User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by TheSaltyDog; Thu, Jun 23rd, 2011 at 03:12 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Joe for me too. I get them from RCSS. There was a clearance a few months ago so I bought a lot of bigger clothes too. Occasionally from Old Navy, especially when they have 50% off clearance.
    I get some nice clothes from Winners when I have the chance to shop there. Sometimes Costco has new baby items in which are cute and quite cheap.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Zellers, Giant Tiger. Walmart. and the occasional garage sale

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Last edited by TheSaltyDog; Thu, Jun 23rd, 2011 at 03:12 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I forgot to say Walmart! Got some nice cotton shorts and pants for DS last week at $4 each.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

i only buy ds clothes i really like. i usually like the sesame beginnings cookie monster stuff (from zellers) or some of the licensed clothes such as cars/toy story... that you can find at many different stores. we really dont buy him verry much. i have a cousin that had twin boys a few years before we had ds. they give us a lot of their old clothes and toys so we only have to buy him what we want to. the stuff is in great condition (some still having the tags on). and i know where it came from. personally i would not buy ds used clother from a yard sale or used clothing store because you dont know the environment they came from (for example smoke can contaminate fabrics even if they no longer smell like smoke). personally i dont think there is anything wrong with used clothing i just want to make sure there isnt any possible issues. if that makes any sense lol.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I love Carters as well, just got back from the states and bought my boys 8 outfits (shorts and shirts) for $40.00 very very happy!

I refuse to buy clothes from Zellers they never ever last long, the shirts always get little holes in them and it peeves me off!!

Old Navy ~ blah!
    Childrens Place ~ is getting old for me, not a lot of cute boy stuff
    Joe Fresh ~ received some as gifts never had a problem
    Walmart ~ hit and miss for me
    Gymboree ~ if you can get a good deal they have really cute stuff!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i go to once upon a child! LOVE consignment stores! Just like a good will but better condition.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by butterflies114 View Post
    I refuse to buy clothes from Zellers they never ever last long, the shirts always get little holes in them and it peeves me off!!
    Really, I've never had a problem with their clothes, in fact I often prefer them over Walmart. I find their styles nicer and often their deals better.

...also doesn't Zellers have that offer - if the clothes don't last longer than the child out-growing them they'll replace it?
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Never had a problem with Zelelrs clothes... mine or ones I buy for daughter... Stiches/Sirens/etc is a diff story, LOL!

I buy where it's cheap if I like the items. Zellers clearance is AMAZING (can be), Value Village (very hit and miss,t ho, and someties are priced crazy!)... thrift stores (again, hit and miss)... wal-mart clearance. and oaccasionally i buy things that aren't reduced... doesn't happen much. panites come from RCSS, tho... oh, did get some on clearance at fields too...

I have boxes of clothes for my daughter to grow into ... what fun it is to go through them every few months and pick out what she could try on and see if it fits, lol!
    Last edited by SmackUTwice; Sat, Jun 11th, 2011 at 09:19 AM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

used to be please mum because there was one in the local mall.
    lately it has been children's place. both of them only if they are super cheap. like ultra clearance prices! i like to stock up on the next size up when seasonal clothes are on clearance.

zellers is great for turtle necks in the winter. in the fall they will have a nice color variety that is decent quality for about 6.97, which is great. last year i tried to shop around, but didn't find any satisfactory ones for a cheap price, and came back to zellers for them.

walmart is great for pajamas. $25+ for pj's at the 'fashionable' kids stores is insanity. i also cheat a little and will get a slightly larger size, because pj's don't wear out and if i can get a few extra months out of them that's even better. the trick is to only buy pj's that have the stretchy ankle cuff and sleeve cuff, that way the poor kiddos aren't tripping over extra long pants hehe.

socks and undies at walmart as well.

i don't like the gap. i never go in there and find anything i actually like. it all just seems blah to me for some reason. and i can't get over how their clearance prices are still just too expensive for me.

i love to dress my kids in super cute clothes, but i have really low standards price wise! somehow i make it work, and that makes me happy
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmackUTwice View Post
    I have boxes of clothes for my daughter to grow into ... what fun it is to go through them every few months and pick out what she could try on and see if it fits, lol!
    totally! i find that if i have next season's stuff already purchased at super low prices i'm not suddenly surprised when the pants don't kit and having to run out and buy stuff at whatever price is available at the time.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (80%)

We like Joe, Old Navy and HM. My 12 year old is picky but she doesn't have the urge to dress like a prostitot yet so I go with her flow and keep her in clothes she likes.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Value Village lol. Honestly, it's rare that I buy brand new clothing, and if I do, it's almost always on sale. I love the Joe kids clothes though and also Old Navy.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Garage sales are my favorite since kids tend to either outgrow their clothes or wear them out so it's hard to justify paying full price for everything. I try to buy mostly "special" outfits for holidays like Christmas, Easter, and birthdays. I was able to get 3 plastic bags of clothes for my 6week old boy for $6 at one sale and it included a whole bunch of jeans/overalls (Levis, Children's Place, etc), hoodies/jackets, Robeez shoes, and Pekkle sleepers in great shape! I also got my 2.5 year old girl a bunch of things at another sale for $65...a snowsuit, a jacket, several dresses/skirts, and 3 big boxes of pants, shirts, etc (mostly Wal-Mart, Superstore brands). I also borrow clothes from friends/relatives who have older kids.
    If I'm going to buy new basic clothes I mostly shop at Wal-Mart, Children's Place outlet, and Old Navy. I also just discovered a Carter's/Osh Kosh outlet which has cute clothes and great prices. I find Winners really great for Christmas dresses and Costco amazing for onesies and sleepers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information