User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Overage at SDM

addicted to coupons
    Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I totally got an overage at SDM.
    I picked up 3 packs of Advil Nighttime at 3.99 each today. I was amazed the store even had them. The first SDM I went to was sold out, the WalMart was sold out but the 2nd SDM had a few left. So I used my $4.00 coupon figuring she would just adjust it to 3.99. The cashier tells me I have to buy something else because she can't close out a sale with a negative balance, and she couldn't adjust the coupon. I ended up just grabbing a chocolate for 50 cents but I got my overage! 3 whole cents! But hey, overage is overage LOL.

All in all, I was really impressed with the cashier, she was really nice about it and she just as easily could have rejected the coupon all together.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I'm head ing to SDM tomorrow morning I hope it will work for me, but that was nice of cashier

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Awesome! That means that the overage pays part of your taxes! I'm planning to buy purex with my coupons tomorrow, so hopefully I don't have to price check at walmart.
    Join SwagBucks! You actually get free stuff for basically doing nothing!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mazin

Cheap books: http://www.bookmob.ca/track/CC030293 Register & get 5% off!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I was able to use my coupon today too ,I used just one coupon although I have four of them but you know I thought they might refuse to take it , anyway got one for free that's all I need.

addicted to coupons
    Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Yeah I was expecting them to just adjust it, I was more than content with free, but the fact that she gave me the overage impressed me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

That's great! I find SDM isn't always that great with coupons! I only have a $2 coupon off, but heading there tomorrow. Hope there's some on the shelve!

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I got an overage today too! One SDM I went to had lots of Advil, so I got 4 and all 4 of them rang up at the $2.99 price...which is tomorrow's sale price! Then the guy took the full $4 off!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I went today with my $4 off coupons. The guy at the till said I might have to do each one separately.I told him it says per purchase not per transaction, and he was good with that. Then when he rung it though, he had to call a supervisor. She was very nice, but said the coupon was for more than the item and I couldn`t use it. I was nice and said I think your coupon policy says i can, you just don`t give me $ back. You could put the coupon in for the $3.99. She said that would work.

I read online a lot of people are having the same issue with SDM.
    They were very nice about the whole thing, but i dont know if I went back tomorrow If I would have the same issue.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Thanks for sharing!! Can hardly wait to try tomorrow!!!

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Wow - lucky you...i've never had overage at sdm! All i get is cashiers who want to give me a hard time,lol
    Come on -Join me ! Get Points, get Free stuff

http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/kazm-l
    And if you need a link for Zoombucks or Irazoo ....let me know!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I bought 2 of the Advil today, and I used 2, $4.00 coupons and they gave me the overage.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I got 4 today with no problem... i asked the cashier if they were putting limits on them and she said limit of 4.... but every shoppers sets different limits.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I too went to shoppers today and bought 4 of the advil at 3.99 the cashier wasn't sure if she could use the coupon because it exceded the sale price, the manager was there as well and told her to just try it and see what happens....I got my overage Yaaa and they were both surprised. It is a very small SDM in a tiny town so i guess they're not accustomed to this. Still a happy customer!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

She should have been able to adjust the coupon to $3.99. I do it all the time at Shoppes in B.C.

Coupon Queenie #376
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I did it today too, only one on the shelf though and had three cpns, was hoping to find some more but no luck...now after all these years I found something my daughter will actually swallow!! and i can get it dirt cheap!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information