User Tag List

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Anyone else Planting gardens/flowers?

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

we have had so much rain and then the sun comes out on the days when everyone is working so my garden is just dirt right now. LOL

i did manage to plants some sunflowers to tempt the hummingbirds. i have a very lonely hummingbird feeder right now so i'm hoping the sunflowers help.

yesterday we had a big storm so i just planted a bunch of tomatoes and red/green peppers in a pot. i'll leave them like that until i actually get time/the sun comes out to plant them. i also have a huge pot of chives that are starting to bloom those cool purple spike things on top. i love them. ♥

so far in all this rain, the only thing that is doing really well is the wild ferns in my backyard. i keep digging them up and moving them around but they are happy no matter where i put them and the little toads in my backyard LOVE to sit under them. i count five baby toads the other day.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

planted quite a lot of annuals but have to pick up more for hanging pots[6] or more, We planted raspberries, strawberries,choke cherries,apples in the past year and quite a few perennials we too are trying to build up the garden we also planted tomatoes cucumbers and onions,the cool thing is I planted some type of red flower[can't recall name]this weekend and this morning it had flowers bloom that wasn't on there when it went in the ground,I told me hubby lastw eek this year will be good for the soil[YEAH]

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by saraL View Post
    we have had so much rain and then the sun comes out on the days when everyone is working so my garden is just dirt right now. LOL

i did manage to plants some sunflowers to tempt the hummingbirds. i have a very lonely hummingbird feeder right now so i'm hoping the sunflowers help.

yesterday we had a big storm so i just planted a bunch of tomatoes and red/green peppers in a pot. i'll leave them like that until i actually get time/the sun comes out to plant them. i also have a huge pot of chives that are starting to bloom those cool purple spike things on top. i love them. ♥

so far in all this rain, the only thing that is doing really well is the wild ferns in my backyard. i keep digging them up and moving them around but they are happy no matter where i put them and the little toads in my backyard LOVE to sit under them. i count five baby toads the other day.
    i love sunflowers I too want to plant some this year!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have finnally planted all my veggies except tomatoes and peppers and I will wait for warmer weather for that. They are doing fine in the greenhouse for now. This year I started alot of stuff in the greenhouse including annual flowers and gourds as well as veggies. My flower gardens have exploded with growth and so I have been splitting plants and giving them away or moving them to another spot in the yard. The rain has put me a few weeks behind but I will stick with it until it is finished.
    Happy Planting fellow growers.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I had to bring in all my lil plants yesteray, it was raining so hard and the wind was unreal. I had them in my greenhouse, and the bottoms were icing up. I panicked to say the least lol. So my floors and kitchen table is back to full of small plants.
    I have a fairly large tomato plant I bought, but just discovered I need to, hmmm, forget the word now, but pinch off some areas so all the energy doesn't go to the plant growing but instead towards the actual tomato. I watched some vids, but I don't really know what to cut off as it is pretty bushy and thick. I'm scared I'll kill it.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

you are too pinch the suckers off - these 'suckers' will produce tomatos as well but if you pinch them off the other fruit on the main branches are supposed to get bigger.....make sense?

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Suckers!!!! That was the word, Thanks!! Was driving me insane trying to remember the word lol.
    It sure does make sense, but I don't know what to cut off and what not to..It's one big bushy plant
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

I'm Delicious TheOriginalTruffles's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Suckers are the branches that form in between the 'V' of 2 main branches.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Great thread!!!

I try to garden I have a few raised beds so far only have onions, radish and lettuce planted but over the next week should have the rest done. I planted iris's last fall in front of the garage and they seem to be doing OK. I really do not have a green thumb usually I have dirt under my fingernails because I bent over to pick that one weed and see another and another. My 6 yr old granddaughter says she is going to help me plant some seeds today?? maybe I will let her design the beds this year. I started a bunch of seeds and now it takes 6 4 litre jugs to water the ones inside and have been trying to get them used to being outside but the rain made it impossible to take them out and bring them in last week so today they are going out and if only the strong survive I can live with that. I need to find a grass? wheat that I can plant in my chicken yard to give the girls their daily green, maybe I will find a patch of sod in the alley that would work. lol. I hope everyone had a great time gardening today.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

hmmm, so if I cut out everything that is not is the V zone that is the suckers? My plant will be awful bare then lol.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Ok, I did it!! lol, I watched some more vids, anything between the "L" I pinched off. It actually wasn't a whole lot, I was surprized. I also put in two small tomato feeder pills in, hope that helps em.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I did notice however some male cat sprayed on my plant dirt...stink!!!! Hoping that don't kill it Gardening is stressful lol

I'm Delicious TheOriginalTruffles's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I had to put some pea-netting over one of my beds because a neighbourhood kitty used it a couple of times.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I bought the most prettiest plant tonight, but don't know how to post pics on here. I've never seen flowers like it, multicolred, it screamed "buy me!! lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i'm currently trying to grow some bell pepper, spinach and cantaloupe. about 1/2 of them spouted already

Quote Originally Posted by recessionisnotfun View Post
    I bought the most prettiest plant tonight, but don't know how to post pics on here. I've never seen flowers like it, multicolred, it screamed "buy me!! lol
    ooh i want to see what it looks like! if you have the pic on your computer, you can upload it as an attachment. or you can upload to tinypic first to get a link. click the icon that looks like 2 mountains and a sun to put the link in and the pic will appear
    Last edited by mimi-; Tue, May 31st, 2011 at 12:33 AM.
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information