User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I went to south common Ld yesterday and did not stack p&g, i stacked scrubbing bubbles and noxzema, and customer service said there is no stacking, if the coupon has anything along the lines of "cannot be combined with other offer, can not be used in conjunction with, etc..."
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs

Kaz
    Female
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup that is what I have been told to! The new wording they are considering unstackable has been there as long as I can remember but they never used to interpert it that way. They say they still stack but good luck finding a coupon to do it with! There was a memo that went out to all stores about this but some are enforcing and some are not as I have still seen brags on here with coupons that have this wording so I guess for now it depends on the store?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

The one in Windermere did the same thing to me yesterday with Dove. Booo

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

Southcommon is bad they also refused to use the coupon book if you used a coupon until a manager from another store called them. I won't shop there anymore. They are terrible!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I've only stacked twice at LD. Both times at South Common, I found Customer Service very good both times.

The reason that some other LD accept the coupons with the 'combined' wording is they don't read the fine print.

There are still plenty of coupons out there that are stackable, although other manufacturers may start changing their wording like P&G did.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

The reason why Windemere and South Common are not as willing to stack is because people are clearing out shelves.
    My self and another smart canucker went to the Windermer walmart and ran into a girl that was purchasing AT LEAST 30 dove body washes, and at least 20 dove pack soaps.

The LD I go to now has a sign at the front door and at customer services thats says "we reserve the right to limite quanties due to overly large quanties being bought"

I understand some people donate etc, but clearing shelves is making it hard for other couponers to even get one or two.
    For the regular consumers that dont use coupons, they cant even buy an item on Rollback at walmart or on sale at london drugs because shelves are being cleared out in one or two transactions.

Its also making our stores reluctant to allow us to buy more then one or two at a time, or even stack at all.

With people doing this, we are going to ruin coupon stacking. Were all here to get a good deal and to save money, but pretty soon this is going to be harder and harder. One london drugs would only let me price match one item from a shoppers drug mart flayer, last month I was able to price match more then one item.

I definitely know there are amazing smart canuckers out there that dont do this, I just really wish we could all get on the same page.

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

I agree with it 100%. I was even told by one LD that the reason they will only let you pricematch one item is because they would be cleared out of everything. When I ran into a couponer a couple of weeks ago I seen that she was stacking certain coupons. I had some of thise myself and said to her that I will be getting some too and she said to me, don't bother I cleared the shelfs. I just hope some of the extreme extreme shoppers will have been stocked up soon so that there are things left for those that buy 1 or 2 of those items.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by biankavarner View Post
    I agree with it 100%. I was even told by one LD that the reason they will only let you pricematch one item is because they would be cleared out of everything. When I ran into a couponer a couple of weeks ago I seen that she was stacking certain coupons. I had some of thise myself and said to her that I will be getting some too and she said to me, don't bother I cleared the shelfs. I just hope some of the extreme extreme shoppers will have been stocked up soon so that there are things left for those that buy 1 or 2 of those items.

Yikes!! She said right to your face, "dont bother Ive cleared the shelfs". Thats horrible.

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

yes she did...
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonGal View Post
    Yikes!! She said right to your face, "dont bother Ive cleared the shelfs". Thats horrible.

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

In the main forum the quantity of 4 of any one item was deemed acceptable, unless it is going to clear the shelf. Most coupons limit 4 like coupons. BUT, this sounds like it may be too many for the Edmonton area. Extreme couponing has really thrown retailers and manufacturers for a loop. They are not quite sure what to do so they are reacting in crisis mode until couponing dies down and they can resume business as usual. Using coupons did use to be fun, but now it has become quite stressful. I'm glad I stocked up (not shelf clearing) on most toiletries and cleaning supplies before everyone and their dog decided to start couponing. Now I can wait for retailers and couponers to get on the same page before I need to buy more (or buy 1 item at a time). I enjoy saving money but there has been a lot of negative and frustrated couponers on this site lately and I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. The world is not consipring against coupons. I view them as a blessing, not a right. I've learned if you can't use a coupon it's best to walk away and try again another time with a different cashier. I rather pay full price than loose my mind. Sure hope couponing becomes enjoyable again.
    I'm no longer couponing and my dogs have passed away. I can't figure out how to delete my profile. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

Another thing I found out today, while I was out still looking for the trial pack IAMs, I noticed that Walmart had taken the price tag for it all together. I asked one of the stockers if they would get it backin she told me that they weren't sure. I think they are tired of people clearing out the shelfes and decide not to restock at all, or at least till those coupons expire. Which would be really sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvandekuyt View Post
    In the main forum the quantity of 4 of any one item was deemed acceptable, unless it is going to clear the shelf. Most coupons limit 4 like coupons. BUT, this sounds like it may be too many for the Edmonton area. Extreme couponing has really thrown retailers and manufacturers for a loop. They are not quite sure what to do so they are reacting in crisis mode until couponing dies down and they can resume business as usual. Using coupons did use to be fun, but now it has become quite stressful. I'm glad I stocked up (not shelf clearing) on most toiletries and cleaning supplies before everyone and their dog decided to start couponing. Now I can wait for retailers and couponers to get on the same page before I need to buy more (or buy 1 item at a time). I enjoy saving money but there has been a lot of negative and frustrated couponers on this site lately and I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. The world is not consipring against coupons. I view them as a blessing, not a right. I've learned if you can't use a coupon it's best to walk away and try again another time with a different cashier. I rather pay full price than loose my mind. Sure hope couponing becomes enjoyable again.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sounds like the fun has been sucked out of couponing -and I've only just begun. Clearing the shelf is NOT cool. 4 seems like a fair number for people to stock up on. Unless your the Duggars! : )

Play fair everyone.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I totally agree. I usually only buy a couple of items at a time. The most I have ever bought was 3 juices unless the coupon requires that the coupon requires the purchase of more. If I want more I can go back another time. I don't want to seem like a pig. I will stock up on cereal that has coupons on it (but not clear the shelf). I bought 5 today as my daughter loves Coolisions.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Especially with shows like extreme couponing , the shelf cleaning has gotten way worse and out of hand and iits frustrating :-(

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I feel like I am getting even more confused now on what you can stack and what you cannot. I think I may have to go talk to the manager of my London Drugs.
    *****Don't you wish you were earning free gifts and rewards too?*****
    Join me at SWAGBUCKS and you could earn $450 a year just like me AND ALSO
    Register with iRazoo where I have earned $135 in amazon gc's in under 4 months

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information