Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Anyone tried it in their neighbourhood? I am tempted, but kinda scared
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I have not. But after we got Smart Source coupons a lady was going up and down our street looking in blue bins. She was doing it about 10 in the morning. I live in Alpine Village/Kitchener.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Also tonight 2 guys were out getting wine/beer/liquor bottles. We just watched them. They really paid no attention to anyone and I don't think anyone else cared about them. They were not doing any harm. I would NOT go alone.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

sure... if its not raining.. get quite lucky usually.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I've been thinking about it for a bit now, but haven't gathered enough courage to actually go out yet! And it's finally not raining so I might go next week.....aren't there going to be the smart source inserts this week?

Current user title here.
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I tried it in the winter. I pulled my son along on his sled. Too much work for what you get but if you are out to exercise and happen to find a few cereal boxes it's a bonus. Made me feel like a hobo so I gave it up. I think the most productive way to to do this would be apartment building cardboard bins.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I tried it once early in the morning when there wasn't that many people around. The few people that I did happen to run into gave me weird looks and I didn't get too many great things. Certainly did not see any cereal boxes with coupons on them. I may try it again the coming Monday morning, so if you see me in your bin, do not be alarmed!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    286 (100%)

There's a lady every Monaday morning around 8 AM looking in our bins (Highland area). Once she looked at me when I was late for work and I just smiled at her.
    I admire her courage - I'm thinking to do that but have no courage....

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I really dont see anything wrong with looking in blue bins. People through it in the bins to throw away. If someone is going to use them then why not! I seen a guy on a bike a few nights ago take a whole black garbage bag from my neighbours . I have no idea what was in the bag but he wanted it lol. I am def going to do it when inserts come out and wont be ashamed at all lol. Does anyone know when the next coupon inserts come out? thanks!!!!!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

No, I haven't tried and I probably won't either because it's not worth it to me. One, people put stuff out in tightly tied blue bags, no bins. And two, I'd have to be out the door pretty darned early since our pickup is around 8 am, sometimes earlier. I have seen a fellow go around our neighborhood - he pokes around the blue bags to see if there are any cans or bottles and only takes those, ties the bags back up and goes on. (I keep my cans and bottles in my shed to return to the recycling depot and get my deposit back myself.)

(And apparently, I not only posted in the wrong neigborhood, but the wrong entire province. LOL.)
    Last edited by AmberLab; Thu, Jun 2nd, 2011 at 05:25 PM.

Trading Score
    344 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    No, I haven't tried and I probably won't either because it's not worth it to me. One, people put stuff out in tightly tied blue bags, no bins. And two, I'd have to be out the door pretty darned early since our pickup is around 8 am, sometimes earlier. I have seen a fellow go around our neighborhood - he pokes around the blue bags to see if there are any cans or bottles and only takes those, ties the bags back up and goes on. (I keep my cans and bottles in my shed to return to the recycling depot and get my deposit back myself.)

(And apparently, I not only posted in the wrong neigborhood, but the wrong entire province. LOL.)

Too funny!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would love to do a recycle walk with anyone who is interested, I live in East Kildonan email me [email protected] (sorry woman only hubby be jealous)

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

After the Red Plum and Brandsaver came out I went to my bf apartment off river rd in kitchener and went through the bins. I got one brandsaver and 3 plums!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am dying to try but too afraid...hopefully I will get up the courage soon!! lol

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

lol yeah i seen some lady doing it around hidden creek area sometime ago

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information