User Tag List

Page 1806 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 806 1306 1706 1756 1796 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1816 1856 1906 2306 2806 ... LastLast
Results 27,076 to 27,090 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee03 View Post
    I got a bit more shopping done today and lots of wrapping. I have two more little stocking stuffers to pick up and that's it.... I am well ahead of myself this year!!

Good for you Lee! I've still got some to do this week, went to finish up for my kitties but the pet shop closed at 5, oh well, that's easy I can walk there during the week. Still using some of the $250 I won in certificates for the pet store!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Evening All.

Hubby's mom is not doing very well. My mom went through exactly the same injury 4 years ago so I have a baseline for a pretty good care routine. Even factoring the age difference, (my mom was 76, his mom is 92) I am appalled at her lack of progress. I can only attribute this to total indifference and/or general apathy on the part of the hospital staff.

Little bit of background - Her ideal weight is probably 115 lbs. She's currently just upward of 90. The meds they were giving her were too strong (I can only assume they were based on a "standard" sized woman) and they were coming about an hour before each meal. When the meals arrived, she was entering la-la land and had no interest in eating. The nursing staff did not notice that she wasn't eating anything - after all, they don't take the trays away. This went on for two days until we informed them that she wasn't eating - so they are now giving her both fluids and meds through the intravenous.

Because of the lack of food, she is terribly weak and does not even have the ability to sit up by herself in bed. Because she can't do that, they have stopped trying to have her walk/shuffle over to the chair to actually sit up by herself. After the same length of time, my Mom was walking to and using the bathroom by herself. MIL barely has the strength to feed herself.

This afternoon I spoke to one of her nursing team about my concerns. Do you know what I was advised to do? Call the doctor myself.

Please note this was NOT a "I'll put a note on her file but, in order to lend more credence to the concerns, I suggest that you call the doctor and speak to him as well" type conversation. This was totally a "what do you want me to do about it? I'm only a nurse and I don't prescribe the meds or order the physio - call the doctor if you have a problem".

I didn't tell Hubby of my conversation until we'd left. Was rather afraid of what he might have done! While we want to do everything we can, we don't want to make too many waves while she is still a prisoner, er patient, there. As bad as it is, I know it could be worse and no telling what might happen if they start feeling threatened!

And what really scares the hell out of me ..... what kind of care do "solo" patients at that hospital get? Patients who don't have a support group of people visiting multiple times each day? Who speaks for them? Who lets the staff know when they are experiencing something out of the norm?
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

The party was a success! We had over 60 neighbours come down & not a scrap of food was left (we were worried about leftovers). Quite a few naysayers were concerned about us serving food past 8pm (they were the same folks scarfing down the light buffet at 10!).

Tonight, I went to see the Gospel Christmas Project, a lovely concert.

Now, my weary body is crashing, so I'm off to bed.

Night all.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

evening Q sters,
    HAPPY PSUNDAY!
    checked on the paint job from last week. the were a couple of thin spots on the door trim, so added another coat & while it was drying, took the tape & paper off around the rest of the room. have to fix the ceiling fan in my room. the fan part worked but the light stopped working. the wire for the light was loose, so not making a good connection. fixed up the wiring, so now i can see in the morning when trying to find clothes to wear. also fixed the ceiling fan in my office. the whole thing was wobbling, found the screws that hold the base plate were loose. got them all tightened, so no more wobbling. of course it was laundry day & did some grocery shopping. well the crunch is on, 6 more shopping days. better get it done soon.
    thanx for the reps. will see you all in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by TO_Harley View Post
    Good morning all, and Happy PSunday!
    Got a nice email this morning from Q...

Hi,
    Quick note to let you know your name was drawn randomly from those who entered my Legends Blog House of Marley contest.

If you flip me your mailing address, I'll have your prize pack sent out to you.

Cheers,
    Jeff Woods

I forget what is in the prize pack, but it's great just knowing that I finally scored on a contest!
    Sorry PSells, I know you entered that too, but thanks for bringing it to my attention!
    CONGRATS ON YOUR JAMMIN WIN, TO_HARLEY!
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfDio View Post
    Went to Visit with Helen today.
    She is even Stronger today.

There was "Rumour" that She wanted to go Shopping today.
    Wound up being too cold, so She did not go out.
    *Just as well... all my Naps got "Misplaced".*
    so glad to hear Helen's "feeling stronger every day"
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    Evening All.

Hubby's mom is not doing very well. My mom went through exactly the same injury 4 years ago so I have a baseline for a pretty good care routine. Even factoring the age difference, (my mom was 76, his mom is 92) I am appalled at her lack of progress. I can only attribute this to total indifference and/or general apathy on the part of the hospital staff.

Little bit of background - Her ideal weight is probably 115 lbs. She's currently just upward of 90. The meds they were giving her were too strong (I can only assume they were based on a "standard" sized woman) and they were coming about an hour before each meal. When the meals arrived, she was entering la-la land and had no interest in eating. The nursing staff did not notice that she wasn't eating anything - after all, they don't take the trays away. This went on for two days until we informed them that she wasn't eating - so they are now giving her both fluids and meds through the intravenous.

Because of the lack of food, she is terribly weak and does not even have the ability to sit up by herself in bed. Because she can't do that, they have stopped trying to have her walk/shuffle over to the chair to actually sit up by herself. After the same length of time, my Mom was walking to and using the bathroom by herself. MIL barely has the strength to feed herself.

This afternoon I spoke to one of her nursing team about my concerns. Do you know what I was advised to do? Call the doctor myself.

Please note this was NOT a "I'll put a note on her file but, in order to lend more credence to the concerns, I suggest that you call the doctor and speak to him as well" type conversation. This was totally a "what do you want me to do about it? I'm only a nurse and I don't prescribe the meds or order the physio - call the doctor if you have a problem".

I didn't tell Hubby of my conversation until we'd left. Was rather afraid of what he might have done! While we want to do everything we can, we don't want to make too many waves while she is still a prisoner, er patient, there. As bad as it is, I know it could be worse and no telling what might happen if they start feeling threatened!

And what really scares the hell out of me ..... what kind of care do "solo" patients at that hospital get? Patients who don't have a support group of people visiting multiple times each day? Who speaks for them? Who lets the staff know when they are experiencing something out of the norm?
    wow, just totally unbelieveable. my continuing prayers go out for a speedy recovery.

oops, packers received their 1st loss of the season at the hands of the chiefs
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Computer Techy at large! TO_Harley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    Evening All.

Argo, I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I have had many experiences with TEGH, some good, and some not so good. My advice to you is to contact their Patient Relations Department and voice your comments and concerns. Thieir number is 416-469-6096. Here is their web page... http://www.tegh.on.ca/bins/content_page.asp?cid=2-27-33

Best of luck to you!
    Last edited by TO_Harley; Mon, Dec 19th, 2011 at 12:46 AM.

Everything is Awesome! :D
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Monster Christmas Tree
    http://youtu.be/gqOPmj3Q7xQ

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Burpy Holidays!
    A belching animated version of Beethoven's Ode To Joy!

http://youtu.be/TjRZkAGDGGE

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Justin Bieber & Usher : Chestnuts ( The Christmas Song )
    Live At Christmas In Rockefeller Center

Love the part where, during Dan Kanter’s guitar solo, JB pulls off Kanter’s scarf and tosses it into the crowd! :D

http://youtu.be/IlvFgf1LKY0

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning Q sters....back to work & decided I will cycle.

Keep your head down waynethegolfer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The last grind for me this year happy Monday.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

morning qt's.
    pretty windy for a ride, attitash!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning all!

Packers' first loss and Indy's first win! Great weekend for football!

My thoughts are with you and your mother-in-law Argo!

Have a GRAND day everyone!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

good morning all, hope you all have a wonderful monday

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning Q folks!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

a good morning to the Q zoo...

Thread Information