User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Are these "knock off" products actually using the Brand Name (i.e., Colgate, Aveeno, etc...) on their packaging?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marseille-2007 View Post
    I double checked and the addresses on the products are all Canadien.
    Thank you for sharing your dollar store finds.
    Great that these are the same products we can find in our "regular" stores.
    And, you did not need to use coupons. So, P& G's latest Brandsaver may be a little disappointing compared to past editions, but at least with the dollar stores we have some more options. Yes!
    Can just picture your husband and son fighting over the Axe products. Hehehe.

I will check our my dollar store to see what they have.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ombrelle sunscreen has Titanium Dioxide in it. I bought it for that reason. I think you can find other sunscreen that have that ingredient in the cosmetic section, but they are probably more expensive coz u pay for the brand name. Spray sunscreen is not suppose to be good for you coz the spray particles may go into your body when you breathe that stuff. You can probably hold you breath, but the particles may still linger in the air even after a few minutes you sprayed

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobuzz View Post
    Are these "knock off" products actually using the Brand Name (i.e., Colgate, Aveeno, etc...) on their packaging?
    Yes they use brand names on their packaging but there is usually something different about them that is hard to notice.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    62 (100%)

Great find! Will have to check out my Dollaramma more regularly! I once found Dove shampoo, conditioner and conditioning spray at my Dollaramma!!! Unfortunately, I didn't think to stock up and the product has since been discontinued. I found some of the spray at Liquidation World, but over double the price I paid at Dollaramma.

I will have to be more aware of the "knock off" products, it didn't even occur to me! Thanks for the heads-up!

Learning ...
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ah ... the great sunscreen debate!! I use "badger" sunscreen on myself and my kiddies. It works excellent - though leaves you a little "whitish". We have never been sun burnt while wearing it - mind you we do try to stay in the shade when we can. It is all natural and safe on teeny tiny babies. When I spoke with my doctor after all the scary things I read about sunscreen, she said at the end of the day wearing sunscreen when in direct sunlight for long periods is absolutely better than not wearing it. But she did recommend the Badger Natural sunscreen as a good alternative. We all need to make our own decisions about what we chose to use and put in and on our bodies - the trick is to do your research and be informed I have not been able to find a coupon for Badger - if anyone does I would LOVE to swap - it is expensive!!!!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

These name brand products are at the Dollarama because the manufacturers are changing the packaging.
    I am aware of the toothpaste though!

Melanie

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryBlue View Post
    I think, based on the logic given, the answer would be 'your people aren't sun people. Move back to England.'

Basically, thanks to thousands of years of human evolution, people from hot/sunny climates have darker skin that is naturally more resistant to sun exposure. People from cooler climates have lighter skin.

But then, we've gone and messed with Mother Nature by moving around so much. Now we've got white people in Florida who really have no business being there. Boom! It's a recipe for disaster.

Realistically speaking, I don't know that a person with fair skin should be 'expected' to stay indoors all the time. I don't personally take effort to tan during the summer but sometimes it just happens. Since I don't care to spend the entire season inside (unless there's air conditioning!), sunblock is the next best thing.

Getting back on topic, though........ that is a killer deal on sunblock, OP! I need to go and snag me some.
    I think the issue here is if you are going to buy the mass produced, chemical filled sunscreens that are on the market. Or, if you are going to buy the health food store sunblocks which are not harmful to your skin.

Yes, they are more expensive, but regular sunscreen is TERRIBLY bad for you!!!

The only thing better than saving money is VOLLEYBALL!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by butterflies114 View Post
    Yes they use brand names on their packaging but there is usually something different about them that is hard to notice.
    No, these products are not "knock offs" or "fakes". These are products that are produced from the manufacturer, just like those that you would fine in stores...

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by emma008 View Post
    ombrelle sunscreen has Titanium Dioxide in it. I bought it for that reason. I think you can find other sunscreen that have that ingredient in the cosmetic section, but they are probably more expensive coz u pay for the brand name. Spray sunscreen is not suppose to be good for you coz the spray particles may go into your body when you breathe that stuff. You can probably hold you breath, but the particles may still linger in the air even after a few minutes you sprayed
    The cream is just as bad for you, because like they suggest, you should put the cream on 30 minutes before going in the sun, so it can "soak" into your skin. All of the cream that is being absorbed into your body through your pores is also bringing the chemicals into your body... But yes, I'm sure that breathing in the particles is also really bad!!
    Last edited by miss__brittany; Sun, Jun 12th, 2011 at 03:25 PM.

SMRT Canuck
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

Dollar stores are great, sadly mine doesnt hold any of those products!

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by miss__brittany View Post
    No, these products are not "knock offs" or "fakes". These are products that are produced from the manufacturer, just like those that you would fine in stores...

I've been told by a Dollarama employee that brand name products are in their store cause the companies are changing the packaging....

I think it would be illegal for a company to use another company's brand name (which would be Trademarked) on their products. I'm a vintage My Little Pony collector and there are all kinds of knock off's....other companies even use the same packaging colors, very similar pony art & names of the newer versions of MLP's.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought the Banana Boat spray ones today and even found one Hawaiian Tropic cream with 60 SPF! Thanx for the heads up!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My dollarama experiences are usually hit or miss! I was excited to come across Maybelline NY Intense XXL Microfiber Mascara at the Dollarama in Hanover, Ontario once. They were selling it for $2 and that stuff is atleast $5-$7 at WM. I told all my friends, picked up a couple tubes, and I have never seen it in a Dollarama since...and I ALWAYS check!

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

I buy all of my disposable containers there as I send them out with my kids and hubby and they take forever to come back lol. I bought 6 containers and lids the other day for 1.25 which I won't shed too many tears over if they don't find their way home immediately. I am sure glad I don't have to look in their school lockers which I am sure is home to many of these little plastic soldiers. Mind you it is not so great when they come back dirty after 2 or 3 weeks sitting lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information