User Tag List

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I was at thrifty's and picked up a couple items that were discounted since they were within a couple days of the best before date ... It got me thinking ... Does any one know when stores like thrifty's or safeway mark down their bakery / deli foods that have a best before date? Is it in the evening or first thing in the morning?

I know the Market on Yates discounts bakery counter scones, muffins, danishs after 8:00 each night. A coworker use to go to the Dutch bakery in the morning and would sometimes get a discounted cake. I think Cobs donates their unsold items to charity. Not sure which other places discount food items.

Sharon
    This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty, Safeway

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My hubby gets free stuff all the time from Cobs by going around dinnertime. I don't know about anywhere else, though. I've never noticed discounted bread anywhere but Superstore, and they just seem to always have some.

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks! I'll try Cobs or maybe just ask them. I've gotten items at the end of the day before a couple times but not consistently (more like a nice gift when it happens)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah, I don't know how he goes about it, I just know every time he comes back from there he holds something up and says "look what I got for free!" He might just be lucky, I don't know.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thrifty's marks down meat right before closing most nights, at least that's what we did when I worked there a few years ago.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

the discount bread store on Blanchard has a whole section worth, the dutch bakery on cook street has a small section i notice it when i walk past
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks ... My b/f had wondered about thrifty's. Going to pop by mcgavin's on blanshard next week. I haven't been there before but it sounds like some great deals.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Love going to Safeways Saturday morning to get cheap bakery items, also Thrifty Foods is great in the mornings for bakery and meat markdowns.

Thread Information