User Tag List

Page 1388 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 388 888 1288 1338 1378 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1398 1438 1488 1888 2388 ... LastLast
Results 20,806 to 20,820 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

cash grab is I LOve Rock and Roll

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by elmo57 View Post
    Hello everyone!

Aced the Sleuth again, also won the following:

Congratulations, you're on the Q107 guestlist to see Michael White & the White play Led Zeppelin I in its entirety at Sound Academy tomorrow!

Should be a GRAND show!

Let me know if anyone else is going that haven't received my special door prize yet and I'll make sure I'll bring extra.

Life is GRAND!!!!!
    Congratulations Ace .
    I received the invite too . Looking forward to the show .

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanx to all for the CG songs, trivia answers & reps.
    good nite to all.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't have the flight or hotel confirmations yet, but I know they've been booked.... hubby and I are going crazy trying to figure out the other 3 nights.... where we want to stay and what we want to do.... I'm going to try to contact our travel agent tomorrow to see if she can help us or make some recommendations.... it's tough to plan with such little notice.... 6 more sleeps!!!!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee03 View Post
    I don't have the flight or hotel confirmations yet, but I know they've been booked.... hubby and I are going crazy trying to figure out the other 3 nights.... where we want to stay and what we want to do.... I'm going to try to contact our travel agent tomorrow to see if she can help us or make some recommendations.... it's tough to plan with such little notice.... 6 more sleeps!!!!
    LOL!
    you're still on the ceiling, aren't you?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey All.

I've been thinking about the lack of 4 legged feet around here and doing some soul searching. It was about 5 years between my pre-Bailey dog and Bailey. Why did I wait so long? I wanted to be able to accept my "new" dog for itself without comparing against or judging it relative to my "old" dog. Once I got Bailey, I did one of those V8 things and made a mental note never to wait that long again. But how long is too long? How soon is too soon?

So, earlier this week I devised a plan. After talking with Hubby and Kidlet, they agreed that it seemed reasonable. After all, it was going to be a long haul to find a suitable candidate to meet my criteria:
    - rescue animal, not from a store or a breeder
    - young but not a puppy (puppies are very easy for shelters to adopt out)
    - energetic (best way to keep in shape is to own an energetic dog!!)
    - medium to large sized
    - would consider helping a dog overcome certain behavioural problems but not any medical issues (definitely cutting down the odds of a rescue with this one, but with what I've just gone through, I knew I just couldn't cope with medical problems - cop out maybe, but I have to be true to me too)
    - can't look like a Golden or have the colouring of a Golden (this one may may seem silly, but I know my own touch points and if I want to accept a new dog for itself and not judge it against Bailey, it can't look anything like Bailey)

The plan was simple, keep a watchful eye on a number of websites (Toronto Humane Society, York Region SPCA, a couple rescue orgs) and wait, wait and wait until a certain pup met the criteria.

I figured I'd be waiting a good long time. But, I'd defined my criteria and was prepared to stick it out for as long as it took for the right set of paws to come along.

On Wednesday, I started bookmarking websites so I could review them on a regular basis. I think someone was looking out for me ......

http://www.petango.com/Adopt/Dog-Shepherd-Collie-Rough-13826789

If you click the link, you will see that Percy's status is 'On Hold'. FOR US!! Well, I hope for us. Percy has some extreme anxiety and trust issues. We went down to visit him today and he is fine animal. And as much as the THS is a wonderful shelter, animals should not have to stay there any longer than need to (What say you eCat?)

He eventually warmed to us, but you can tell he has bonded with some of the staff and they are now his safety net. It would be cruel to just uproot him. So, we'll go back a few times to see if he is can become more comfortable with us - maybe we'll be able to win his trust too.

Tomorrow I'm skipping out of work early to be able to spend more than just a few hours with him. I'm thinking of coating my hands in bacon grease before I see him. That outta help a bit!
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

night qt's

sleep well

Computer Techy at large! TO_Harley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    Hey All.

I've been thinking about the lack of 4 legged feet around here and doing some soul searching. It was about 5 years between my pre-Bailey dog and Bailey. Why did I wait so long? I wanted to be able to accept my "new" dog for itself without comparing against or judging it relative to my "old" dog. Once I got Bailey, I did one of those V8 things and made a mental note never to wait that long again. But how long is too long? How soon is too soon?

So, earlier this week I devised a plan. After talking with Hubby and Kidlet, they agreed that it seemed reasonable. After all, it was going to be a long haul to find a suitable candidate to meet my criteria:
    - rescue animal, not from a store or a breeder
    - young but not a puppy (puppies are very easy for shelters to adopt out)
    - energetic (best way to keep in shape is to own an energetic dog!!)
    - medium to large sized
    - would consider helping a dog overcome certain behavioural problems but not any medical issues (definitely cutting down the odds of a rescue with this one, but with what I've just gone through, I knew I just couldn't cope with medical problems - cop out maybe, but I have to be true to me too)
    - can't look like a Golden or have the colouring of a Golden (this one may may seem silly, but I know my own touch points and if I want to accept a new dog for itself and not judge it against Bailey, it can't look anything like Bailey)

The plan was simple, keep a watchful eye on a number of websites (Toronto Humane Society, York Region SPCA, a couple rescue orgs) and wait, wait and wait until a certain pup met the criteria.

I figured I'd be waiting a good long time. But, I'd defined my criteria and was prepared to stick it out for as long as it took for the right set of paws to come along.

On Wednesday, I started bookmarking websites so I could review them on a regular basis. I think someone was looking out for me ......

http://www.petango.com/Adopt/Dog-Shepherd-Collie-Rough-13826789

If you click the link, you will see that Percy's status is 'On Hold'. FOR US!! Well, I hope for us. Percy has some extreme anxiety and trust issues. We went down to visit him today and he is fine animal. And as much as the THS is a wonderful shelter, animals should not have to stay there any longer than need to (What say you eCat?)

He eventually warmed to us, but you can tell he has bonded with some of the staff and they are now his safety net. It would be cruel to just uproot him. So, we'll go back a few times to see if he is can become more comfortable with us - maybe we'll be able to win his trust too.

Tomorrow I'm skipping out of work early to be able to spend more than just a few hours with him. I'm thinking of coating my hands in bacon grease before I see him. That outta help a bit!

Hey Argo,
    I have to comment on your post re: Percy.
    I think it's wonderful that you are considering adopting from the Humane Society.
    My family and I adopted a rescue from them a couple of years ago - We first saw "Max" on CP24's Animal Housecalls. He was one of a litter that was rescued from a "breeder" that ran into trouble. The HS kept the pups and adopted them out to good homes. There was over 300 applications for 7 pups, and we were lucky enough to be one of the chosen few.
    We had lost our family dog at the age of 4 from cancer, and we waited the appropriate time to look at replacing her as well, so I know how hard that period is.
    I didn't want to turn this into a long story, so I will just say that all good things come to those who are patient, and I commend you for considering such a beautiful animal as a part of your family. Good luck, I know you will give Percy a good home.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Before they were Famous - WVOL
    Last edited by Babygirl1; Fri, Oct 21st, 2011 at 03:10 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It Was Legendary - James MacGillivray

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Who Said It? - Elaine

Thread Information