User Tag List

Page 3346 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 2346 2846 3246 3296 3336 3344 3345 3346 3347 3348 3356 3396 3446 3846 4346 ... LastLast
Results 50,176 to 50,190 of 176705
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you all very much again for the condolences. You guys (and gals) are truly the best....

I hope everyone has a great day.... stay dry...

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

congrats Geraldine from Oakville

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning Q folks. Quite the light show here at about 1am!

Good luck to those calling in today. Unfortunately, I will be in some meetings today so won't have much of an opportunity.

Lee, my condolences to you and your hubby's family.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

a good morning to the Q zoo...the lawn is breathing a sigh of releif...off to the cottage in the morning for a week and a half of R & R...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    recap of the Springsteen songs for today:

because the night
    night
    hungry heart
    she's the one
    no surrender
    Born to Run
    the rising
    we take care of our own

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...QMV80SEE#gid=0
    Dutifully noted and entered as requested.

Skiiiipperrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kawam View Post
    Good Morning from Niagara.
    Hope your money and someone elses rolls back to you kawam

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ic_ou812 View Post
    a good morning to the Q zoo...the lawn is breathing a sigh of releif...off to the cottage in the morning for a week and a half of R & R...
    Enjoy your respite

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Morning!

Wow, I've already been at my desk for 45 minutes and I'm not all that tired. Amazing what happens when your commute is cut down from 90 minutes to 30 seconds! (Yes, working from home today!!)

Had some internet issues this morning but solved it without Rogers help. No, not kudos to me, just an indication of how often my internet tanks that I know the "try these steps first" by heart. Took me a bit to get connected - but as the phone was still up and running, I was able to particpiate in the first phone-a-thon of the day. Possibly my last for today, but at least I got a chance to try. And that one phone attempt was more than all other contest tries over the last 4 months combined!
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good Morning Q'sters

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Talking of old folks:

I know some of you will not understand this message, but I bet you know someone who might.

I came across this phrase yesterday. 'FENDER SKIRTS.'

A term I haven't heard in a long time, and thinking about 'fender skirts' started me thinking about other words that quietly disappear from our language with hardly a notice like 'curb feelers.'

And 'steering knobs.' (AKA) 'suicide knob,' 'neckers knobs.'

Since I'd been thinking of cars, my mind naturally went that direction first.

Any kids will probably have to find some older person over 50 to explain some of these terms to you.

Remember 'Continental kits?' They were rear bumper extenders and spare tire covers that were supposed to make any car as cool as a Lincoln Continental.

When did we quit calling them 'emergency brakes?' At some point 'parking brakes' became the proper term. But I miss the hint of drama that went with 'emergency brake.'

I'm sad, too, that almost all the old folks are gone who would call the accelerator the 'foot feed.' Many today do not even know what a clutch is or that the dimmer switch (and starter) used to be on the floor.

Didn't you ever wait at the street for your daddy to come home, so you could ride the 'running board' up to the house?

Here's a phrase I heard all the time in my youth but never anymore -'store -bought.' Of course, just about everything is store-bought these days. But once it was bragging material to have a store-bought dress or a store-bought bag of candy.

'Coast to coast' is a phrase that once held all sorts of excitement and now means almost nothing. Now we take the term 'world wide' for granted. This floors me.

On a smaller scale, 'wall-to-wall' was once a magical term in our homes. In the '50s, everyone covered his or her hardwood floors with, wow, wall-to-wall carpeting! Today, everyone replaces their wall-to-wall carpeting with hardwood floors. Go figure.

When was the last time you heard the quaint phrase 'in a family way?' It's hard to imagine that the word 'pregnant' was once considered a little too graphic, a little too clinical for use in polite company, so we had all that talk about stork visits and 'being in a family way' or simply 'expecting.'

Apparently, 'brassiere' is a word no longer in usage. I said it the other day and my daughter cracked up. I guess it's just 'bra' now. 'Unmentionables' probably wouldn't be understood at all.

I always loved going to the 'picture show,' but I considered 'movie' an affectation.

Most of these words go back to the '50s, but here's a pure '60s word I came across the other day 'rat fink.' Ooh, what a nasty put-down!

Here's a word I miss - 'percolator.' That was just a fun word to say. And what was it replaced with 'Coffee maker.' How dull... Mr. Coffee, I blame you for this.

I miss those made-up marketing words that were meant to sound so modern and now sound so retro. Words like 'DynaFlow' and ’Electrolux.' Introducing the 1963 Admiral TV, now with 'SpectraVision!'

Food for thought. Was there a telethon that wiped out lumbago? Nobody complains of that anymore. Maybe that's what 'Castor oil' cured, because I never hear mothers threatening kids with Castor oil anymore.

Some words aren't gone, but are definitely on the endangered list. The one that grieves me most is 'supper.' Now everybody says 'dinner.' Save a great word. Invite someone to supper. Discuss fender skirts.

Someone forwarded this to me. I thought some of us of a 'certain age' would remember most of these.

Just for fun, pass it along to others of 'a certain age.'

IF YOU AREN'T OF A CERTAIN AGE, YOU MUST KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good morning everyone!

I'm here for the Survivor Pool

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning fellow Canucks!

Yes, I heard we had a dandy thunderstorm last night. Too bad I was in a deep sleep. I didn't hear a thing.

Lee03
    Sorry to hear about your brother in law.

Well folks, good luck in scoring some Springsteen tickets and I hope you all have a great day!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Guten morgen Qsters.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

morning Q-sters
    finally got some rain here...maybe more this afternoon

Good luck phoning in for Bruce tix!!!

Thread Information