User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Since there was an issue with the hillside play place no longer being available and two people who really want to be part unable to make the wednesday day(and having to find a new place) i'm going to flip it to the thursday.. Time will stay the same (11am) i'm going to do a bit of research find a park

Date: Thursday June 9

Location: Hillside Park, located on the corner of cook and hillside at the top of the hill, there is parking off Higgins street
    ( http:///3hel82d ) it's pretty easy to find and mostly fenced in

Time: 11:00am (because anyone who knows me knows i won't be awake and functioning to handle any earlier then that )
    This thread is currently associated with: 123inkcartridges.ca
    Last edited by Midnightly; Wed, Jun 1st, 2011 at 04:07 AM.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    130 (100%)

Great idea! Hopefully it won't be a windy day

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

haha I can just see it now a bunch of woman running around desperately trying to catch there coupons. I am so protective of mine LOL.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

My dd said if you confirm for MacDonalds on Saanich she promises to get a shift for the night before and do a major clean of the play place, lol.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i worry about really young ones on the play climbing structures i know a few of the moms fairly young kids

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Should be able to make it. We should have a backup plan in case of rain or wind.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Well then how about the library idea again? Even if a few moms have to wander off with the kids to the children book area they can always come back and forth when ever the kids are settled for a few moments.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

which library? I am not sure I can make the park in Hillside as it is just too far for me (i am coming from Brentwood Bay) and I don't have much gas.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

I am thinking the library at Pearkes Arena only because it has a large sitting area right at the front that is hardly ever occupied(at least when I have been there). There is also seating I believe right near the children book area but it's a bit crowded usually so may not be the the best area to sit and keep an eye on children at the exact same time.

Of course open to other suggestions as well.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

for us i know if we end up in a library Toodles is going to make a run for the kids area to play with whatever toys/games are there.. i also worry about noise with a number of kids (and running different directions)

it's tricky trying to find a all age kid friendly safe place where we can coupon (i think thats why it's taken me so long to set up the G2G)

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabshiraz View Post
    which library? I am not sure I can make the park in Hillside as it is just too far for me (i am coming from Brentwood Bay) and I don't have much gas.

brentwood isn't too far.. i know kate81 will be coming in from Sidney, and another coming in from langford

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well, it is when you're not working... if I can possibly get a ride, then yes, I can make it (no pressure here). Otherwise I have to see...
    Last edited by cabshiraz; Thu, Jun 2nd, 2011 at 06:47 PM.

Trading Score
    130 (100%)

what I know from previous swaps....they can get kinda loud...Don't know if they library is the best place?? IMO

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I agree about the library... between toodles and my kids it'll be too hard to keep them quiet enough for the library. Hillside park is really only a few minutes farther than the originally decided location of the hillside mall play place, for anyone who isn't sure where it is. I think it is pretty central based on everyone's location.

We definitely can't do McDonalds. My kiddos are 2.5 and 16 months and there is no way I can safely let them play without being right beside them. And they won't be happy just sitting in a chair beside me while I swap.

That said, if you all work out what is best for you I'll decide if it will work with my kiddos or not.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I'd be interested in coming
    Seems like a good idea meeting locally, more efficient than coupon trains, and with the bonus of meeting new people.

Whatever location is decided on should work for me, I've tried to think of kid friendly places but as a single guy in his 20s I'm probably the last person to ask about toddler friendly locations :D

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information