarding this...they always help at the website I have had more success there than talking to the store manager

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I think unfortunately this is a case of mis-tagging. Perhaps that $4.99 was an old sale or an old tag. It makes sense they would only offer one special at a time. The pills at my SDM were all marked with tags and the price after the $5 off and ranged from 99c to around $7.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by katie333 View Post
    I think unfortunately this is a case of mis-tagging. Perhaps that $4.99 was an old sale or an old tag. It makes sense they would only offer one special at a time. The pills at my SDM were all marked with tags and the price after the $5 off and ranged from 99c to around $7.

yup same at mine, got one for .99c good price for sure

Thread Information