User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a question for those of you that live near the US border. Do any of you go down there for your shopping and get the US coupons online beforehand? It looks like most US stores are going digital and you load them onto a card? Does anyone know of any good US coupon sites that I could visit? I know for our dairy it is so much cheaper to make the 15 minute drive. $2.50/gallon of milk, $4.99 for 2lb med chesse just to name a few! Thanks so much. This is such an amazing site!
    Kerry in BC
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

just from what I have heard from other people.....havent tried it myself but some people say that it can be a real chore because the stores alot of the time wont carry the brand or size that is stated on the coupons . a card sounds like a great idea but make sure you know exactally what you need to buy to get the coupon or you might end up at the till with alot of stuff you may have to pay full price for. I think you can go to bricks or just google coupons there are alot of sites more than what we have here. Let us know how it works out for you. Might be worth a trip. You may want to find out what store you need to go to that will have the items you are looking for.
    happy shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have tried to get us coupons. but you need a zip code to print anything and a u s address. so unless you go over some weekend just to collect there flyers for your next trip than maybe it would work. we do get alot of u s mags so I do clip the coupons there just to keep aside.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

We live near Detroit. When I know we're going to go to the States, I buy the Detroit Sunday Paper a few weeks in advance - even the same week will get you some coups. I discovered a site called "DealSeekingMom.com" which I really like. It has links to other sites that do the same kind of deal matching that you find here.

We have several US store cards. You don't need a US zip to get them if you go to the store. I think they sometimes type in their own zip code to make it work. I have never tried to download coupons but one store - CVS- will generate some coupons if you scan the card at a machine in the store.

We don't do major shopping for groceries but we do pick up some things. Kroger will double coupon values up to doubling .50 coups to make a dollar and they very often have 10 for $10 deals on various items. - Note that usually you don't have to buy the 10 to get the items for $1.00. Good luck with your shopping!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Thanks for all the info as I'm interested in this too.

My family and I go to New Hampshire for 2 weeks every November. I was thinking that I would try to get some coupons before we go this time (we stay in timeshare and make the majority of our meals).

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live on the border and shop in the States once a week. There is a website www.coupondivas.com this website has a list of stores you can select i.e. walgreens, cvs, kroger, meier, walmart etc. it gives you the sale price and coupon and where to find the coupon and your cost free or next to free. I print the store coupon match up, highlight items I am going to purchase, attach my coupons and drive over. Don't forget to fill up with gas as it is much cheaper over there as compared to here. I have loyalty cards for CVS, Target and Ferndale foods (spartan) Walgreens give register rewards you can use for future purchases. CVS give cash back on your loyalty card that you use for future purchases. Some great deals I have received. Mustard with 20% more .49 Powerade .35 Axe Body Spray and Deodorant 1. Pantene Shampoo 1.50 Most store only double up to 50 cents and most coupons are .55 or more. Spartan doubles up to 1.00.

This website is my favourite it cuts down my research by 100%. The Detroit Free Press and Daily Times have the most coupons. You have to get the paper over there the coupons are different and way more included. The paper comes out on a Sunday. Usually I print up my coupon match up, bring coupons I have stop by at my friends to pick up the paper and cut out any more that I need and attached them to my match up and head out to bargain shop. Two weeks ago I received 2 sets in each paper and have a friend that got the same and he gave his to me.

Happy couponing.

Cathy Coupon
    Last edited by cathy coupon; Thu, Jun 2nd, 2011 at 09:01 AM.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I live on the border, too!

I love couponmom.com - VERY comprehensive!, coupons.com, redplum.com and some of the others already posted

Don't forget that if you are a swagbucks user, you can also print coupons from there now and you get 10 swagbucks for every coupon you use!

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I use couponmom, and frankly a little googling for things like 'coupon match ups' will always yield results.

I live about 1.5 hours away from the border but found several stores that carry the Detroit Free Press on Sundays. I have 2 weeks worth of inserts, plus the printables I found online (and was able to print!). A fellow SCer also shared her US surplus with me too! And btw, 2 weeks worth of inserts had probably 400 coupons or more. It's much more than we get!

This Sunday I am going on my first cross border coupon shop. I have loyalty cards for Kroger and Rite Aid (Rite Aid was able to do online and even get a temporary printable card), and will get others while I am there. I used the printable shopping lists from couponmom to prepare and I'm going to match up my coupons tonight and get ready.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow! lots of great info! thank you! not sure if I want to tackle this on yet but it is tempting....I know of a lady that goes to the US on sunday to get the paper, then comes home does her legwork and then goes back monday to shop. Seems like alot of time/gas but I guess its her hobby..and from what I gather can get quite addicting LOL. Last night I dreamt of couponing! Let us know how the shopping goes!
    Couponmum

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Wow! I'm learning a lot from reviewing these posts! Thanks, everyone for sharing your logistics and info!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I'd love to do that, but dh is very firm on keeping Canadian dollars in Canada...
    W H A T E V E R I think, if I can get it cheaper, go for it... but he wears the pants

Thread Information