User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

have been hearing about stamps and have no idea what they are, and I am not good at searching this site yet..so what are they? thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Stamps are what you think they are. They are postage. Currently I believe they are at 59 cents/stamp to mail. Some people don't mind trading coupons for stamps. I believe if you are new, and want to join a trade..some traders request you include stamps

Coupon Ninja in Training astrid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Do you mean when people talk about trading stamps? That just means that instead of sending coupons, you send a postage stamp. That way you're not "paying" for the coupons, but it's something everyone wants / uses.

yeacoupons
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by astrid View Post
    Do you mean when people talk about trading stamps? That just means that instead of sending coupons, you send a postage stamp. That way you're not "paying" for the coupons, but it's something everyone wants / uses.
    Exactly, I often trade for postage stamps with locals so I can do more trading through the mail. Works really well for newbies who have nothing to trade but want to get started. Of course, never trade someone value for value. Example: I have a $1.50 off coupon you want and I would never ask for 2 stamps in exchange. Usually when I have an extra redplum, P&G or smart source insert I only ask for ONE stamp for the entire insert (unless it needs to be mailed then I will ask for an extra one to cover postage) but for those in Edmonton who pick up the inserts then just one stamp and so on.
    That's actually what I did when I got started. I sent someone 15 stamps and got a whack load of coupons which got me well on my way

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

The going rate is 1 p stamp (permanent unused stamp) = .59 cents Canadian Tire Money = $5 worth of coupons.
    I trade for stamps and CT money all the time. That way I still am able to get my coupons to someone who would use them and I can use the stamps/CT money for future trades. But, you want to trade for more than $5 at a time. For example, if you request $5 worth of coupons and send me 1 stamp it costs me 1 stamp to send them and then I've broken even on the stamp and lost $5 worth of coupons, so minimum $10 trade or you send an extra stamp for postage if under the $5 mark. Most experienced traders are really generous and send lots of extra coupons they think you could use or are on your wish list. That's why it's super important to have you "About" page visible on your profile they can see you wish list when you add one.

Here are the current larger trading rates among SC:

$50 'start up coupons' not handpicked by trader = 5 stamps/$3.95 CT money
    $100 'start up coupons' not handpicked by trader = 10 stamps/5$GC/$6.65 CT money
    $20 hand picked coupons = 4 stamps/$2.30 CT money
    $50 hand picked coupons = 10 stamps/$5 GC/$6.65 CT money
    $100 hand picked coupons = 15 stamps/$10 GC minimum/$13.95 CT money
    It's also appreciated that people who want 100$ in coupons would include extra stamps for postage.
    I'm no longer couponing and my dogs have passed away. I can't figure out how to delete my profile. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Thanks..that's a really neat idea..I may hve to take advantage of that

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    127 (100%)

5 Dollars Worth Of Coupons Isn't Alot For 1 Stamp.. Looks Like I Gotta Start Charging Higher Prices If This Is The Going Rate..

Daisie If Your Looking For Coupons PM Me.. I'll Gladly Take Some Stamps Of Your Hands.

Thread Information