User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I was wondering...I'm gonna be a Mommy in december and I'm really thinking about stockpiling for diapers. (Must stay inside the budget or else..., we just bought a house and never really expected a surprise at the same time, we've been trying for soo long that we kinda gave up for the time being!!! LOL)

so what is the cheapest price for diapers that can be found in montreal..are there any warehouse???
    Which brand is the best and what to really avoid?

Thanks for the advice!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

First of all congrats on the new baby ..

My baby is now 16 years old but I`ll try and help you on this one. When my children where babies I used to cloth diaper. In the begining of the 90`s is was not very popular and people looked at me very weird for being so earth friendly and waky..

It saved me tones of money and at the same time I helped the environement. Having two children 18 months appart I chose to spend less and be nice to nature at the same time. I bought a few pakages of throw away diapers for when I visited family/friends but used cloths at home. Beleive me it`s the cheapest way to go.

It has it`s bad sides but if you`re looking into saving $$$ it`s the best way. Also if you are good with a sewing machine you can sew your own diapers and save even more. I made my own and laughed everytime I heard my sisters complain about the price of diapers
    Earn free points, get a chance to win a great contest.. Follow this link it's worth you time I swear

Or this link as well for Quebec residents..Free GC and more..

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Someone had recently posted on here about a diaper sale for no-name ones I think?? I can't remember the exact details... hmmmmmmm... let me check...

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/197172-...uggies-canada/

There is the link.

I've never had a problem with Pampers or Huggies, and always just bought what I found was the cheapest. You can get a good deal at Costco, but ONLY when they're on a good sale ($11 off). I know that I bought some Huggies at Zellers for cheap and had $3 off coupons at the time... Basically, just keep your eye on the flyers and your coupons and match them together... sorry there is no easy answer!!

The only thing better than saving money is VOLLEYBALL!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    137 (100%)

Congrats! I am due in September. Sign up for pampers and huggies Canada clubs. You will start to get coupons close to your due date. I have started my stockpile. Basically what I did was trade with people for their diaper coupons and then waited for a sale (you need to figure out the cost/ per diaper, then apply the coupon). I have found the best deals at pharmaprix and familiprix but you need to wait for the sale )usually around $11 for a bag, $13 for a box with coupons). Zellers has good promos too. I find the pampers coupons easier to find overall and they have the better price over huggies.

Look for mom shows like mom2be and parenting shows at the palais de la congres. they have booths that give out freebies. PM me if you want some more ideas or just would like to chat
    Tania

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by quebecqueen View Post
    First of all congrats on the new baby ..

My baby is now 16 years old but I`ll try and help you on this one. When my children where babies I used to cloth diaper. In the begining of the 90`s is was not very popular and people looked at me very weird for being so earth friendly and waky..

It saved me tones of money and at the same time I helped the environement. Having two children 18 months appart I chose to spend less and be nice to nature at the same time. I bought a few pakages of throw away diapers for when I visited family/friends but used cloths at home. Beleive me it`s the cheapest way to go.

It has it`s bad sides but if you`re looking into saving $$$ it`s the best way. Also if you are good with a sewing machine you can sew your own diapers and save even more. I made my own and laughed everytime I heard my sisters complain about the price of diapers
    I'd suggest cloth also. My son is 2.5 and we've been CDing (cloth-diapering) since he was born. No biggie at all! They work just like disposables (if thats what you want because there are tons of different kinds and options), you put on baby and it closes with velcro or snaps... then you dump in a pail lined with a diaper liner or waterproof wetbag and wash every 2-3 days. You can also find what is called One-Size which fits newborn to 35lbs+ (depending on shape of baby). So about 30 diapers could last you 2-3yrs. And a lot of them are about 8$/diaper or so. Very cheap when you compare to how much you spend on disposables.
    ¤SARAH¤

If you always think what you always thought
    You will always get what you always got

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks everyone!! I've been thinking about cloths diaper...but is still very unsure about it (Daddy to be will not use them..he has enough problem with disposable diapers...imagine if he has to fold them, rinse and wash AND clean the baby!!!) and I may need more time to convince him! LOL

i sign up already for pampers...now I'll go check out the huggies site! weheeeeee, more coupons!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I wanted to do cloth, but when I looked at the original cost to buy the diapers I changed my mind. Plus, they are a lot of work. Don't forget that you are going to be very tired after you have your baby, so all the extra laundry and cleaning might be too much.

They do have cloth cleaning services, but after you pay for all that, you may as well do disposables.

Also, if you plan on sending your child to daycare or pre-school when they are older, you will have to buy disposables for that, because they will not use cloth diapers.

If you can do it, great!!! ...but believe me, it's not an easy task - my aunt did it AND had a cleaning service picking up and dropping off the cloths...

The only thing better than saving money is VOLLEYBALL!!!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

brand depends on your child too - dd1 used huggies till she was in size 1 and then she leaked out of them....the only ones she didn't leak out of was pampers. ds - used pampers or huggies without any issues. dd2 - pampers and huggies and cloth. Someone gave me a couple packs of life brand and they sucked IMO - had to change them a lot more than pampers/huggies (for pee).

I tried teddies choice 1x and didnt care for them, also tried walmart brand -they were OK but I didn't like them as much as pampers/huggies. I've heard good things about kirkland brand but have not tried them.

Expecting #4 and am stockpiling pampers/huggies and will also use cloth (at home only). I personally like buying diapers on sale at shoppers on sale when they have 20x the points (with coupons too) - then I feel like I'm getting the most for my money LOL. Of course it doesn't always work out that way.
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

All my kids didn't used the same diaper.
    DD1 was ok with huggies and cloth, no pampers at all too much perfume and rash everytime we try pampers.
    DD2 was OK with walmart brand, no cloth on 2 first month of life, no teddys' choices (loblaws brand), no pampers at all too much perfume and rash everytime we try pampers.
    DS1 was ok with cloth, teddy's choice, no pampers at all too much perfume and rash everytime we try pampers.
    DS2 was ok with teddy's choice, no walmart brand, no pampers at all too much perfume and rash everytime we try pampers.

So here, everytime and every baby, we try pampers and we have problem with the perfum.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I generally recommend Pampers, but that's just a matter of personal preference.
    My first baby never complained about a soiled diaper, so no-names (Teddy's) gave him a lot of rashes. Pampers/Huggies were better at keeping him dry. But if you're good at changing regularly (or if the baby is good at notifying you of their discomfort), no-names would be fine. I really didn't like the newborn Pampers, though. They had a weird lining that just ... made the messes extra gross looking...to me. I also prefer Huggies over Pampers for training pants.

Wish I had tried cloth, though. At least for my second baby. .. or at least for training... which we're now well into.

Maxi Verdun has a bunch of 50% off stickers on diapers in the clearance area. *I think* there were Newborn Huggies and boxes of Teddy's (I think larger sizes like 5 and 6).

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalflaw View Post
    I generally recommend Pampers, but that's just a matter of personal preference.
    My first baby never complained about a soiled diaper, so no-names (Teddy's) gave him a lot of rashes. Pampers/Huggies were better at keeping him dry. But if you're good at changing regularly (or if the baby is good at notifying you of their discomfort), no-names would be fine. I really didn't like the newborn Pampers, though. They had a weird lining that just ... made the messes extra gross looking...to me. I also prefer Huggies over Pampers for training pants.

Wish I had tried cloth, though. At least for my second baby. .. or at least for training... which we're now well into.

Maxi Verdun has a bunch of 50% off stickers on diapers in the clearance area. *I think* there were Newborn Huggies and boxes of Teddy's (I think larger sizes like 5 and 6).
    Hummm, I'm gonna check my Maxi close by to see if they have clearance!
    No car so i can't go far if I have a lot to carry.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by miss__brittany View Post
    Someone had recently posted on here about a diaper sale for no-name ones I think?? I can't remember the exact details... hmmmmmmm... let me check...

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/197172-...uggies-canada/

There is the link.

I've never had a problem with Pampers or Huggies, and always just bought what I found was the cheapest. You can get a good deal at Costco, but ONLY when they're on a good sale ($11 off). I know that I bought some Huggies at Zellers for cheap and had $3 off coupons at the time... Basically, just keep your eye on the flyers and your coupons and match them together... sorry there is no easy answer!!

They sell Teddy's Choice and it is also sold by Maxi. I compared the deals and the warehouse seems to be your best bet( for the no name brands)
    Last edited by MelSprag; Wed, May 25th, 2011 at 09:21 PM.

Melanie

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

For my kids I used and use Pampers. With my DD (4 years ago) I tried Huggies first. She cried every time when she was wet. Tried Pampers after that - totally different baby, no more tears For my DS (almost 10 months old) I never tried anything else, he is well with Pampers

Thread Information