User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I was initially excited about stacking at save on. One place to do my grocery shopping and use my stacks as well, how great.. but now I'm thinking not. I got the recent save on foods flyer and all I was thinking to myself was there is no way I'm paying that price for that item, on almost every item. So my conclusion, the idea was great but I think the reality is not so great I'm sure my grocery bill would sky rocket at those prices. So I'm sticking to my regular WM and No Frills. And the occassional trip to LD for my stacks. Now if only us Canadians had access to the grocery coupons that the states get then it may be worth it.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, No Frills, Save on Foods

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

SOF is higher priced. I am going to watch for great sales then use my stacks, not sure how often this will happen

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I noticed this too, plus they have the worst customer service!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I find with SOF you really have to watch for the sales, but this is true of everywhere, including Walmart (I saw Walmart had Bick's pickles on an end aisle for $3.77 marked limited time sale--that's an outrageous price--but they made it look like a sale!) So the lesson is know your prices (I write my prices down in my binder at the beginning of every section...there's no way I can keep it all in my head! And I write the dates, because everything goes in a cycle.)

Every once in a while, I find a sweet deal at SOF. I haven't tried stacking yet, but they are great at the Londonderry SOF for single coupons. Never had a problem.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saucyblondie View Post
    I find with SOF you really have to watch for the sales, but this is true of everywhere, including Walmart (I saw Walmart had Bick's pickles on an end aisle for $3.77 marked limited time sale--that's an outrageous price--but they made it look like a sale!) So the lesson is know your prices (I write my prices down in my binder at the beginning of every section...there's no way I can keep it all in my head! And I write the dates, because everything goes in a cycle.)

Every once in a while, I find a sweet deal at SOF. I haven't tried stacking yet, but they are great at the Londonderry SOF for single coupons. Never had a problem.
    I agree! For example I was at superstore yesterday and noticed their regular price for whisk as dry cat food is like at least $2 more than everywhere else!!!

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I agree with Saucy!
    If you know your prices, you can get awsome deals anywhere really.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with the sales aspect of it, an occassion item here and there that are good deals. But to do my complete grocery shop in there would cost me way too much (we used to shop there but we got tired of paying high prices and we also had alot of problems with running into expired products on the shelves). And I also think that it doesn't make alot of sense most of the time to drive to all different stores to get the deals once you factor in your time and the cost of gas (for me anyways since I don't live in the city). So I would rather just price match at my regular stores and get lower prices on my other items. I also have a list on what I pay at WM for my regularly purchased items so I can keep track when I'm looking through flyers and decide whether I need to price match or not.

Thread Information