User Tag List

Page 1490 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 490 990 1390 1440 1480 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1500 1540 1590 1990 2490 ... LastLast
Results 22,336 to 22,350 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by runt158 View Post
    well we had a total of 13 kids come to the house last night a little disappointing but we are out in the middle of no where but we do have streets with kids on them

WoW , we had over 140 kids which was double from just a year ago.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yesterday when Wolfie found it, it wouldn't let me enter. kept saying i was denied. today was not a problem. thanx for reminding us, HG.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Just poppin' in to say a quick hi, will rep later. Among the great loot my kids scored were vouchers for Marlies tickets. That's a great idea to give those out.
    Jonesy

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Last month when they had this contest, I entered and was not permitted to enter again? Have the rules changed?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by the H team View Post
    yesterday when Wolfie found it, it wouldn't let me enter. kept saying i was denied. today was not a problem. thanx for reminding us, HG.
    Thanks!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kawam View Post
    There are two trip opportunities on the site. One is a Phone in and the other is an Online entry.

We’re giving away a trip for two to the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton in Jamaica from all online entries this month!
    and where does one go for this on line entry..do you have the link?
    oh..never mind..I found it..LOL
    Last edited by Chers1; Tue, Nov 1st, 2011 at 11:48 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

someone reminded me when I said it took about 25 to 30 minutes thats when they did 1007 callers so guess it wont be as bad this time. Maybe 10 minutes or less hopefully .

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you heartgirl.
    It let me enter this time....
    Has anyone been able to enter more than 1 time?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Blind Dog's Friend Gives Her New Leash in Life!
    Blind Great Dane Lily and her guide dog Madison are melting hearts around the world with their enduring tale of friendship that has seen its share of hardship.
    Lily was only 18 months old when veterinarians removed both her eyes as she was suffering from entropion, a condition that caused her eyelashes to roll inward and scratch painfully against her eyeballs.
    As Lily recuperated in darkness — too timid to move — her best friend Madison slowly began encouraging her sightless friend to start moving. Madison would lead the way — a guide dog for a dog, steering her pal, alerting her to danger in her path.
    In time, with Madison at her side Lily regained the confidence to play outside the house. Now the pair — Lily is six years old now; Madison is seven — is facing its next challenge: finding a new home.
    Just this summer the two Great Danes were taken to live at The Dogs Trust shelter in Shrewsbury, U.K. They moved there in July after their owners accepted they couldn’t care for them anymore.
    The shelter is looking for a new home for the two, and prospective owners are told up front they must take both dogs.
    The Dogs Trust, has a “non-destruction policy,” says spokeswoman Jennifer Blaber.
    The dogs must go to a new home together or they’ll stay here forever, she says. Over the weekend the two went to live with a potential new owner but Lily found the experience stressful, explains Blaber, so they are back at the shelter.
    Centre manager Louise Cabell has told the press, “Madison is Lily’s guide dog. She is a support method to her. If they are out and about, for the majority of the time Madison will lead and Lily will walk nearly touching her so she knows where to go. It’s lovely to watch. Madison is very thoughtful and is always looking out for her.”
    Cabell is convinced that Lily’s other senses have been heightened since her eyes were removed. Lily’s condition is treatable if caught early. The two dogs are very vocal, with Madison letting Lily know she is close by. Lily becomes anxious if she can’t sense Madison is present.
    Dr. James Histed, an ophthalmologist at the Toronto Animal Eye Clinic, says dogs adapt to their new circumstances quickly when they lose complete vision. Their hearing, their sense of smell, even their tactile senses become more acute, he explains. “They can tell whether they are on carpet or on the kitchen floor. They learn their way around.”
    Histed is not surprised Lily was able to rally so quickly – particularly with Madison at her side. “I’m not a behaviourist, but there’s some kind of a connection in dogs, an understanding, a bond.”
    Sue Hawkins, a trainer with Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind, says all guide dogs must have a “willingness at their core.” Whether it is agility training or search and rescue, they have to be willing — something Madison certainly has. “They are pack animals,” she says, suggesting that while their relationship may be inexplicable, the bond is powerful.
    That’s why it’s so important that Madison and Lily stay together, says Cabell. “These are two lovely big girls who deserve to live out the rest of their lives together in comfort.”

This is very touching, I couldn't copy the picture of the two dogs but if you go to Torontostar.com and look at the article you will see three pics of the dogs....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ecat - thank you so much for posting the article... I will for sure check it out in the Star. Every day Aussie Girl gets an extra hug, and I shuuder to think of what her ending almost was.... hoping to adopt a brother or sister for her soon...and have let the rescue people know..

Lunchtime - so I get another quick fix on the computer.....
    very strange not having access at home - but you know I have to say, tis rather nice actually picking up the phone and calling people instead of emailing!!!!
    A lovely day to be sure....wish I was on the outside rather than locked up in an office, ah well 1 more day til the weekend starts....
    Cheers

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A sign for your desk Chers

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by McSkier View Post
    Ecat - thank you so much for posting the article... I will for sure check it out in the Star. Every day Aussie Girl gets an extra hug, and I shuuder to think of what her ending almost was.... hoping to adopt a brother or sister for her soon...and have let the rescue people know..

Lunchtime - so I get another quick fix on the computer.....
    very strange not having access at home - but you know I have to say, tis rather nice actually picking up the phone and calling people instead of emailing!!!!
    A lovely day to be sure....wish I was on the outside rather than locked up in an office, ah well 1 more day til the weekend starts....
    Cheers

Oh that is very exciting a brother or sister for Aussie Girl McSkier!!!! Wow and another rescue to be given another change at happiness - ya hoo!!!!

Yes, that article is very touching. That poor dog having his eyes removed - it must be soooooo scary for animals who cannot even have anything explained to them. But having this dog as a friend is wonderful for her - to separate them ever would be a crime!!!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow pretty quiet in here today

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mmmme... View Post
    Thank you heartgirl.
    It let me enter this time....
    Has anyone been able to enter more than 1 time?

No... only One Entry per Person.
    The previous one I Posted Failed because it was linked to the FIRST "Find the Pig" Contest.

They just re-linked it Properly... thus, it w*rks.

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Thread Information