User Tag List

Page 4798 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 3798 4298 4698 4748 4788 4796 4797 4798 4799 4800 4808 4848 4898 5298 5798 ... LastLast
Results 71,956 to 71,970 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No snow yet in the Telephone city...

Enjoy the rest of the night

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've decided to stay home from Iaido class this evening...considering that it's at the JCCC at DVP and Wynford...
    It's quite possible that the highways would be problem free, but also quite possible that someone with baldy tires will manage to take out a few fellow travellers and turn the road into a parking lot...

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

it's a slippery one out there tonight.
    it's been snowing for a couple of hours here. attitash and mcskier should be having a blast!
    Andit, 22hicks, alohamom and 8 others like this.

Believe In Who You Are Spartacus's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    it's a slippery one out there tonight.
    it's been snowing for a couple of hours here. attitash and mcskier should be having a blast!
    WE PROBABLY WON'T HEAR FROM THEM FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS. WITH ALL OF THEIR EXCITEMENT THEY BOTH MAY MAKE THE SNOW WHITER. JUST SAYIN'!!!!!!
    Another day in the Colliseum with the Gladiators YAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe In Who You Are Spartacus's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Goodnight my q friends going to crash.!!!!!! Sweet dreams.
    Another day in the Colliseum with the Gladiators YAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Slow Travel, but Uneventful & Safe.

10x Minutes into my Travel and I Passed by the Remnants of a Tripple-Banger.
    Front Quarter-Panel was Ripped Off of 1x Car. Everyone seemed OK, though.

That was the "Worst" that I Saw.

Except for the Doofus in a Capped Pickup Truck that was Fishtailing up a Slope with Tires a Spinnin'.
    Car right behind it doing the same. Barely moving Forward.
    Everyone just Casually went around them.

And THAT is "Why" we put Snow Tires on in the Winter.

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by the H team View Post
    rodent is prepared for the weather. she packed a bag with 2 pair of wool socks, 2 scarves, 5 pairs of mitts, blankie, a hat, water, snack bars, new batteries for flash light. also in the car are jumper cables, tire traction tracks, washer fluid, oil & not sure what else. it can storm all it wants & she is prepared for everything.
    That is great!!! It's better to have everything and not need to use it, than not have it and need it....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Honouring natural selection's most baffling creations. Go home, evolution, you are drunk.

http://wtfevolution.tumblr.com/

I love the running commentary.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Night all.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfDio View Post
    Slow Travel, but Uneventful & Safe.

10x Minutes into my Travel and I Passed by the Remnants of a Tripple-Banger.
    Front Quarter-Panel was Ripped Off of 1x Car. Everyone seemed OK, though.

That was the "Worst" that I Saw.

Except for the Doofus in a Capped Pickup Truck that was Fishtailing up a Slope with Tires a Spinnin'.
    Car right behind it doing the same. Barely moving Forward.
    Everyone just Casually went around them.

And THAT is "Why" we put Snow Tires on in the Winter.
    It was a very emotional day for me..... my son called me at about 5:30 when I was still at w*rk.... He asked if his fiance had talked to me, and I said "yes" thinking that he was talking about his surprise dinner out tonight.... that was NOT what he was referring to.... he's fine, but he was involved in a small fender bender on the way home from w*rk tonight.... (he w*rks 4.5 kms from home...) there was a car coming towards him that spun out (on a bend in the road), and the car in front of my son hit the car that spun out... my son "tapped" the car in front of him.... there was only a little damage to my son's bumper and hood (he figures about $500.00 - $600.00), but his slight "tap" to the other car took out the back window and door... He thinks that the other cars will be written off because of their age... they all followed each other to the reporting centre near the house (but he took pictures of their license plates before they left the scene....) My son is taking his car to the body shop tomorrow to get their opinion....

On the way to his celebratory dinner, I got a message from my best friend that her father passed away early this morning.... I'm so sad for her... they were all over at my house for Christmas eve last year and he seemed so positive about his "c" treatments.... Unfortunately he went downhill quickly last week and lost the battle at 6:00 am.... I can't even be here to support my bf - since I'm sure the funeral will be early next week... I feel horrible...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh Lee, I'm sorry to hear that. Even if you can't be there in person you are still with her.

Wolfie, I was doing the fishies too but it was because the morons in front of me decided not to go fast enough up the hill so my car having rear wheel needs more tourque to get up and so because I wasn't able to go fast enough I fishied a few times. That's why I've rocks in my trunk and keep a full tank in winter conditions since the weight helps.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How bad will the snowstorms be?

(courtesy: JC Chiasson)
    Chris Scott, Meteorologist, The Weather Network

February 7, 2013 — Toronto’s biggest snowfall in years. Boston’s biggest snowstorm ever. These are the headlines for the storm taking shape across eastern North America.

The marriage of a plucky Midwestern U.S. low and a sultry Carolina system will create a powerful Nor’Easter on Friday.
    This is certain to be a high impact storm for millions in Canada and the U.S.
    Southern Ontario’s snow will come courtesy of the Midwest U.S. low which is tracking toward Lake Erie. Like many storms that take such a track, this one will feature warm air that will move over top of cold air, creating the set-up for a period of freezing rain in extreme southwestern Ontario and along the north shore of Lake Erie into the pre-dawn hours of Friday.
    However, the key difference is that this low will slow down as the courtship (in meteorology we call it ‘phasing’) with the Carolina system starts to occur on Friday.
    The slowing of the system, and eventual union with the east coast low, means two things:
    First, the warm air won’t make it far enough north to spare places like Toronto from a pure snow storm.
    Second, it will snow for a longer period of time than usual with this type of system.
    All this adds up to a substantial snowfall from Lake Huron/Georgian Bay to Lake Ontario and the Seaway.
    While the wind won’t be as strong as in some storms, snowfall amounts will likely exceed 20 cm in many places by the time the snow tapers off later Friday. The fireworks really being Friday evening as the merged lows explode off Cape Cod.
    Winds gusting over 100 km/h will accompany heavy snow in much of coastal New England. Boston is in the crosshairs of this storm – while it is likely to be substantial for Toronto, it’s more like paralytic for Boston.
    Winds will also be strong for the Maritimes as the storm builds in overnight Friday. Snowfall amounts will be impressive, 20-30 cm in much of Nova Scotia, but likely not substantially more than some of the higher totals in southern Ontario.
    It’s New England that will feel the peak intensity of the storm with potentially historic snowfall amounts that should easily exceed 50 cm.

Big storm on track to hammer Hamilton, Environment Canada says (Or Hammer the Hammer )

Environment Canada maintained its winter storm warning Thursday night for Hamilton and much of southern Ontario, a region extending from London through to Peterborough.
    Although the snow was light in Hamilton Thursday evening, Environment Canada continued to forecast 10 centimetres for the city overnight and another 15 cm to come on Friday.
    The storm is the combination of two weather systems that merged in the eastern United States. Many cities in the northeast corridor are expecting blizzard conditions on Friday. Parts of New England are predicting accumulations of up to 60 cm and Boston could see nearly a metre of snow before the storm ends.
    Nearly 3,000 flights in the U.S. had been cancelled as of Thursday evening due to the storm.
    The weather conditions are expected to move through Ontario on Friday. The storm will bring heavy snowfall from south-western through to eastern Ontario, parts of Quebec and Eastern Canada.
    "The heaviest snow will occur during the Friday morning rush hour along the Highway 401 corridor from London to the Greater Toronto Area and through the Golden Horseshoe," Environment Canada said.
    The city of Hamilton has issued a Winter Storm Warning, and says its website will provide winter control updates by 9 a.m., 12 p.m., 4 p.m., and 11 p.m. over the next two days.
    The Golden Horseshoe region could receive its most significant snowfall in five years, according to CBC meteorologist Claire Martin.
    "It's been a long time since we've seen a snowfall this heavy," said CBC meteorologist Jay Scotland. "And we're not just looking at snow. Things will be really bad in terms of visibility for Friday morning."
    Environment Canada warned commuters that blowing snow could make for hazardous travelling conditions Thursday night and Friday, with strong easterly winds, freezing rain and ice pellets possible over southwestern Ontario.
    Snowclearing under scrutiny

The heavy snow predicted for the region has some Hamiltonians wondering how well the snow plow crews will cope. Scorn was heaped upon Hamilton's snowclearing staff in December when several city side streets went unplowed for hours, even days, following a heavy snowfall.
    'If the storm proceeds as forecasted, we will be activating the entire [snow clearing] fleet.'—Darrell Smith, manager of roads and maintenance
    Coun. Sam Merulla called for a refund from private plows after receiving “hundreds” of public complaints about the state of city streets. This time, Merulla is hoping for a better result.
    “Based on the reports and updates from city staff, we've identified the problems from the fiasco during the Christmas break,” he said.
    “The proof will be in the execution from the next 48 hours.”
    The city's manager of roads and maintenance, Darrell Smith, told CBC Hamilton that, "We have taken the time between the last snow event and this one to make sure that the service gaps experienced in December will not be experienced now."
    Smith added that 105 city-owned snowclearing vehicles and another 330 contracted plows are ready to go. "If the storm proceeds as forecasted, we will be activating the entire fleet."
    The City will clear "Priority 1" roads first, such as the Lincoln M. Alexander Parkway, Red Hill Valley Parkway, escarpment crossings, and arterial roads.
    The city asks that Hamilton residents clear the sidewalks in front of their homes and businesses, and:

• Park vehicles off the street where possible.
    • Check for Snow Route, No Stopping and No Parking signs when parking on streets.
    • Take public transit (visit the HSR website for information on fares, schedules and connections with GO Transit and Burlington Transit).
    • If you must drive, give yourself more time to reach your destination. Always drive according to weather and road conditions.
    • Keep tuned in to a local radio station to listen for a possible snow emergency to be declared later.

Residents can report unplowed streets 24 hours after the snow has stopped falling by calling 905-546-2489 or e-mailing [email protected].
    The Hamilton fire department is also asking residents to clear away the snow around fire hydrants. "A delay caused by a hydrant buried in a snow drift can significantly impact efforts to save lives and minimize property damage," the department said in a statement Thursday.
    It added that vent pipes from furnaces and hot water heaters can easily be buried in snow drifts, and although built in safety features should cause a furnace to shut down if the vent is blocked, carbon monoxide build-ups may still occur prior to the shut-down.
    "Citizens with direct vent appliances — high/mid-efficiency furnaces and some natural gas water heaters — are asked to check their vent pipes and remove all snow from around the pipes."
    Potential disruptions

Even with the snowplows on the streets, a major snowfall will make for a difficult Friday morning rush-hour commute anywhere along the Highway 401 corridor from London to the GTA and through the Golden Horseshoe.
    GO trains and buses were experiencing delays Thursday night. For the latest route information, see the Go Transit service update page.
    The Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board and the Catholic School Board say they won't make decisions about school and bus cancellations until early Friday morning, once the storm's impact has been evaluated.
    The City of Hamilton says the storm may disrupt waste collection on Friday. It says that due to the storm, residents don't have to put their garbage out tomorrow — even if waste collection goes ahead, limits will be waived for the areas affected on the next garbage pickup on Feb. 15.
    Pearson International Airport has posted a weather alert on its website, warning that those scheduled to travel on Friday should check the status of their flight before leaving for the airport. Even if the runways are cleared in Toronto, other airports in Canada and the U.S. may be snowed in.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  563816_10151294854133549_490671618_n.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  36.9 KB

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hope everyone enjoyed their day.

I spent the afternoon reliving a few weeks of my youth by watching tales of the potato famine (aka Manions of America). I do miss miniseries...and the eye candy in them.

Tonight I was at the theatre watching the George Brown students in A Fond Husband. The patrons were wonderful considering it was nearly 3 hrs long and the weather was not cooperative. It helped that the show was very good.

Off to see what I missed in SC land.

Night all.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee03 View Post
    It was a very emotional day for me..... my son called me at about 5:30 when I was still at w*rk.... He asked if his fiance had talked to me, and I said "yes" thinking that he was talking about his surprise dinner out tonight.... that was NOT what he was referring to.... he's fine, but he was involved in a small fender bender on the way home from w*rk tonight.... (he w*rks 4.5 kms from home...) there was a car coming towards him that spun out (on a bend in the road), and the car in front of my son hit the car that spun out... my son "tapped" the car in front of him.... there was only a little damage to my son's bumper and hood (he figures about $500.00 - $600.00), but his slight "tap" to the other car took out the back window and door... He thinks that the other cars will be written off because of their age... they all followed each other to the reporting centre near the house (but he took pictures of their license plates before they left the scene....) My son is taking his car to the body shop tomorrow to get their opinion....

On the way to his celebratory dinner, I got a message from my best friend that her father passed away early this morning.... I'm so sad for her... they were all over at my house for Christmas eve last year and he seemed so positive about his "c" treatments.... Unfortunately he went downhill quickly last week and lost the battle at 6:00 am.... I can't even be here to support my bf - since I'm sure the funeral will be early next week... I feel horrible...
    Oh No...
    I am Saddened by this Unfortunate News.

$500... even $1000... is a small Price, compared to what we are all Thankful for not Happening and being a Tragic Topic.
    I am SORRY that these Events have Possibly Marred an Otherwise Joyous Celebration.

My Heart Breaks at the Word of that little "c" Sending Home another Angel.
    It Never seems "Fair"... nor shall it EVER!!!!!!!!
    There Might be "Reason", but none that I can Personally Fathom.

I have nothing but the Greatest Respect (and my Soul is left in Awe) for Those that Battle this little piece of evil... and then Stand Strong in it's Wake.
    I HATE "it" when there is an Unfair Battle... Virtually Sucker-Punching a Tiny, Gentle Soul... and then spitting on Family and Friends.

My Thoughts and Prayers shall be Whispered on the Winds for the Family and Their Friends.

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Thread Information