User Tag List

Page 11370 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 10370 10870 11270 11320 11360 11368 11369 11370 11371 11372 11380 11420 11470 ... LastLast
Results 170,536 to 170,550 of 176703
Like Tree1334442Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Three-time Formula 1 world champion Niki Lauda has died at the age of 70, his family says, nine months after undergoing a lung transplant.
    The legendary Austrian took the title for Ferrari in 1975 and 1977 and McLaren in 1984.
    For many, he will be remembered for his remarkable recovery and return to racing after being badly burned in a crash in the 1976 German Grand Prix.
    "[He was] a role model and a benchmark for all of us," his family said.
    After his career as a racing driver, he became an airline entrepreneur and, most recently, a non-executive chairman for the Formula 1 Mercedes team, instrumental in bringing in British driver Lewis Hamilton, who has won five world championships.

"His unique achievements as an athlete and entrepreneur are and will remain unforgettable, his tireless zest for action, his straightforwardness and his courage remain a role model and a benchmark for all of us," the statement said.
    Lauda died peacefully with his family on Monday, it added.
    In January, he spent some 10 days in hospital while suffering from influenza.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Happy Victoria Day!!!

Attachment 351617
    This little cutie prefers to sport a pink crown pendant instead of a tiara, but she is every bit a princess.

Hope everyone enjoyed their day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Sorry for going awol, life has been...challenging. To read the happy part of this post, go to the end. Trust me, although it starts off depressing, it will put a smile on your face.

I took a break from, well, life so I could spend as much time as possible with Lily dog while I still had the chance. And I am very happy I made that decision. At the end of Sept, a month after her 15th birthday, I lost my sweet girl. Of course, Lily being Lily, she had a Hollywood ending. I went to get some cheese from the fridge and Lily dog, who was still wobbly from the stroke she'd had 6 months prior, came running over like a crazy pup, grabbed it from my hands, and wolfed down a block of cheese. She was quite pleased with herself that she managed to get away with it. "I hope you're happy, cause that's all the cheese we have and it'll be a few days before I get to the store", I told her. I swear she smiled, wagged her tail, then went off to take a nap. I was consoling Quincy cat, who was miffed he didn't get any cheese (although he only wanted it to prevent Lily dog from eating it), when I suddenly realized it was too quiet. I went to check on her and she looked so peaceful, as if she were in a deep sleep. But I knew she was gone. Her death hit me really hard. She was my last real tie to my parents (they loved Quincy cat, but Lily, although my dog, was their baby). Thank goodness for Quincy cat, he saved my sanity last fall. After a week of being quiet and depressed, he turned into a crazy kitten, chasing his tail and stealing my socks.

Meanwhile, I had had my annual testing and some weird things showed up. Again. So...I had a boatload of tests throughout the fall. The initial blip seemed to indicate cancer. After MRIs, ultrasounds, x-rays, bloodwork, etc, etc, I got a clean bill of health. Thank goodness! I have had some other weird things going on (jury is out on whether it's fainting spells or seizures, since nothing shows up on tests - some weird idiopathic thing, me being me).

Over the last few months, I lost a few of the fish, gained a few needing homes. Halloween was hard, for the first time in a long time I didn't have the heart to dress up Quincy cat, since his partner in crime wasn't there (Lily dog LOVED wearing clothes, and especially the attention - adoration? - of all). Xmas was quiet, I spent it alone with Quincy cat. I was supposed to have a nice dinner with friends, but they were all sick with a nasty bug that would not quit (bff, who hasn't been sick in a decade, was out of commission for over a month!). Got the news that I was healthy just before Xmas (yay for a nice present!) and started the search for a new roommate cause the home was too quiet. That didn't go very well. You would think in a city the size of Toronto, it would be easy to find a dog. It seems these days, no one will sell you a dog unless you have a house with a fenced-in yard and children. Since I have neither, apparently I'm not deemed qualified to have a canine companion. Had one pup lined up who fell through at the last minute. At first I was devastated, but it was for the best - the pup was a dead ringer for Lily dog, right down to the same toes being white. It was eerie. It just wouldn't have been fair to that pup or me, it wouldn't be intentional, but I know I would be making constant comparisons to Lily dog. And that's not right.January and most of February was brutal down here, with tons of ice. The way the street was salted, I don't know which was worse, cause I kept slipping on both. bff actually fell on the ice and tore a muscle. Ouch. I had given up any thought of having a new pup, when a friend called me the morning of Family Day. Her friend's co-worker's neighbour had a litter of puppies needing good homes, and she thought of me and managed to get their number. I called the folks, told them I was still mourning the loss of my companion of nearly 15 years, and was asked whether I could pick up a pup that day! They had 2 girls left. It was hard to choose, since both girls were adorable, but I went with vanity and chose the cuter pup (her sister was a solid blonde with no highlights). I think I ended up choosing the crazy one, or maybe I made her crazy? At any rate, Quincy cat is still adjusting to having a canine in the house, and is being very gentle with her. He has yet to use his claws on her nose, although she can be rather obnoxious on her insistance that he play.

My goal for the girl is to have her be my assistant, more or less like Lily dog made my life easier, but with a few other duties. We'll see. She seems to have the temperament for it even if she is petite (hoping for a growth spurt), let's hope I don't mess up her training (it's always human error!).So, now we're happy again. At least I am, not too sure about Quincy cat, although he does like to torment the girl by lying just outside of paw's reach and playing with one of her toys when she's in her crate. Typical cat. And the pup is the happiest dog I've ever met. She loves everyone and everything, has no fear, thinks the world is here to adore her (judging by the reactions of people we pass on the street, she's not far off the mark) and is way too smart for her own good. She learned to unlock her crate 3 days after I brought her home (she was 8 weeks old at the time). She learns things very quickly, although she has the attention span of a fruit fly. She thinks vacuum cleaners and garbage trucks are evil, tiny flower pots are out to get us, but stilt walkers, large balloons, loudspeakers blaring live music and giant flamingos are all great. Gotta love living in downtown Toronto.

Without further ado, I'd like to introduce Ivy dog.
    Attachment 351620

This little girl is almost 5 months old, a bundle of energy and happiness, and is always on the hunt to cause mischief. And, yes, she looks like a cartoon character, with one ear up and one down. bff's Mom calls her a Disney dog. She's part golden retriever (the "I LOVE people" part) and part Australian Shepherd (the brilliant mad scientist part) and all crazy (the puppy part).

Will try to post more often, but someone thinks that sleep is over-rated (someone didn't get the memo that puppies are supposed to sleep all the time - she slept the first week in my arms at night, then had to be moved to the crate cause she wanted to play 24/7 and would chew on me to get her point across - she has not changed her mind yet!). Yes, I am sleep-deprived, but it is so worth it. Oh and her personality is the complete opposite of Lily dog, so I have a lot of adjusting to do. Ivy dog LOVES water - she likes to go out in the rain, will jump in any puddle she can find, tries to climb in water dishes (she has a teeny bowl now to cut down on the wet floors) and likes to dig in mud and mulch given the chance. She is, to say the least, a handful.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning and Happy Tuesday everyone.
    I hope u had a good Victoria day weekend!!
    today should be sunny and pleasant.

Name:  6373caaa84b995488eb1b2f591165c2f.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  28.2 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  ce8161f74c97ae1e79fc228ad09d015e.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  58.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dededi; Tue, May 21st, 2019 at 05:55 AM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

good morning, qts!

nice to see you back, andi. so sorry to hear about your lily dog. sounds like ivy is going to be a good companion for you now.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

it's not going to be very warm today, but it's going to be SUNNY!

Today

Sunny. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 this morning. High 18. UV index 8 or very high.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Sunny Tuesday, Q sters,

It was nice to have 3 days off for the 1st time in I don't know how long. The weather was up & down, but from the sounds of it, after Wednesday, the temps will be in the 20's consistantly for the at least the next week.

Welcom back Andit. So sorry to hear about Lily dog, she was a very dear friend for you. She is in a better place, watching over the fish that went to heaven as well. Glad to hear that you have a new companion in Ivy. The neighbour's next door to us have an Australian sheppard & she is very crazy & lively. She's turning 3 this year & still hasn't out grown the "puppy" stage. Hope to hear more adventures of Qunicy & Ivy.

Tonight, the Blues have a chance to clinche a play off spot by beating the Sharks. This would be their 1st Stanley cup, should they beat Boston, in the finals.

Raptors also play tonight, game 4, another must win, to keep the series tied.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning fellow Canucks!

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Andit, great to see you again! Sorry to hear about Lily Dog, but I am glad you adopted Ivy Dog as a companion to you and Quincy Cat.

Well folks, have a great short work week ahead!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sometimes all you need is the music...

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lauda appeared on course to defend his title in 1976 when he crashed at the Nuerburgring during the German Grand Prix. Several drivers stopped to help pull him from the burning car, but the accident would scar him for life. The baseball cap Lauda almost always wore in public became a personal trademark.

“The main damage, I think to myself, was lung damage from inhaling all the flames and fumes while I was sitting in the car for about 50 seconds,” he recalled nearly a decade later. “It was something like 800 degrees.”

Lauda twice underwent kidney transplants, receiving an organ donated by his brother in 1997 and,
    when that stopped functioning well, a kidney donated by his girlfriend in 2005.

In August 2018, he underwent a lung transplant that the Vienna General Hospital
    said was made necessary by a “serious lung illness.”

Lauda’s family issued a statement saying the three-time world champion
    “passed away peacefully” on Monday.

I think Nikki's new lungs finally let him down.
    Last edited by rock lobster; Tue, May 21st, 2019 at 10:16 AM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rockit View Post
    Sometimes all you need is the music...

What a priceless piece of blues - thanks Rocket

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nice to see you Andit - out from hibernation, just in time for the nice weather(almost)
    Sad to hear about your Lily; but good to know you have a new dog to teach old tricks to - just no cheese okay. Good to know you’re passing all your medical tests.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The mother of invention.......
    Name:  FA15A6F6-E93C-4237-B90A-4916D3E192D6.jpeg
Views: 71
Size:  29.3 KB

Thread Information