User Tag List

Page 9872 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 8872 9372 9772 9822 9862 9870 9871 9872 9873 9874 9882 9922 9972 10372 10872 ... LastLast
Results 148,066 to 148,080 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For mechman

Waking up and realize today is your first day starting retirement..

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialChopShop702/videos/586216721542827/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Imagine having this visionary as your high school principal:

We watched high school principal Dennis Prager, along with the Govenor General and Peter Mansbridge on TV a couple of weeks ago.... What a dynamic, down to earth speaker. Even though the Governor General and Mansbridge were also guest speakers they did little but nod and agree with him. This is the man who should be running for our next Prime Minister.

A Speech Every Canadian High School Principal Should Give.
    By Dennis Prager .

To the students and faculty of our high school:

I am your new principal, and honored to be so. There is no greater calling than to teach young people.

I would like to apprise you of some important changes coming to our school. I am making these changes because I am convinced that most of the ideas that have dominated public education in Canada have worked against you, against your teachers and against our country.

First, this school will no longer honor race or ethnicity. I could not care less if your racial makeup is black, brown, red, yellow or white. I could not care less if your origins are African, Latin American, Asian or European, or if your ancestors arrived here on slave ships. The only identity I care about, the only one this school will recognize, is your individual identity -- your character, your scholarship, your humanity. And the only national identity this school will care about is Canadian.

This is a Canadian public school, and Canadian public schools were created to make better Canadians. If you wish to affirm an ethnic, racial or religious identity through school, you will have to go elsewhere. We will end all ethnicity, race and non-Canadian nationality-based celebrations. They undermine the motto of Canada, one of its three central values -- E pluribus unum, "from many, one." And this school will be guided by Canadian values. This includes all after-school clubs. I will not authorize clubs that divide students based on any identities. This includes race, language, religion, sexual orientation or whatever else may become in vogue in a society divided by political correctness.

Your clubs will be based on interests and passions, not blood, ethnic, racial or other physically defined ties. Those clubs just cultivate narcissism -- an unhealthy preoccupation with the self -- while the purpose of education is to get you to think beyond yourself. So we will have clubs that transport you to the wonders and glories of art, music, astronomy, languages you do not already speak, carpentry and more. If the only extracurricular activities you can imagine being interested in are those based on ethnic, racial or sexual identity, that means that little outside of yourself really interests you.

Second , I am uninterested in whether English is your native language. My only interest in terms of language is that you leave this school speaking and writing English as fluently as possible. The English language has united Canadian citizens for over 150 years, and it will unite us at this school. It is one of the indispensable reasons this country of immigrants has always come to be one country. And if you leave this school without excellent English language skills, I would be remiss in my duty to ensure that you will be prepared to successfully compete in the Canadian job market. We will learn other languages here — it is deplorable that most Canadians only speak English/French — but if you want classes taught in your native language rather than in English/French, this is not your school.

Third , because I regard learning as a sacred endeavor , everything in this school will reflect learning's elevated status. This means, among other things, that you and your teachers will dress accordingly. Many people in our society dress more formally for red-carpet events than for church or school. These people have their priorities backward. Therefore, there will be a formal dress code at this school.

Fourth , no obscene language will be tolerated anywhere on this school's property -- whether in class, in the hallways or at athletic events. If you can't speak without using the f -word, you can't speak. By obscene language I mean the words banned by the Federal Government, plus epithets such as "Nigger," even when used by one black student to address another black, or "," even when addressed by a girl to a girlfriend. It is my intent that by the time you leave this school, you will be among the few your age to instinctively distinguish between the elevated and the degraded, the holy and the obscene.

Fifth , we will end all self-esteem programs. In this school, self-esteem will be attained in only one way -- the way people attained it until decided otherwise a generation ago -- by earning it. One immediate consequence is that there will be one valedictorian, not eight.

Sixth , and last, I am reorienting the school toward academics and away from politics and propaganda. No more time will be devoted to scaring you about smoking and caffeine, or terrifying you about sexual harassment or global warming. No more semesters will be devoted to condom wearing and teaching you to regard sexual relations as only or primarily a health issue... There will be no more attempts to convince you that you are a victim because you are not white, or not male, or not heterosexual or not Christian. We will have failed if any one of you graduates this school and does not consider him or herself inordinately fortunate — to be alive and to be a Canadian.

Now, please stand and join me in singing “O Canada" & to the flag of our country. As many of you may not know the words, your teachers will hand them out to you..

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good afternoon, everyone.

Had a fun weekend of doing nothing (well, actually, it involved the usual touristy stuff in my neighbourhood - drinking sake, beer & convincing lost tourists to try to local brew ).

Yesterday's appt with the oncologist went a bit better than I hoped. The bad news is that the cancer has spread to the bones (already suspected, last week's catscan confirmed it). The good news is that the infection is cleared up, my Mom's in better shape than the last time the Dr saw her, & a modified chemo will start next week (she can't have full chemo - it's too much for her - but at least they're finally doing something and there is a plan in place).

Better get going and start figuring out dinner for the brats (well, for the human too, but we know where my priorities lie ).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post

Had a fun weekend of doing nothing (well, actually, it involved the usual touristy stuff in my neighbourhood - drinking sake, beer & convincing lost tourists to try to local brew ).

Yesterday's appt with the oncologist went a bit better than I hoped. The bad news is that the cancer has spread to the bones (already suspected, last week's catscan confirmed it). The good news is that the infection is cleared up, my Mom's in better shape than the last time the Dr saw her, & a modified chemo will start next week (she can't have full chemo - it's too much for her - but at least they're finally doing something and there is a plan in place).

Better get going and start figuring out dinner for the brats (well, for the human too, but we know where my priorities lie ).

Wishing you the best Andit. Our prayers are with you.
    kenrod, WolfDio, Lee03 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So sorry about your mom andi......

A beautiful day here at The Bend. Sunny and warm. Water cool going in but much better than Lake Ontario. Glad to hear you ve enjoyed it here too habs, my parents used to bring us here in the summer years ago and I ve gone camping at the Pinery many times as well as coming here to Grand Bend, great place! We ve come back to the house to eat, then heading down to see the sunset, L ake Huron is known for its sunsets......

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post

sorry your mom's disease has progressed so quickly, andi.
    22hicks, rockit, kenrod and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.Name:  cc15960e84e1c75a8cf587a0548102f1.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  18.2 KB

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  snoopy-good-morning-happy-wednesday-pictures-photos-and-images-for-YGgIT1-quote.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  41.7 KB
    22hicks, rockit, kenrod and 8 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 242
Size:  60.2 KB

In celebration of Canada Day, Canada’s very own Iceberg Vodka is giving away 1000 Loonies to a lucky Q107 listener!
    Look for Iceberg Vodka at the Q107 Canada Day Picnic on July 1st at Woodbine Park where they be serving Canada’s cocktail the Caesar!
    Iceberg is Canada’s vodka. It is the only national vodka that is 100% Canadian-owned and operated. It’s made with iceberg water, the purest water on the planet, harvested from icebergs off the coast of Newfoundland.
    Head to the LCBO to save a Loonie off a 750mL bottle or a free can of Mott’s Clamato Caesar Mix when you buy a 1.75L bottle.
    Must be 19+. Please enjoy responsibly.
    No purchase necessary to enter.
    Scroll down to enter.

http://www.q107.com/contest/13938/enterContest

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  35324800-Wednesday-word-on-wood-rubber-stamps-stack-on-sunny-beach-with-beautiful-blue-ocean-vie.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  36.4 KB

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Hump Day Q sters,

Another beautiful day. This is what summer's all about. Keep up the good work!

Sorry to hear about the spread of your Mum's cancer, that sucks. Glad that the infection has cleared up & she's doing better. Thoughts & prayers are with you both.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Another postal strike looming.

Postal Workers Set to Strike July 2nd
    A potential strike or lockout is looming at Canada Post. Members of the Canadian Union of Postal Workers will be in a legal position to walk off the job July 2nd.

At the same time, the crown corporation will also be in a legal position to lock out postal workers. Many Canadians began receiving notices in some of their bills this month warning them about a work stoppage and to make alternate plans in order to avoid late fees.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Now that's HOT!

Did You Know?
    The typical bolt of lightning heats the atmosphere to 50,000 degrees Fahrenheit.

22hicks, rockit, kenrod and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Las Vegas, a hockey city?????

NHL Board of Governors Expected to Approve Las Vegas Expansion Bid
    It’s a big day for hockey fans in Las Vegas... if there are any. The NHL board of governors is meeting today to vote on whether to expand the league to 31 teams.

And it appears they've already decided to bet on Las Vegas and pass on Quebec City. The Associated Press reported last week that the league’s executive committee will recommend to the board to accept the Las Vegas bid.

The franchise is expected to begin play in the 2017-18 season. Prospective owner Bill Foley will need to pay a US$500-million expansion fee to the NHL, which hasn’t expanded since 2000.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Blue Jays Lose to D-Backs, Estrada Sets MLB Record
    Yasmany Tomas and Peter O'Brien both hit home runs as the Arizona Diamondbacks held off the Toronto Blue Jays for a 4-2 win on Tuesday night.

Marco Estrada and three relievers held Arizona to just three hits on the night but still came away with the interleague loss.

Despite the loss, Estrada set a MLB record, becoming the first pitcher to record 11 straight starts of six innings or more while giving up five hits or less.
    22hicks, rockit, kenrod and 5 others like this.

Thread Information