User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Trading Score
    386 (100%)

I got tons of boxes of clothes from co-workers and friends. They range from newborn - 5years old (give or take). His closet is literally stacked with boxes, and both of his dressors are packed with the clothes that fit him now and up to 9 months. My grandmother sent a box of brand new clothes last month, all of them were JOE brand. I absolutely love them they are adorable! I have boughten a couple of things here and there from RCSS especially when I find things on clearance. They only time we ever had to buy clothing was before he was born, we bought a few sleepers and onesies... but he outgrew them within two weeks of being home.

We don't plan on having to buy new clothes for quite a while, of course we will buy him nice things for when we go out and stuff. But other than that kids get messy enough as it is so second hand is definantly what I'll be using. =)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I usually buy my kids clothes from Joe, or from a great outlet store called l'aubainerie which is right around the corner from me. Shirts go for $1-$5 and pants and shorts are always $5. Once a season they always have 50% those prices!! One good thing about living in Montreal is the warehouse sales, there are several baby/kids ones every year that i stock up!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

I go to once upon a child, or even online at kijiji. I have 3 girls and it goes down the line I have two boxes of stuff that will fit the other two girls for fall/winter/ and spring/summer next year. But I do buy new clothing too form walmart, zellers, Old navy, Gap, please mum(when is sarnia), and that childern's place.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got most of my daughter's clothes from Old Navy and Joe
    some from Mothercare in UK

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I was very lucky that 3 Mom's have given all DS clothes. I might have purchased a pair of shoes and maybe a couple summer hats for him since he has been born. It saved sooo much $$$ (esp since some of the clothes still had their tags attached). I'm preggo w/ #2 so let's see if boy or girl... if a boy I kept all the clothes. If a girl, she'll be wearing some of the "unisex" clothes.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I've bought a lot of toddler-size clothes secondhand. Unfortunately, with my son being born at the end of a winter, I didn't have much opportunity to purchase baby sizes at garage sales before he was born. When he was very small, I bought most things from Superstore, Sears, or Costco.

I'm stocking up now on size 4 for next year, and because clothes tend to wear out as kids get into the bigger sizes, I'm not having much luck with secondhand. I've been buying items on rock-bottom clearance at the end of seasons. I think I'm getting used to those clearance prices, because when I planned to go and buy shorts and a top for a gift for my friend's son for his birthday in June, I just couldn't justify spending $12 for shorts and $8 for a top for a 2-year-old boy... and this was the price at Superstore! Had to change my plan! Typically, I've been paying $3-5 for shorts and $3-$3.50 for tops when buying out of season. Can't do a whole lot better than that if shopping at a thrift store. I recently ordered a bunch of summer items from Gymboree.com (including dresses and other gifts for my nieces). With discounts and a coupon, I ended up with 21 clothing items for $71.00. What's nice is that Gymboree has better-quality items that stand up well. When he outgrows them and I sell his outgrown clothes, I figure people are going to be more likely to want them for the brand name. (And yet I've paid less than Wal-Mart prices for them!)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Minou I have tons of clothes to sel.l I have twins g/b. What size do you need? PM yr email address pls.

Canewbie
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

I like to go to the Children's Place outlet store. They have new items and will have sales, 5.00 with 50% off Plus I use my 15% survey as well. Once I got tops and shorts for .49 cents each. Off season or end of season. as well as Old navy. they just had a bag sale today. their were 6 short sleeve and 2 long sleeve tops. All for 20.00 They had sizes baby up to Adult. I find garage sales are good if you children are small, but once they hit the size med (8) you half to buy new.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I hear ya Minou. I get better than Walmart prices at Gymboree too. I typically pay a fraction of the tag price with gymbucks and other sales.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gymboree and children's place used to be my favorite shopping place for kids. But my nieces and nephew have already grown, I found a new favorite shopping site for kids www.childsplayclothing.co.uk/ -I always enjoy browsing their site because of the nice stuffs that they have not to mention the designer clothings that can really become a great way to spoil children.

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

Giant Tiger clearance rack!!! Can't beat getting shirts, jeans for $5 or less!!!
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information