User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I've had good luck at the Rideau St. Rexall in the past; I've only ever tried when the store's not crazy busy, so that might have something to do with my success. I went again today, and they let me stack their store coupon with a P&G brandsaver to get free deodorant!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Looks like I won't have any more problems with my coupons and that one cashier at the Shopper's Drug Mart in Barrhaven by Home Depot...now that Shopper's posted their official policy on Facebook! Also I tried to use a printable coupon at the Independant today...a no go...but they happily took it at Loblaws (my free Skinny Cow Ice Cream from Facebook.) Metro in Barrhaven also doesn't take printables (I have read that other Metro's do) (except their own that they put on Facebook once a week....Free BBQ sauce one week...this week 50% off sausages...etc)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Also I read on SC that Loblaws will allow you to stack a Coupon Zone coupon with a manufacture coupon. At the Barrhaven store I spoke to the manager and it was a no go. I can't wait for Target, because if they are like the US stores and have their own coupons... they allow stacking them with manufacturers. You can score lots of frees or nearly frees with that.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbirdie View Post
    Looks like I won't have any more problems with my coupons and that one cashier at the Shopper's Drug Mart in Barrhaven by Home Depot...now that Shopper's posted their official policy on Facebook! Also I tried to use a printable coupon at the Independant today...a no go...but they happily took it at Loblaws (my free Skinny Cow Ice Cream from Facebook.) Metro in Barrhaven also doesn't take printables (I have read that other Metro's do) (except their own that they put on Facebook once a week....Free BBQ sauce one week...this week 50% off sausages...etc)
    None of the Metro/Food Basics stores accept printables (except their own). It's in their official policy. Loblaws has always been pretty good about accepting printables (and all of the Independents that I've been to.) But there should be no problems with any of the stores under the Loblaws banner accepting them now. They just put out a new coupon policy (You can read about it in the coupon forum) that says they accept them.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Also I read on SC that Loblaws will allow you to stack a Coupon Zone coupon with a manufacture coupon. At the Barrhaven store I spoke to the manager and it was a no go. I can't wait for Target, because if they are like the US stores and have their own coupons... they allow stacking them with manufacturers. You can score lots of frees or nearly frees with that.
    Loblaws has just put out a new coupon policy for all the stores under their banner. They are no longer allowing stacking coupon zone and manufacturer coupons. The wording in their new policy is a bit confusing. But people are being turned down now at stores that have always allowed it. There are threads about it in the coupon and shopping talk forums.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There's a thread in the coupon forum about Dollarama accepting coupons. It's very new and seems to have only caught on in some locations so far. Has anyone tried it in Ottawa yet?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the great info.

I emailed Dollarama 6 weeks ago and got this: ( I guess I will have to email them again! It is a lot of work keeping up with ever changing coupon policies...but as long as they change for the better...I'm happy!)

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

As a store policy, we do not accept coupons.

Sincerely,

Rina Clarizio

Représentante service à la clientèle

Customer service representative

DOLLARAMA L.P. "[/I]
    Last edited by Snowbirdie; Fri, Jun 17th, 2011 at 11:04 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I emailed Dollarama and sure enough...the policy has changed:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We do accept manufacturer’s coupons – provided that these coupons are directly from the manufacturers and that we sell products that are subject to these coupons.

Furthermore, there could be exceptions to this principle in regards to some specific products.

Thank you.

Rina Clarizio

DOLLARAMA L.P./S.E.C.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I emailed Dollarama and sure enough...the policy has changed:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We do accept manufacturer’s coupons – provided that these coupons are directly from the manufacturers and that we sell products that are subject to these coupons.

Furthermore, there could be exceptions to this principle in regards to some specific products.

Thank you.

Rina Clarizio

DOLLARAMA L.P./S.E.C.
    That's awesome! Not every store is aware of the new policy, so I'm not sure if it's caught on in Ottawa yet. Apparently people who are calling individual stores that don't know about the policy yet are getting laughed at and spoken rudely to. So I think I'll wait until it's firmly in place before trying it out in Ottawa.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Independent Grocer off Merivale @ Meadowlands ( I am a cashier there)
    Shoppers Drugmart on Merivale Road
    Toys R Us & Babies R Us on Merivale Road...
    East Side Mario's on Hunt Club
    Walmart on Baseline
    Zellers on Merivale (Soon to be Target) ---> I bet Zellers all over will be having great sales as they transition into Targets...and with the right coupons and/or bonus HBC rewards vouchers..could be AWESOME!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

deleted
    Last edited by dharma_initiative; Fri, Oct 28th, 2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: deleted

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was in Canadian Tire in Barrhaven and asked them if they take coupons on their grocery items...and I still think their grocery dept. is an odd addition...but the good news is they said YES!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It was a NO on coupons at Dollarama in Barrhaven on Strandherd today. Not until they get the "official" word from head office.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I posted something awhile ago about walmart accepting competitors coupons saying one said yes and one said no. i would like to clarify that the one that said yes the CSR found out she was incorrect. As someone mentioned uptop they will accept them for a certain dollar price but NOT for a dollar off amount. Just thought I would correct myself for all of you. lol have fun shopping.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbirdie

Sobeys: No problems there. ( although they don't take internet printed ones unfortunately also)

I had no issue using a printed on at the new Sobeys out on March Rd, but that could be due to the cashier - she was pretty young, looked at it 4 times & then simply applied it anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information