User Tag List

Page 10796 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 9796 10296 10696 10746 10786 10794 10795 10796 10797 10798 10806 10846 10896 11296 ... LastLast
Results 161,926 to 161,940 of 176703
Like Tree1334442Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Q VIP Concert Experience to see Guns N’ Roses

Enter to win the Q VIP Concert Experience to see Guns N’ Roses! You’ll win floor tickets to see the show on October 29th, pre-show dinner and luxury transportation!
    Click here for more details!

Believe In Who You Are Spartacus's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning my Q friends. Happy Thanksgiving Monday.
    Another day in the Colliseum with the Gladiators YAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Name:  dancing turkey.gif
Views: 95
Size:  216.1 KB

I want to wish each of you and your families a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  BF359A93-2626-408C-A891-D170CF261C6C.gif
Views: 91
Size:  71.1 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mechman47 View Post
    Happy Harvest!

Attachment 335849
    Getting mushy just looking at this harvest, better get a big mug of hot chocolate

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey peoples whats up

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did some motorcycle work today, only had a few parts left over.
    I'm sure they put them in there on purpose to freak people out.
    They were slowing me down any how.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Life can be far too short.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

Sorry for being awol for so long. Brats are fine, not to worry. Life has been a challenge, some ups, lots of downs, but, hey, we're still alive and kicking, and that's what counts. I'll post the less than happy moments here and do a separate post in my usual happy-go-lucky Andit way to emphasize the good things in my life. That way you can skip this post if you are not in the mood for unhappy thoughts.

Again, brats are fine, a few bumps with Lily dog (her bladder is not as youthful as it was, so we now have to have a bathroom break in the middle of the night - needless to say my sleep is wonky). Vet suggested an invasive test, but now that she's 14, I declined doing anything too drastic that might make her worse. At this point, I've managed to convince Lily that she looks pretty in doggie diapers and we're going out every 4ish hours, so my carpets are happier (she's also much more toned since we're going down several flights of stairs - up by elevator). Quincy cat is his usual kitty self. He was being a bit obnoxious when Lily dog was leaking on the carpets, but he's back to himself now. We had a little incident on a patio (new jr manager at a place we go to regularly decided that a cat in a purse is not allowed - I got annoyed at her attitude - I'm not usually one to complain, but she was downright rude - since there was a pigeon underneath his chair and birds on a table beside us). Long story short, sr manager who knows us straightened things out & Quincy is allowed back anytime his heart desires (he LOVES to people watch and is very chill, most people don't even notice he's there). I know not everyone likes cats, but his table is supposedly the least desireable one, a bit away from the others, on the edge of the patio, with a great view of everything, yet bothering no one.

Been to far too many funerals in the last little while, which has been trying (some folks older than me, some younger, sigh). Also lost a doggy neighbour who I'm really going to miss - she used to wander slowly on her walks until she saw me, then race over and throw herself in front of me - her owner and I used to joke that she looked like a bear-skin rug.

Even sadder, I've been playing shepherd to a few neighbours who have developed Alzheimers in the last year. It seems every time Lily dog and I go out for a walk, we find a lost neighbour who can't find their way home. One day, I came home from an appt and walked into the middle of a usually quiet and demure lady swearing and beating the daylights out of her care-giver - thankfully, I managed to calm her down by using an over-the-top happy tone when she tried to come at me (no repeats of that, so hopefully she now has meds to help).

In addition to breaking my toe (stupid stupid me, tripped over a certain someone's toy, sigh), I had a health scare - long story short, I had some invasive testing to rule out cancer (I had all the signs, thankfully, it was just my body being weird again).

Just getting over a nasty flu bug (I've been sick a few times this summer, but nothing like this). The last time I was this sick, I spent a week in hospital then another week in bed (8ish yrs ago). Worst of it was last Sat, when I was convinced I was swimming through blankets in a waterbed (yeah, I also thought I was standing up when I was lying face down in bed). I managed to stay out of hospital by doing all the things I had to (forcing fluids down, even tho they kept trying to come back up, blech). bff is, thankfully, now only a 5 minute walk from here, so D's been taking care of the critters, although poor Lily dog is a saint holding on for hours and not fussing over a wet diaper. Still too weak to go for walks (it takes a lot out of me to get from the bed to the couch, sigh), but I'm definitely on the mend.

I think that's it. Lots of happy things tho, which I'll post next.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

So, now that the unhappy post is over, time for good news.

My baby turned 14! Lily dog had a lovely birthday and is actually getting crazier, if that"s possible! Since the paralysis scare last year, I've been doing daily physio with my girl (I manipulate each leg, until she gives me the bored 'please-find-something-else-to-amuse-you' look). As I mentioned above, we do have an issue with leaks. Well, according to the number of commercials out there, so do a number of celebrities, so she's in good company. bff has made a fuss over how pretty she looks in her pretty sunshine yellow diaper, so she is now proud to wear it. I've also been taking her down several flights multiple times a day, so she is quite toned (I'm in better shape too - at least I was until I spent the last week in bed with the flu - I'm going to be hurting once I start up again).

My other baby - he of the cool patio hopping fame - just turned 11 (unfortunately, I slept through his b-day, so liver cake has to wait).

Had the time of my life at the Jaguar/Land Rover Experience (here as part of the Invictus Games celebrations). I chose to do a ride along instead of drive - I wanted to drive the Rover, but they didn't think me aggressive enough - think they were right, it was scary! You went around an obstacle course and sometimes the wheels were off the ground and if you don't get it right, the Rover will tumble. Hasn't yet, from what I understand, but I didn't want to be the one who broke their safety record.

Since there was a Jaguar component, I got a lovely drive at a very high speed on a convoluted course in a convertible. Man does that car handle smoothly. Tennis star Milos R was filming a live broadcast, so a few of us waiting in line got bumped (very sweet man, kept apologizing to us). When it was finally my turn, I think they wanted to make it up to us and gave us a little extra zing in the ride - I got thrown around like a rag doll...and loved every minute of it!

As usual, theatre is my life (well, partly). Picture This was a fun little screwball comedy paying homage to the silent films of the 20s. Waiting for Godot was one of those classics that when done well seems effortless - their production was brilliant. The only part that made me chuckle was the pronunciation of the name of the man of the hour (they kept saying God-oh, which made me think I was at Ontario Place waiting for Goddo to play ). Apparently, it was a play on words, since another character is Pots-oh, which is needed to create confusion among the leads. And, while I was the only person old enough working the show to get the Goddo reference, I had a few allies among the audience. I also got to see a lovely tribute to Leonard Cohen.

Back in the summer, we had a wonderful, er, play (you have to see it to understand - I call it a live action puppet show, literally actors in a black box with bright costumes and oversized props). It's a twisted take on various segments of Canadian history - this time they skewered Confederation. I took a couple of friends to see the play who are not usually theatre-goers. My hunch that they'd like it was right - they LOVED it. Sir John A MacDonald played a prominent role, of course, but a young Sir Wilfrid Laurier also made an appearance (with a fun reference to "sunny ways" that I had to explain to the 20 yr olds I hang out with).

So, other than pretending to be a stunt car driver, the real highlight of our last few months has been the addition of 2 new family members, Sir John & Wilfrid. Yes, I named them because of the play. I went to the pet store to get dog food and felt like someone was watching me. I couldn't shake the feeling and finally found my watcher.

A sweet little blue betta boy (the same shade of blue as the suit Sir W wore in the play) was in his little container, zigzagging like mad, on a shelf with several dozing fishies. So, while I was chatting with the little one (he wanted attention, could I really leave him there?), I got that same feeling of being watched. I thought a store clerk was wanting to come over to help, but no human in sight.

Then I spotted another shelf. Here we go again. One little burgundy boy (you guessed it, same shade as Sir John A's blazer) zigzagging like mad, while his shelf-mates were dozing. Great, how can I choose between 2 friendly little ones? Luckily, I had room enough for both (if I can give someone a happy home, why not).

Elder brats are oblivious to the really short ones, so no danger of overenthusiastic greetings there. The fish are very friendly - haven't tried teaching tricks (can bettas be taught tricks?), but both touch noses through their tanks and are very aware of breakfast and dinner times (they fit in well with the Labrador appetites around here!).

That's it for now. I tried uploading photos, but it's SC is less than co-operative right now (too much tryptophan in the air or did a roommate of mine drool turkey juice on the laptop? ).
    Off to bed. Again. Can't wait to shake this flu, so I can stay awake longer than 4 hours in a stretch.
    Night all.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

good morning, qts!

it sure is nice to see you back here andi! sounds like you've been busy! hope your good health continues for a long time now.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

the bull's eye jackpot is up to $8600 this morning. good luck!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

good morning

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Tuesday Q sters,
    Looks to be another beautiful day.
    Great to see you back Andit. Hope you feel better soon.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Thread Information