User Tag List

Page 940 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 440 840 890 930 938 939 940 941 942 950 990 1040 1440 1940 ... LastLast
Results 14,086 to 14,100 of 176703
Like Tree1334442Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Just got an update on my friend.

The good news is that she's coming home for the weekend. They're either taking pity on her or don't want a patient who wants to get ready to face the world at 5am.

The bad news is that it's definitely cancer & she has to have her bladder removed in the next week or so.

Please keep the prayers & good thoughts coming. This lady is one of the sweetest people I know.

Thanks so much for caring, everyone. I really am lucky to have met so many nice folks here.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post

The good news is that she's coming home for the weekend. They're either taking pity on her or don't want a patient who wants to get ready to face the world at 5am.

The bad news is that it's definitely cancer & she has to have her bladder removed in the next week or so.

Please keep the prayers & good thoughts coming. This lady is one of the sweetest people I know.

Thanks so much for caring, everyone. I really am lucky to have met so many nice folks here.

Oh andit big hugs to you for being such an amazing person and a bear hug for your friend!!!! You are really the kindest person ever!!! Tell her 5am is great and to take it easy, I'm sure you'll be doting on her this weekend... Spoiled like the extended furry family.
    XOXO We are so lucky to have someone like you touch our lives

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post

All my love girl and give your friend a big hug from me and my prayers are with her ..

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

O.M.G. what was the designer of this ride thinking

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Who needs a bed anyway ... a form of funny sleeping pics ..a bit like PLANKING

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mmmme... View Post

I was horrified the first time and every time after this ad is shown.
    My daughter mutes the sound or changes the channel whenever it appears
    I have no idea who they surveyed for this shoot or if they actually did....
    however, I do not know anyone woman who behaves in this manner.
    I looked for the actual clip and could not find it.

"Well, you’d think it’d be mostly men who do these horrible things but you’ll be very surprised that women aren’t much better. The folks at Sun Products Corporation recently conducted a national survey for their Sunlight® Deep Clean™ laundry detergent to learn more about the habits and dirty laundry secrets of Canadian women across the country. And the results1 are surprising. Here are a few dirty facts…
    The survey found that more than one third (36%) of Canadian women admit to going a month without changing their bed sheets and another third wait until jeans are visibly dirty before they are washed (31%)
    Almost half (46%) have fished clothes out of the dirty laundry basket to wear again
    26 per cent of respondents only wash pants, skirts or dresses when they become visibly dirty
    14 per cent admit to wearing the same socks for several days in a row.
    One per cent of women surveyed wait until underwear/underpants are visibly dirty before they are washed

Consider those things against the fact that Sunlight ® research has shown that regular laundry detergent might get rid of the everyday dirt and stains you can see, but even the leading detergent can leave behind body oils and sweat that can get trapped deep inside the fibres of clothing, towels and linens. Your ‘clean’ clothes may not be truly clean. Um, I shower at minimum three times a day because I’m a neurotic freak. Learning these things makes me itchy. "
    Good morning all.

I was catching up on the posts last night and I thought I would play devil's advocate for fun.

TRICKS OF THE TRADE
    SEPTEMBER 2, 2010
    The Jeans Care Secret: Rarely Wash Them
    By CHERYL LU-LIEN TAN

Carl Chiara, director of brand concepts and special projects for Levi Strauss & Co., is among the growing number of jeans enthusiasts who believe in washing them as little as possible.

Mr. Chiara, who says he wears jeans every day in both work and social situations, believes that "the less people wash their jeans, the better their jeans become. Denim really does shape to people's bodies, and when you wash a jean you lose some of that shape."

He doesn't like to put his jeans in a washing machine because agitating the denim makes the fibers on the cotton fabric swell and "bloom." That in turn causes the yarns to tense up and actually get shorter, shrinking the jeans. This also mars the "open" look of the denim, Mr. Chiara says. The color may fade or change as well.

He also avoids heat—using hot water on his jeans or throwing them in a dryer—to protect the quality of the jean, he says.

So does he dry clean his jeans? No, because he doesn't like them coming back stiff—and perhaps with a center crease if they get pressed like trousers. "The jeans should take on your personal day-to-day life and look like you," he says. For example, his own jeans bear the weathered marks of his keys, which he keeps in his front pocket, and his bag, which tends to rub against his upper thigh.

This is not to say that Mr. Chiara doesn't ever clean the 15 pairs of jeans that he owns. He gently spot-cleans spills with a damp sponge and "whatever is under the kitchen sink—usually Windex or 409."

At the end of each day, he hangs his jeans on a hook in his bathroom. When he takes a shower, the steam "freshens [the jeans] up a little bit," he says. He prefers hanging jeans by a belt loop to preserve their shape.

After six months of wearing a pair of jeans, Mr. Chiara does a comprehensive cleaning; his method could also be used by those who like to wash their jeans more often. Usually, he fills a bathtub to about six inches with room-temperature water and adds two tablespoons of Dr. Bronner's Magic Liquid Soap, which he likes because it is mild. Then, he immerses the jeans in the tub, laying them flat.

Sometimes, with dark jeans, he'll add 1/8 cup of white vinegar to the water. "The vinegar sets the indigo and keeps it from fading," he says.

Mr. Chiara is careful not to scrub the jeans or move them around vigorously. He just lets them soak for 20 minutes before hanging them by the belt loops to drip dry. While letting the jeans air-dry, he may slip a "woodsy" scented sachet of potpourri into the jeans as he lays them flat.

If it's sunny out, Mr. Chiara sometimes likes to wear the jeans when they're "almost completely dry" and sit in the sun. "This final phase of drying them out on my body helps the jeans take on my shape," he says.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...044100428.html

And....

Student wears unwashed jeans for 15 months
    Published On Wed Jan 19 2011
    John Cotter
    The Canadian Press

EDMONTON—A University of Alberta student has discovered through science that a current fashion trend is safe, but can be a little stinky.

Josh Le donned the same pair of skin-tight jeans for 15 months without washing them. The idea was to break in the raw denim so the fabric would hug the contours of his body, leaving distinct wear lines and creases.

Curious about the health risks of wearing such a grubby garment, Le asked his textile professor to test the jeans for bacteria before he washed them for the first time.

The results showed high counts of five different kinds of bacteria in the denim, but nothing that posed a health hazard.

“I was blown away. I thought there would be a lot more bacteria than was present,” Le said Wednesday. “It sort of shows that it is okay to not wash jeans.”

Raw or dry denim is not washed or treated with chemicals when it is manufactured. The dark indigo pants are as stiff as cardboard. It’s trendy to wear the tight jeans without washing them in the hope the indigo will wear away at stress points in the fabric. When the jeans are finally washed, they leave wear patterns that are as personal as a fingerprint.

Human Ecology professor Rachel McQueen said the highest recordings of bacteria were found in the crotch of the jeans at 10,000 units per square centimetre, with lower readings in the back and front of the pants.

But the colonies were normal skin bacteria and did not include dangerous E. coli.

“I didn’t see any evidence of those, but that could be very unique to Josh. I mean, he wore underwear, which can be helpful,” she said.

Le said some of his friends were disgusted by his jeans experiment, but others were very understanding.

He said his dingy denim even became a good way of meeting new people.

“Some people really liked it, but some people were completely grossed out by it,” he said. “I was able to meet a lot more people and have a lot of good conversations. It was like, ‘hey, nice jeans.’ ”

Despite his best efforts to keep his jeans clean, Le said he still managed to spill food on them. He also wore them on hot days. He figures he wore them well over 200 times during the experiment.

He acknowledged the denim did get pretty ripe. His solution was to toss them in his freezer whenever they got too smelly.

“There were times when it had a bad odour, like in the seventh month,” Le said. “That’s when I threw it in the freezer and magically when it came out it was odourless.”

McQueen said what was most surprising was a second test she did on the jeans after they were washed and Le wore them again for another 13 days. The results were about the same.

She said while the bacteria didn’t pose a risk for a healthy, strong young person, she recommends that people wash their jeans more often — at least once a month.

“I would suggest washing your jeans more frequently. But that is more for control over the odour,” she said.

“If people are just being lazy, perhaps odour could become a problem and they may lose friends rather than gain friends.”

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Happy Friday... I'm just not really feeling the Friday vibe today. Maybe I will perk up later. Hope you all have a great day. :O)
    Jonesy

Rock and Reggae Rules OK! tartanrocker's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee03 View Post
    My father (who will be 88 this November) never believed in wearing his seat belt.... I remember once when my kids were 6 and 4 we went to visit him in Florida and he took my kids to see the Easter Bunny. My son made sure his sister was buckled up (in her booster seat) and told my dad that he wasn't allowed to move the care before their seat belts were done up... (good kid).

It's amazing how they listen when you drill into them at an early age....
    ...if they only stayed at that age....my experience is when they become teenagers, all of your good training often goes by the wayside, sadly, as evidenced by the number of young people who get hurt by going thru the window of a car....
    .....my youngest "dude with the 'tude" tells me he doesn't need to buckle up, he trusts my driving....hey buddy, it isn't me that's the problem, you don't know WHAT the hell you are facing out there...new drivers, scared drivers, crazy mad speeding drivers, texting drivers....if he doesn't want to buckle up, I tell him to get out of the car....problem solved for this time, but I know his attitude follows him when he's in someone else's car....
    ...gawd, I shudder at the thought....TR
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

morning Q-mates
    thnx for the trivia and CG songs
    have a great friday

Rock and Reggae Rules OK! tartanrocker's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfDio View Post
    On the Flip-Side...
    My Dad would not Drive off unless all of His Passengers were Buckled Up.
    I follow the same Rule.
    ...yep...I used to tell the boys the car wouldn't go into drive, unless they buckled up...now THERE'S a safety feature worth looking into!!!...TR
    Orrabest, Orratime!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sleuth

The answer is "CHICHI" for Friday, September 9th.
    The previous answer was "INCULCATE".

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

CT is rocket man

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

cash track ===> rocket man

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Cash Track = Rocket man
    Last edited by jonesy; Fri, Sep 9th, 2011 at 09:45 AM.
    Jonesy

Thread Information