User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi There,

As I'm new to the coupon culture and want to do as well as I can (don't we all!!) I was wondering if London & Area couponers could offer up some advice.

Things I'd like advice on are listed, but ANYTHING useful you have to add would be greatly appreciated!!

1) Sources for coupons: I don't get the LFP, and the Londoner is not delievered to my house either. Getting flyers on Thursdays is hit or miss ( I live close to downtown, not sure if location has anything to do with it?)
    Where can I get coupon/coupon booklets? I did see a stand for the Londoner at a Tim's near me while driving by this morning so I will go over to it this afternoon and see if there are any inserts, but any other places for good coupons I should be looking?

2) Stores to use and to avoid: My shopping routes are typically the following stores so any advice on keep going or switch is welcomed in terms of when I start using various coupons will they be accepted (if you happen to know from experience!)
    Zellers Northland
    No Frills Northland (also use the one in Glencoe thought they have much less stock)
    Giant Tiger Northland
    Dollarama Northland
    Metro (Adelaide & Cheapside)
    RCSS (Gammage) and occasionally the Oakridge store)
    Walmart Argyle
    Canadian Tire (Argyle 90%, Hyde Park the rest)
    Home Depot (Fanshawe & Adelaide)

Sometimes Home Hardware on Adelaide & Huron, or the one in Newbury.
    Occasionally Foodland in Glencoe.

That's basically where I shop, should I be adding/deleting/substituting any stores in there? What problems or good experiences can I expect?

Thanks again, and looking forward to being able to contribute back to the site with any good info/deals/experiences I have
    Last edited by snow00774; Thu, Jun 2nd, 2011 at 03:22 PM.

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

We meet once a month. But looks like we will be meeting more often now. Great!! That is a great way to meet other local couponers and ask for help or share stories. Everyone is welcome new or old. Here's the thread
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/206137-...-group-canada/

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well.. looks like Amanda beat me to it.
    as for the Londoner. go on to their web site. send them an email. begging to have the flyer delivered.. good chance you'll get it
    i'd def. check out the Londoner in the Tim's. ask neighbors, family and friends. if they don't use theirs to keep them for you.
    recycle walk!
    and of course feel free to join us at our swaps. no rules. just come have fun.
    chances are pretty good we've met or seen each other already. I shop at 3/4 of those stores daily im the crazy short chic with the blue binder

Trading Score
    122 (100%)

Welcome Snow!
    Those 2 lovely ladies above know alot, but I can help aswell. Send me any questions you have!
    2010 Savings
    My Trade/ Wish List:

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Those are also my haunts. I'm finding in general, your coupon experience is much more about the cashier than the store policy (sigh). I've usually had good luck but had a really bad cashier at Argyle WM. RE: the flyers, you can buy some papers on the weekend to stock up for 1 or more of the inserts. I've also got friends and family passing them along. Not been brave enough for a recycle walk yet, and my DH warns me I better not do it in my own neighborhood.

Mrs Sunshine, we most live so close by, as I think we are hitting the same stores quite often!

Maybe we should start shopping in packs.
    Last edited by katie333; Thu, Jun 2nd, 2011 at 10:37 PM.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am willing to help out as well..I live in old south and I think I'm ready now to be exposed,,,lol!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks ladies!!

I think the most useful things will be which stores generally treat PM and coupons a certain way (understanding it can come down to the cashier you get sometimes!).

I don't think I'm quite ready for a recycle walk yet so weekend papers and friends houses it is for now lol!!

I'll check out the swap link but don't have anything to swap yet!

Nice to know there are other London and area peeps on here

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Welcome I am new at this as well. You can also get some extra coupon flyers and the highrise bulding appartments. I made a deal with a friend of mine who lives in one. I share the deals I find and she give me extrta flyers that people don't take. I am getting a few tomorrow from her in exchange for some Crest toothpaste that I got for free. Seems like a good deal to me By the way, I shop in the same stores Sorry Mrs. Sunshine it seems that we are on your turf
    Last edited by Lovetopayless; Sat, Jun 4th, 2011 at 10:24 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

One thing that seems to have been noticed today is that the last inserts for both Red Plum and P&G were only in the Free Press if you get home delivery. My parents get the paper delivered (in Byron) and they got both in today's paper. I'm in White Oaks and went to several paper boxes as well as variety stores and found none.

Stores are really playing catch-up on learning how to deal with coupons and having a consistent policy as well as trained staff so it really is hit and miss. Walmart seems to be the most progressive in regard to a welcoming couponing environment currently and the fact that they permit overages doesn't hurt either!

I've not come to one of the in person trading sessions yet but may someday. I have a feeling that being a guy, I'm a little out-numbered!

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

The same thing happened last time it came out. It only came in subscription papers. And we have another guy there. Squark is a guy. Come on out!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stryker96 View Post
    One thing that seems to have been noticed today is that the last inserts for both Red Plum and P&G were only in the Free Press if you get home delivery. My parents get the paper delivered (in Byron) and they got both in today's paper. I'm in White Oaks and went to several paper boxes as well as variety stores and found none.

I've not come to one of the in person trading sessions yet but may someday. I have a feeling that being a guy, I'm a little out-numbered!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My Londoner DID show up - with inserts and everything! and my Dad gets his paper delivered so when I was over there last night I looked through it - he wasn't home yet, and he had them too - I texted and asked if he clipped AND USED them - he said no and said I could have them. At a friend in Glencoe's today and their local weekly freebie paper came this weekend with lots of flyers but no inserts - I'll share but wondering how people outside of LDN, ST. T etc. manage...yikes!!

I did hand in my freebie coke and ice cream coupons today at no frills - it was THRILLING to say the least

My boyfriend is a little excited about the savings as long as I don't start bringing home shelves of things...the more guys on board the better!!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Lol my wife has gone from shaking her head about me to laughing. Yesterday was 16 lysol toilet bowl cleaner for 16$DING

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ppjogod View Post
    Hello everyone how are you? A new Daily Deal website based out of London is launching in July. Great name www.jogodeals.com (Join Our Group Offer!). They will be offering deals on some of the best services and products London has to offer. They are running a pre launch Giveaway right now! Sign up
    why are you spamming? I thought there was actually new info about coupons and I find this on everything now

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I've already reported him.I actually feel like finding all of his posts and reporting them but it would be just a waste of time.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

On a side note what a way not to start on a good foot when trying to attract attention to ones self or business.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information