User Tag List

Page 1996 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 996 1496 1896 1946 1986 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 2006 2046 2096 2496 2996 ... LastLast
Results 29,926 to 29,940 of 176703
Like Tree1334442Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mechman47 View Post
    Redneck Fire Alarm

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    Watt's Restaurant was pretty good too. I had an old boyfriend break up with me there & then saying that he thought that we should both see other people. (ha!) Then he said that we could still go to the movies. What a terrible thing to do to a girl eh? I phoned my Dad & he came to pick me up. Thank heavens for Dads!
    I now live right down the hill behind the back entrance to the mall by Edge and Harris Park. Still not been to Watts although we've lived here 20 years!
    Last edited by The Jester; Sat, Jan 28th, 2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    Our exchange was Cherry (24). Every time I gave my phone number, I got hungry.

Ours was CANAL (22) for the Welland canal..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

2 down; 1 to go!!! Yippee.

Pup's (current) name is Ogee Doggie - so named because he is from the Oujé-Bougoumou Cree settlement near Chibougamau in La Belle Province.

He arrived at ARF on January 17 and was immediately taken into foster care. ARF does everything by foster. The more I read about them and after speaking with a variety of people involved in different capacities in the organization - those who volunteer their time and their homes to help these animals - I have to tell you that I am totally impressed. But I digress.

He is 16 weeks old; Dad is purebred Golden, Mom is a Golden/Collie cross. According to the Foster, he is almost house-trained (that is, he sits by the door when he wants to go out, he doesn't otherwise "tell" you, so you have to watch out for him sitting by the door - but hey, that's half the battle!!). He sleeps through the night with no need to go outside. He has lost his baby teeth but does not chew on anything but the things he should (whaaat? - I still have puppy teethmarks on my kitchen table and chairs from when Bailey was teething!!). Apparently he is like velcro and will follow you around the house. Then, as she was still regaling me with his fine traits and abilities, she said "in the spirit of full disclosure (my heart stopped), I should tell you that he still needs some work walking on a leash". (Heart started beating again).

Meet and Greet is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

I spent the day puppy-proofing the house, washing and setting up the crate, washing the bottom pad and all the extra flannels (I don't crate-train per se, I just have it as a safe place for the pup if he feels the need to have his own little cozy space). I also dug out a $10 off PetSmart coupon and hope to use it on the way home tomorrow once I find out what type of food he's eating now. I know what kind he will use on-going, but want to switch him to the new stuff gradually.

I really, really hope there's a reason to stop at PetSmart on the way home tomorrow!!
    Courage is not the absence of fear but acting in spite of it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pup's (current) name is Ogee Doggie - so named because he is from the Oujé-Bougoumou Cree settlement near Chibougamau in La Belle Province.

He arrived at ARF on January 17 and was immediately taken into foster care. ARF does everything by foster. The more I read about them and after speaking with a variety of people involved in different capacities in the organization - those who volunteer their time and their homes to help these animals - I have to tell you that I am totally impressed. But I digress.

He is 16 weeks old; Dad is purebred Golden, Mom is a Golden/Collie cross. According to the Foster, he is almost house-trained (that is, he sits by the door when he wants to go out, he doesn't otherwise "tell" you, so you have to watch out for him sitting by the door - but hey, that's half the battle!!). He sleeps through the night with no need to go outside. He has lost his baby teeth but does not chew on anything but the things he should (whaaat? - I still have puppy teethmarks on my kitchen table and chairs from when Bailey was teething!!). Apparently he is like velcro and will follow you around the house. Then, as she was still regaling me with his fine traits and abilities, she said "in the spirit of full disclosure (my heart stopped), I should tell you that he still needs some work walking on a leash". (Heart started beating again).

I spent the day puppy-proofing the house, washing and setting up the crate, washing the bottom pad and all the extra flannels (I don't crate-train per se, I just have it as a safe place for the pup if he feels the need to have his own little cozy space). I also dug out a $10 off PetSmart coupon and hope to use it on the way home tomorrow once I find out what type of food he's eating now. I know what kind he will use on-going, but want to switch him to the new stuff gradually.

I really, really hope there's a reason to stop at PetSmart on the way home tomorrow!!
    I am soooo Excited for You that I am almost in Tears!!!!
    My Fingers shall remain Crossed and and my Prayers Loud and True!!!!
    I can hardly wait for tomorrow to Hear Your News!!!!

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

You are dedicated, warm & so devoted to being a responsible doggy-momma. You give so much & I think your heart is so in the right place. You could hold seminars for potential pet owners & teach them how to just give a little love & reep the benefits. Some people are meant to be dog families & you are one of them.
    We only lasted for 6 long months without a dog & although they come with duties & responsibilites, the benefits are worth it.

I hope you'll be stopping at PetSmart!!

xx

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great day on the slopes. 5cm of snow fell during the day to keep things interesting. Winds picked up late in the afternoon. Back at it tomorrow.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chers1 View Post
    Garage party tonight.. lots of friends, food and beer.. come on over, help me ring in my 50th at midnight, never thought i'd see this day
    We are Glad that You did.

Computer Techy at large! TO_Harley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by The Jester View Post
    I now live right down the hill behind the back entrance to the mall by Edge and Harris Park. Still not been to Watts although we've lived here 20 years!
    Wow Jester - We're damn near neighbors!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

New device will detect infections, cancer in minutes

26/01/2012 8:02:29 PM

CBC News
    Toronto's medical community is buzzing about an invention that could change the way health professionals screen for infectious disease and cancer.

"We've been working on this, really, for about a decade," said Dr. Shana Kelley, a scientist at the University of Toronto.

Kelley spoke as she held a small black device her hand, shaped like a smartphone but bulkier, with a microchip inside that Kelley says can determine in 15 minutes if you have cancer or an infectious disease.

The device works with a blood sample or swab placed on a microchip. It then reads - and recognizes - certain types of cells.

Kelley says eventually there will be a disposable cartridge that contains the sample.

Instead of days, or sometimes weeks, before patients get their results, with the new machine they're ready in minutes.

For those on health care's front-lines, the promise of an early diagnosis means more lives can be saved.

"Infectious disease is the medical condition where rapid turnaround is maybe most critical and our chip, coupled with portable instrumentation, are good at providing very fast answers," Kelley said.

It could also save the health care system millions. In the case of detecting prostate cancer it means no more lengthy, costly and uncomfortable biopsies.

"I think it's superb and very exciting," said Dr. Robert Nam, an uro-oncologist at Sunnybrook Hospital, who believes Kelley and her team's invention will transform the medical community in Canada and abroad.

"We can identify patients with most lethal cancer...and, secondly, how about avoiding a biopsy?" he said.

Canada and the United States have invested millions and there's a European company that's jumped on board with more cash for this invention, which they hope will be in use in a couple of years.

Expectations are high.

"It will allow physicians out in the field, and I'm thinking public health physicians, to be able to assess patients right then and there," said Dr. Frances Jamieson, a medical microbiologist with Public Health Ontario. She highlighted tuberculosis as one possible disease the new device could diagnose faster.

http://news.sympatico.cbc.ca/health/...nutes/695f558f

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

evening Q sters,
    what a wild, windy, snowy caturday. went outside long enough to go to the library & get a couple of books. it wasn't too bad out there then. got to finish painting the rodent's room & the weather got crazier. wind picked up & the white stuff started coming down harder. later the wind seemed to stop & blue sky was showing up, then a few minutes later, i could hear the wind blowing again, looked out to see a blizzard coming down. glad to hear you had a great time in the slopes, attitash. have fun tomorrow.
    Garage party tonight.. lots of friends, food and beer.. come on over, help me ring in my 50th at midnight, never thought i'd see this day
    HEY, HAPPY HALF CENTURY, CHERS1!
    have a great time at the garage party.

this really great news, argo. still keeping fingers & toes crossed till you can bring him home.
    Last edited by the H team; Sat, Jan 28th, 2012 at 10:01 PM.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Argo: I too am available for adopt-da-dation.
    I have a pedigree and come from a fine stock
    of disagreeable Irish lobsters.
    I am cute and cuddly with women but hiss
    and snap at attention stealing men.
    I am almost house trained and come home most nights.
    I've had all my shots and even been shot at.
    Please adopt -date me soon as I am starved
    for affection and could use a nice steak too!
    Sincerely , R.L. , esq.
    @
    ;

Computer Techy at large! TO_Harley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rock lobster View Post
    Argo: I too am available for adopt-da-dation.
    I have a pedigree and come from a fine stock
    of disagreeable Irish lobsters.
    I am cute and cuddly with women but hiss
    and snap at attention stealing men.
    I am almost house trained and come home most nights.
    I've had all my shots and even been shot at.
    Please adopt -date me soon as I am starved
    for affection and could use a nice steak too!
    Sincerely , R.L. , esq.
    I get the feeling we should start a "lonely men's" group here?
    (And yes, that would include crustations and furry animals too.)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy 50th

Burning my way through another year!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did some classes for the James Bay Cree fire departments in Moose Factory in 2002, there was a guy there with a t-shirt with Oujé-Bougoumou Fire Rescue on the back. He wouldn't trade, unfortunately.

Thread Information