User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lots of great advice! My son and daughter are 17 months apart, and my husband also works in construction, so I can identify. The only thing I can add is don't be too proud or stubborn to ask for help from friends and family. Even if someone can take your son for a walk for an hour, you'll be able to rest, and I find it's easier to approach difficult situations when I've been able to relax a bit. Also, avoid repeating yourself over and over. Give a warning, then a consequence. Follow through, and you'll be fine. Good luck!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Omgoodness, you guys have been life savers! I really appreciate all the good ideas and have taken so much away from this. I will be getting a planner! He loves coloring and bathing and playing with his toys. We are past the nap stage, he tends to stay awake all night if we nap even 11-12. I love all the ideas.
    It is difficult to find a sitter for me, everyone around me works, and my bff is 9 months pregnant with her 3rd child, so I feel bad asking her to take him, unless its nessisary.
    My hubby will luckily be on EI when the baby comes, so I will have the help later on, but for now, my biggest fear is sustaining the pregnancy, having so much difficulty this early carrying. We are managing. I babysat today, but had a 3yr old and her big sister, who is 9, helping me out so that made it easier to distract the little ones.

Nadia- We only planned on one too. We actually made an appointment in November to be getting a hystorectomy in June (this month) due to excessive bleeding, cystic ovaries and endometriosis, but I think God had other plans, because after having all this bleeding, it stopped...... then 6 weeks later I found out I was pregnant! I had no idea.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I second the napping in the playroom thing.
    DH and I have our own version of this. Since I have a bad back and can't sleep on the floor, he'll sleep in her room and she's content, and I get the bed. :p
    (He sleeps at the same time because of his work hours.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information