User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    :)
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Hi fellow Ottawa couponers!

I was wondering if we could compile a list of Ottawa-area stores that you've found to be especially coupon-friendly. I'm particularly interested in Wal-Mart and SDM locations! I read so many stories around the forum of people who've ran into unfriendly cashiers when it comes to things like overages/many coupons in one transaction, and I'm wondering if there are any especially positive experiences you've had around the city

West end locations are especially helpful to me (we live near College Square), but hopefully this thread can help out people throughout Ottawa.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I had only one issue at barrhaven walmart. but never since. Its one of my favorite locations. I am also at south keys alot which might be a little more out of your way.
    A little goes a long way!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've used coupons at the following without a problem:
    * Walmart at Clyde and Baseline, South Keys, and Lincoln Fields.
    * Loblaws on Merivale
    * Shoppers Drug Mart at Merivale Mall, at Westgate Mall, and also the one on Merivale where Food Basics is located.
    Last edited by blueeyetea; Wed, Jun 1st, 2011 at 01:07 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I had wonderful cashiers at SDM in Lincoln Fields & on Prince of Wales, but I have also run into problems at these stores!

I'm looking for more options - great thread idea!!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

there's an SDM at lincoln fields??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What I've found is that most stores have coupon friendly cashiers and at least one cashier who isn't. So I don't tend to avoid stores because of one bad experience. I haven't had a lot of bad experiences in Ottawa though. Zellers had me in tears once, but they've been fine since then.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Greetings fellow couponers! I knew you were in Ottawa!
    I live in Barrhaven and I use LOTS of coupons. My experience is as follows:

Loblaws: Hit and Miss with the cashiers when it comes to processing the coupons quickly. Biggest surprise? When you go over $10 everything shuts down and they have to call in a supervisor! Are you kidding me Loblaws?? However in their favour...they have taken my coupons printed from the internet so for that reason I put up with the $10 thing.

Shopper's Drug Mart near Home Depot: There is a young guy who works there who still doesn't get one coupon per purchase does not mean per transaction. Agh!!! I avoid him, when I can, like the plague. Other than him (although I guess I can't blame him...No one in management has explained it to him I guess) they have taken my coupons, printed from home ones too, with no problem.

Metro: While I understand they don't take coupons printed from the internet, they have gladly, efficiently, and pleasantly taken my stacks of coupons. Love them too.

Sobeys: No problems there. ( although they don't take internet printed ones unfortunately also)

Rexall/Pharma: Oh dear. They take my coupons but the ladies at the cash read them front and back like it was a major legal document. Meanwhile a line with dozens of glaring eyes forms behind you. I dread going there and for that reason alone will skip them if the sale isn't wonderful.

Food Basics: No problem too!

Walmart: They take everything! They pay you to take things away! I always put each coupon with each item just so they cashier has an easier time, and tell them that's why I am doing it that way..to help them. LOVE LOVE LOVE the cashiers at Walmart.

By the way, make sure you double check your receipt before you leave the store, or the counter for that matter. I use LOTS of coupons, watch like a hawk when the cashier is ringing them up, and this week I was not given two coupons on two different purchases. Once you leave it is too late.

My name is Kathleen...aka Snowbirdie....from www.savetosnowbird.com

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Walmart in Orleans is great for taking coupons. I have never had a question or issue in that store using even printable ones.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22 View Post
    Walmart in Orleans is great for taking coupons. I have never had a question or issue in that store using even printable ones.
    Good!! i haven't tried going there and was planning a trip tomorrow so hopefully i'll have the same luck as you

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Orleans WM - I've only ever had one problem there - and it was because the coupon said "One per purchase" so they would only let me use one. But, aside from that they've taken printables etc without blinking an eye.

WM - Baseline - Took my coupons with no problems whatsoever.

WM - Lincoln Fields - I have had issues there before where they didn't want to apply the coupon because what I purchased was $3 and the coupon was worth $5. But, they did take it after some convincing.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've seen lots of people complain about SDM and coupons. My closest location is an excellent one, at Westgate mall. There are a couple of cashiers, older women, who I think are 'career cashiers' and really good. One of them always compliments me when I use a great coupon on a sale, and end up getting the product for free, for example. I think she gets a genuine thrill out of it, lol.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

WM Orleans apparently doesn't accept competitors coupons even after i told them i had called ahead to make sure they would. Then they let me use it but would only give me one item per coupon when the coupon said unlimited...i only wanted 2. There were three people trying to figure out what to do and it took them almost 20 minutes to agree on what they thought was right.

Trading Score
    53 (100%)

I go to RCSS in Westboro and have had no trouble with any coupons - but over $10 you do have to get a supervisor to override.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

WM train yards also doesn't accept competitor coupons they only price match

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyster View Post
    WM Orleans apparently doesn't accept competitors coupons even after i told them i had called ahead to make sure they would. Then they let me use it but would only give me one item per coupon when the coupon said unlimited...i only wanted 2. There were three people trying to figure out what to do and it took them almost 20 minutes to agree on what they thought was right.
    WM only accepts competitor coupons that state a specified price. (.e. Rice Krispies for $1.99)
    They do not accept competitor money off coupons. There has been a lot of confusion with this...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information