User Tag List

Page 11202 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 10202 10702 11102 11152 11192 11200 11201 11202 11203 11204 11212 11252 11302 11702 ... LastLast
Results 168,016 to 168,030 of 176705
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Now we are coming towards the time for Remembrance ,here is the story behind the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior ,that lies in Westminster Abbey . . . . . . . .On November 7th, 1920, in strictest secrecy, four unidentified British bodies were exhumed from temporary battlefield cemeteries at Ypres, Arras, the Asine and the Somme. None of the soldiers who did the digging were told why. The bodies were taken by field ambulance to GHQ at St-Pol-Sur-Ter Noise. There the bodies were draped with the union flag. Sentries were posted and Brigadier-General Wyatt and a Colonel Gell selected one body at random. A French honour guard was selected and stood by the coffin overnight. On the morning of the 8th, a specially designed coffin made of oak from the grounds of Hampton Court was brought and the unknown warrior placed inside. On top was placed a crusaders sword and a shield on which was inscribed '( a British Warrior who fell in the GREAT WAR 1914-1918 for king and country'.The bodies of the other 3 Soldiers , were re - buried at Saint - Pol - Ternoise , near Arras , with full Military Honours , by Rev. George Kendall O.B. E.On The 9th of November, the unknown warrior was taken by horse-drawn carriage through guards of honour and the sound of tolling bells and bugle calls to the quayside. There it was saluted by Marechal Foche and loaded onto HMS Vernon bound for Dover..... the coffin stood on the deck covered in wreaths and surrounded by the French honour guard.On arrival at Dover, the unknown warrior was greeted with a 19 gun salute, normally only reserved for field marshals. He then traveled by special train to Victoria Station London. He stayed there overnight and on the morning of the 11th of November, he was taken to Westminster Abbey.The idea of the unknown warrior was thought of by a Padre called David Railton who had served at the front during the great war and it was the union flag he used as an altar cloth at the front, that had been draped over the coffin. It was his intention that all relatives of the 517,773 combatants whose bodies had not been identified could believe that the unknown warrior could very well be their lost husband, Father, brother or son....Every year on the 11th of November we Remember the unknown warrior....At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We will remember them.

Believe In Who You Are Spartacus's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning my Q friends. Happy Psychedelic Psunday
    I am doing a lot better. I am walking without the aircast. i do keep the cast with me in case I need it. I'm still taking baby steps. I still use the walker I can't carry anything heavy with my messed up left shoulder wrist and hand. It's a pain in the ass. I am going to start driving again also. It was frustrating me to take the bus then up and down in the elevators at Pape and Broadview subway stations.
    Another day in the Colliseum with the Gladiators YAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

SOME VIOLENT IMAGES!

The song focuses on Jerry Brown, the Governor of California 1975-1983 (and later 2011—present), and is sung from his perspective. An imaginary Brown outlines a hippie-fascist vision for America, in which his "suede denim secret police" kill un-cool people with "organic poison gas" chambers. Lines such as "Serpent's egg already hatched" (a reference to a line from William Shakespeare's play Julius Caesar) comment on the corrosive nature of power. The line "now it is 1984" refers to the totalitarian regime of George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, describing a future (from 1979) where Jerry Brown has become President Brown presiding over secret police and gas chambers.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mick goes into Wexford County Council and applies for a job. The interviewer asks him "Are you allergic to anything?" He replies, "Yes caffeine. I cant drink coffee." "OK, have you ever been in the Irish army? "Yes, I was in the lebanon for 3 years." The interviewer says, "That will give you an extra 5 points towards employment." Then he asks "Are you disabled in any way?".Mick says, Yes a bomb exploded near me and I lost both my testicles." The interviewer says "Disabled in the line of duty for your Country! Well that qualifies you for bonus points. Okay. You have enough points, I can hire you right now. Our normal working hours are from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm. You can start tomorrow at 10.00am and plan on starting at 10.00 am every day. Mick is a bit confused and asks, "if the work hours are from 8am to 4pm, why dont you want me here till 10.00am?" The interviewer says, "This is the Council , for the first 2 hours we stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls. No point in you coming in for that."

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

good morning, qts!

it's going to be a wet fall day.

Today

Cloudy. Periods of rain beginning early this morning and ending this afternoon. Wind becoming west 40 km/h gusting to 60 near noon. High 14. UV index 1 or low.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Win A Pair Of Joe Bonamassa Tickets

It’s the guitar event of the year, and we want YOU to go! Enter for your chance to win a pair of tickets to see Joe Bonamassa on Friday, November 2nd at the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Fleetwood Mac VIP

How would you like to spend an evening with one of the world’s best selling bands?
    You and a friend could score a pair of tickets to see Fleetwood Macon Monday, November 5th at Scotiabank Arena, a pre-show dinner at Quinn’s Steakhouse and Irish Bar, and luxury transportation courtesy of Rosedale Livery!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

here's a 'feel good' story to start your week

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

7am cash or car contestant, Paul picks the cash. He wins $90

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

* Oct 15 *

car draw or cash

7 am

paul chose the envelope and won $90

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle expecting 1st baby in spring 2019

Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle are expecting their first child in the spring of 2019, around a year after their wedding injected Hollywood glamour into the British royal family.

British media said Meghan, 37, was believed to be about 12 weeks pregnant. The baby will be seventh-in-line to the British throne.
    Figure this was happening sooner, then later.

Newfiescreech, kenrod and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did you know?

The first thing ever bought and sold across the Internet was a bag of marijuana in 1971.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Province-wide protest today

The Ontario Federation of Labour will be at the forefront of a province-wide protest today. More than 50 rallies are scheduled across the province to protest the provinces plans to scrap the fair workplaces, better jobs act.

Bill 148 was passed by the previous Liberal government and includes the 15-dollar minimum wage set to take effect January 1st.

The day of action is coordinated by the Fight for $15 & Fairness and the Ontario Federation of Labour, as well as community, student, teacher, faculty, faith, health, labour and non-profit associations across the province.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Patriots outlast Chiefs for wild win

Stephen Gostkowski hit a 28-yard field goal as time expired, and the New England Patriots beat the Kansas City Chiefs 43-40 on Sunday night after blowing a big halftime lead.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today is...

Clean your Virtual Desktop Day is your opportunity to bring order to your desktop. While it may seem simple, there are actually a number of ways to celebrate Clean Your Virtual Desktop Day.

Go through your files on and determine which ones are no longer necessary, and send them to the virtual recycling bin. Transfer photos to storage devices like flash drives or SD cards, or just save them in special folders on your hard drive.

Thread Information